PDA

View Full Version : Tom Luginbill w/ESPN on Bear Wilson, Duke Williams & Laquon Treadwell

Out of Bounds
07-28-2015, 02:33 PM
Luginbill discussed SEC WRs on the Out of Bounds today.

PODCAST: http://*******/1g6LJdD
Out of Bounds Radio App w PODCAST: http://*******/1l69XZN

Thanks,
Bo

Bo Bounds
Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
Live stream: thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds
Jackson, MS

Dawg496
07-28-2015, 02:44 PM
Synopsis anyone?

cheewgumm
07-28-2015, 02:48 PM
Treadwell> Williams> Wilson

The end.

Rayburn8
07-28-2015, 02:52 PM

The end.
I would have Williams(small gap), Treadwell(smaller gap) Wilson. Wilson is and will be a monster but Duke is probably the best WR in the country. However, this is of course assuming Treadwell comes back as good as he was pre-injury.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-28-2015, 03:00 PM
Treadwell and Williams were Top rated WR's coming out of high school, while Bear is still learning the position and was recruited as a TE by some schools. It says a lot if he is already in the same conversation with those guys while still learning the position.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
07-28-2015, 03:07 PM

The end.

That's more an order of who he said was more polished. My interpretation was that Luginbill views Williams as the better player & specimen versus Treadwell, just less polished at playing the position. He seems to view Bear as a pure possession/ jump ball guy, didn't really hit on how he will continue to develop as a receiver. Personally, I think Bear's strength & tackle breaking ability makes up for a lack of quick twitch elusiveness, both w/ & w/o the ball.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 03:49 PM
Duke Williams Stats:

45 catches 730 yards 5 touchdowns

Bear Wilson Stats:

47 catches 680 yards 9 touchdowns

And Bear is not even in the same conversation? Are you sure about that, Tom Luginbill? Let's not even mention that Bear is a true sophomore that only played one year of high school football.

GTFOHWTBS!

TUSK
07-28-2015, 03:55 PM
was it just about SECW WRs?

If not, I'd expect to see Pharoh Cooper at, or near, the top....

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 03:57 PM
was it just about SECW WRs?

If not, I'd expect to see Pharoh Cooper at, or near, the top....

No. They just compared Treadwell, Wilson and Williams.

TUSK
07-28-2015, 03:59 PM
No. They just compared Treadwell, Wilson and Williams.

Roger that.... Thanks!

Bama_Dawg
07-28-2015, 04:00 PM
Just keep sleeping on the Dawgs....

Just This Once
07-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Duke Williams Stats:

Bear Wilson Stats:

And Bear is not even in the same conversation? Are you sure about that, Tom Luginbill? Let's not even mention that Bear is a true sophomore that only played one year of high school football.

GTFOHWTBS!

To be fair, Bear was our top guy last year while Williams was behind Coates and about even with Bray until he got injured.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 04:36 PM
To be fair, Bear was our top guy last year while Williams was behind Coates and about even with Bray until he got injured.

Sammie Coates stats:

34 catches 741 yards 4 touchdowns

Quin Bray's stats:

39 catches 471 yards 4 touchdowns

*drops mic*

maroonmania
07-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Duke Williams Stats:

Bear Wilson Stats:

GTFOHWTBS!

Luginbill usually is pretty realistic on his evaluations, and I could certainly see anyone placing Treadwell and Williams slightly ahead of Wilson, but for him to act like Treadwell and Williams are light years ahead of Wilson is just totally bogus IMO. And Wilson has significantly more growth potential than either Williams or Treadwell.

maroonmania
07-28-2015, 04:51 PM

All that means is that defenses will now get to focus more attention on Williams with Coates gone.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 04:57 PM
Luginbill usually is pretty realistic on his evaluations, and I could certainly see anyone placing Treadwell and Williams slightly ahead of Wilson, but for him to act like Treadwell and Williams are light years ahead of Wilson is just totally bogus IMO. And Wilson has significantly more growth potential than either Williams or Treadwell.

I agree. That's what I took offense with. To say Bear is "not even in the conversation" with those guys is ludicrous. Of course they are a little more polished than Bear. They've been playing the position much longer. Bear's results speak for themselves. To me, they say he definitely belongs in the same conversation.

FISHDAWG
07-28-2015, 04:58 PM
Sammie Coates stats:

34 catches 741 yards 4 touchdowns

Quin Bray's stats:

39 catches 471 yards 4 touchdowns

*drops mic*

so it appears that Bear Wilson = Sammy Coats + Duke Williams for 9td's (C + W ) = B