PDA

View Full Version : Nick Weatherspoon

BehindTheScenes
07-28-2015, 06:58 PM
Howland and co. have officially offered 2017 combo guard Nick Weatherspoon, the younger brother of Quinn. He already holds offers from LSU, UCONN, Ole Miss, Memphis, and Ohio State to go with ours.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2015, 06:59 PM
I like our chances but it's by no means a slam dunk bc Q is on campus. Nick is his own kid & is going to do what's best for him.

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 07:09 PM
Has anyone thought about the potential for a very "MSU family/legacy" feel our team could have in a few years? Weatherspoon brothers, Tyson Carter, Garrison Brooks, Robert Woodard, etc. Almost half of our roster could conceivably have a direct family relationship to MSU basketball.

BehindTheScenes
07-28-2015, 07:18 PM
I like our chances but it's by no means a slam dunk bc Q is on campus. Nick is his own kid & is going to do what's best for him.

Yes. Nick walks to the beat of his own drum. Howland & staff will be on him hard and not take him for granted.

RBritt
07-28-2015, 08:03 PM
We are using "network" like connections in our basketball recruiting.

messageboardsuperhero
07-28-2015, 09:30 PM
We are using "network" like connections in our basketball recruiting.

I like this post because it's true.

C222
07-28-2015, 09:37 PM
Also, 5 star 2017 C Austin Wiley cut his list to 13 (13?!) and we're on it.

BehindTheScenes
07-28-2015, 10:30 PM
Also, 5 star 2017 C Austin Wiley cut his list to 13 (13?!) and we're on it.

Both of Wiley's parents played at Auburn and they are the team to beat. I'll never say never when it comes to recruiting with Howland at the helm, but I wouldn't expect anything here.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Both of Wiley's parents played at Auburn and they are the team to beat. I'll never say never when it comes to recruiting with Howland at the helm, but I wouldn't expect anything here.

Yea the odds are low on this 1.

klong-dog
07-29-2015, 01:33 AM
OM might as well shut their program down, with the way we'll be racking in the croots.

messageboardsuperhero
07-29-2015, 07:52 AM
OM might as well shut their program down, with the way we'll be racking in the croots.

I think AK will keep them decent/middle of the pack in the SEC. We don't really ever compete with them for recruits, so the success of the two programs isn't correlated like it is in football. That's why I really don't care much about what they do in basketball- it's still an in-state rivalry game that you want to win, but it's not nearly as big as it is in football. Plus they're a historically shitty program, and I'd much rather beak UK or UF than them.

The real question is will UM fans continue to accept AK's decent results when Howland inevitably starts winning at a high level here? We'll see.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-29-2015, 08:21 AM

AK will keep winning 20 games & be on the bubble. We just have our sights set on bigger & better things. We'll get back to beating them regularly & it won't be a big deal.

messageboardsuperhero
07-29-2015, 09:09 AM
AK will keep winning 20 games & be on the bubble. We just have our sights set on bigger & better things. We'll get back to beating them regularly & it won't be a big deal.

Exactly.

fishwater99
07-29-2015, 09:09 AM
The real question is will UM fans continue to accept AK's decent results when Howland inevitably starts winning at a high level here? We'll see.

My Bear buddies are already wanting him gone..