PDA

View Full Version : 17 u Bama...17 u Danielson...this game still pisses me off we should have beat them

99jc
07-27-2015, 10:03 PM
so many mistakes...oh yeah 17 u Gary Danielson #1 dickhead

Todd4State
07-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Gary Danielson was basically hoping that Dak was hurt in the UK game. If I were Scott I would have demanded an apology. Classless.

gravedigger
07-27-2015, 10:13 PM
Lighten up. They planned to stop our strength. They did. We should have won but the game was lost before the first interception was thrown.

They out coached us period.

Beaver
07-27-2015, 10:39 PM
On Prescott's 3rd Int -- the tipped pass intended over the middle for Lewis.. If that pass isn't tipped, Lewis just has to get past the deep safety-who's 10 yds behind the play-and he scores with 5:00 left.

That's football... So many moments where State needed to come through in the clutch, but just couldn't quite get over the hump.

Pinto
07-27-2015, 10:42 PM
My thing is there is one or two games every year where Dan just tucks his wiener and we have no fight or swagger. This year was Bama and Mississippi.
I just wonder what we tuck wiener on this year. I feel like it will be Mizzou and Arkansas

TUSK
07-27-2015, 10:45 PM
so many mistakes...oh yeah 17 u Gary Danielson #1 dickhead

Gary couldn't have prevented the disparity of physicality... especially early on...

MSUDawg4Life
07-27-2015, 10:49 PM
Lighten up. They planned to stop our strength. They did. We should have won but the game was lost before the first interception was thrown.

Bama does the same thing every year. Run the ball. Stop the run. They plan to stop everybody's strength, which is usually the run in the SEC. It's been that way for many years.

I disagree the game was lost before the first interception. Without two of those interceptions, if we just kick field goals in the red zone we win the game. Score a touchdown and we win going away.

We were ready for Bama that day. They executed and we didn't. It's that simple.

RBritt
07-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Bama cliffnotes. Fred Brown dropped a 20 yard pass before the safety. Jameon dropped a huge 3rd down play. Bad throw by Dak to MoJo, Derunnya Tackled on jump pass, Malone false start when we were on the 1. That cost us 7 we got 3. Made field goal 6 points should be 10-19. Dak Int looking for bear 3 worst case scenario 13-19. Ross TD 20-19. Bama scored after lucky ass Sims pulled 4 rabbits out of a hat 26 or 27 to 20. Tipped pass int to Jameon shoulda coulda woulda been a TD. 27 up or 27/26. Final drive when we scored would have made it 35/26. We choked and if it was us up 1 late in Tuscaloosa we know the nice refs would have fixed it. Beat that ass at home this year. Hope Dak lights em up for 400 and 100.

TUSK
07-27-2015, 11:02 PM
Bama cliffnotes. Fred Brown dropped a 20 yard pass before the safety. Jameon dropped a huge 3rd down play. Bad throw by Dak to MoJo, Derunnya Tackled on jump pass, Malone false start when we were on the 1. That cost us 7 we got 3. Made field goal 6 points should be 10-19. Dak Int looking for bear 3 worst case scenario 13-19. Ross TD 20-19. Bama scored after lucky ass Sims pulled 4 rabbits out of a hat 26 or 27 to 20. Tipped pass int to Jameon shoulda coulda woulda been a TD. 27 up or 27/26. Final drive when we scored would have made it 35/26. We choked and if it was us up 1 late in Tuscaloosa we know the nice refs would have fixed it. Beat that ass at home this year. Hope Dak lights em up for 400 and 100.

sounds like something on NAFOOM.

RBritt
07-27-2015, 11:10 PM
Notice coulda woulda shoulda on there? Best team won that day but you are crazy if you don't think elite teams are not protected. See the NCAA tournament this past spring when Duke got a possession that wasn't theirs given to them after a review. Also if that would have been Robinson fumbling that ball like Henry did you know GD well that wouldn't have been a TD. It'd have been 1st and 10 Bama.

TUSK
07-27-2015, 11:13 PM
Notice coulda woulda shoulda on there? Best team won that day but you are crazy if you don't think elite teams are not protected. See the NCAA tournament this past spring when Duke got a possession that wasn't theirs given to them after a review. Also if that would have been Robinson fumbling that ball like Henry did you know GD well that wouldn't have been a TD. It'd have been 1st and 10 Bama.

agreed.

NCDawg
07-27-2015, 11:20 PM
They should not have ruled a TD on Henry's fumble. They had called it a fumble and our ball. From every angle I could see, there was no "indisputable evidence" that he scored.

TUSK
07-27-2015, 11:22 PM
They should not have ruled a TD on Henry's fumble. They had called it a fumble and our ball. From every angle I could see, there was no "indisputable evidence" that he scored.

I agree.

DancingRabbit
07-27-2015, 11:33 PM

17 off gump. Don't act like we've always got a square deal from the refs in Bama games.

sandwolf
07-27-2015, 11:39 PM
Gary couldn't have prevented the disparity of physicality... especially early on...

agreed.

You need to pull back on the reins a little bit. You chiming in with your condescending comments and your incredibly overused jokes about 'the process' and 'your dark lord' is getting pretty ****ing obnoxious.

TUSK
07-27-2015, 11:54 PM
You need to pull back on the reins a little bit. You chiming in with your condescending comments and your incredibly overused jokes about 'the process' and 'your dark lord' is getting pretty ****ing obnoxious.

yessir

mstatefan91
07-28-2015, 12:06 AM
No worries Tusk, I get your meaning and respect you for admitting that Henry's TD is suspect.

It's just that this was a monumental game in MSU history. It is best that you stay out of it because it is still fresh on the minds of many. Have a good night

Coach34
07-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Dakota's interception in the end zone late in the 3rd was a back-breaker. Terrible decision

whosyourdawgy
07-28-2015, 06:46 AM
And Josh Robinson dancing around in the endzone was a back breaker too. No way in Hell that play ever should've been a safety. I don't know what the Hell he was thinking on that play. Our 2 best offensive players made a few bonehead decisions and in the end cost us this game. And the Henry overturned TD which was such a Bama call killed us too. U think if that had been Robinson the play would've been overturned? Nope

DudyDawg
07-28-2015, 08:35 AM
We shouldn't have won. Saying "if we didn't screw ____ up we win" is pretty dumb. That's literally every game. I've never seen a team be perfect and lose.

Pollodawg
07-28-2015, 08:57 AM

Yeah, except it seems like every time we play Bama or Auburn in the Yellow Hammer state, we get 17ed in some way. You kinda just sit there and wait to see what it'll be this go round.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2015, 09:05 AM
The biggest reason we lost is because our best player had his worst game of the year. Point blank period. To beat Bama we needed a signature Heisman game from Dake IE: Johnny Football or Cam. We didn't get that. I think he learned a lot from that game & we will see that this year.

MadDawg
07-28-2015, 09:10 AM
My thing is there is one or two games every year where Dan just tucks his wiener and we have no fight or swagger. This year was Bama and Mississippi.
I just wonder what we tuck wiener on this year. I feel like it will be Mizzou and Arkansas

Has Dan lost a game as a favorite yet? Apparently he only "tucks his weiner" in games where the other team is better. Might explain some things.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 09:44 AM
We shouldn't have won. Saying "if we didn't screw ____ up we win" is pretty dumb. That's literally every game. I've never seen a team be perfect and lose.

You're right, but the fact remains we could have won. The opportunity was there and we didn't take it.

DudyDawg
07-28-2015, 09:56 AM
You're right, but the fact remains we could have won. The opportunity was there and we didn't take it.

I'm not saying we didn't have a chance. We got within striking distance and didn't take it, like you said, and they did. I just think it's silly to say we SHOULD have won.

Jack Lambert
07-28-2015, 10:03 AM

I don't know about the out coach. State pretty much dominated the Second half. The first half was mistakes on the field. If we had played that game in Starkville, we win by 10 points.

klong-dog
07-28-2015, 10:23 AM
The 2 plays that I thought were back breakers were Sims 2 3rd and long scampers for 1st downs. Both happened in key moments in the game.

War Machine Dawg
07-28-2015, 10:33 AM
The 2 plays that I thought were back breakers were Sims 2 3rd and long scampers for 1st downs. Both happened in key moments in the game.

Those were killers too. But I still say Dak's 3 red zone INTs, 1 in the endzone, were the difference. We lost by 5. If we just get 3 FGs from those possessions, we win by 4. Bottom line, Dak had a shitty day. It sucks, but it happens. (And don't even get me started on Collins trying to go man in the red zone with Hughes on Cooper.)

TrapGame
07-28-2015, 10:44 AM
We came out tighter than yoga pants on a fat girl in that first half.

Coach34
07-28-2015, 10:45 AM
The End zone Int was the back breaker because in spite of how he had played to that point- a TD there makes it anybody's game. It gives us momentum and confidence. We ended up stuffing them and then scoring on our next possession. We would have had the lead at that point. Just a killer.

And of course them picking up 3 straight 3rd downs after we cut it to 6 was huge as well

FlabLoser
07-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Gary did show some exceptional asshattery calling Dak and inferior QB. It wasn't his best game. And a legitimate Heisman contender QB is not an "inferior QB".

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2015, 11:34 AM
The play that was huge that doesn't get talked about enough is going into the half 1st & goal :22sec & Dak misses a wide open Malcolm in the corner. We have to settle for a FG & go in down 19-3 instead of 19-7 with a lot of momentum. Again just a bad day by Dak.

Csdog
07-28-2015, 11:36 AM
I will say I agree that Dak made keys mistakes but he also kept us in the game. Dak played great in the next 3 games. The losses were squarely on the Defense and Geoff Collins.

Covercorner2
07-28-2015, 11:52 AM
The play that was huge that doesn't get talked about enough is going into the half 1st & goal :22sec & Dak misses a wide open Malcolm in the corner. We have to settle for a FG & go in down 19-3 instead of 19-7 with a lot of momentum. Again just a bad day by Dak.

THIS. Dak had an off day throwing the ball and that was the biggest reason we lost.

Covercorner2
07-28-2015, 11:54 AM
I will say I agree that Dak made keys mistakes but he also kept us in the game. Dak played great in the next 3 games. The losses were squarely on the Defense and Geoff Collins.

The defense played pretty well against Bama. Enough for us to win. We held them 11 points below their average. We just didn't make the plays. It happens.

blacklistedbully
07-28-2015, 12:56 PM
Bama did some good things to put them in position to beat us with our mistakes. They did a great job stopping Dak's running, and they caused INT's. Granted, we got screwed on the Bama TD call, but even that was probably a TD that was a blown call initially. Yes, the rules should have given us the ball, but it would not have been reflective of what almost assuredly happened on the field.

We also appear to have been screwed on what looked like PI on Bama's DB, Cyrus "whats-his-name" on that jump pass to the end-zone.

Still, even with Bama's inspired play in the first half, and the blown calls, had we not self-destructed a couple of times we likely would have won. But we did self-destruct, and that's part of the game.

The thing that annoys me is the morons who continue to claim Bama beat our ass badly, and they, "just took their foot off the gas" in the 2nd half. They like to claim Bama owned us and we were never really, "in-the-game". That's a crock. I, too, think Danielson is a complete POS, tending to be excessively biased toward one team over another, and often being completely wrong about a play, yet talking incessantly about the play and how, "right" he is.

Coach34
07-28-2015, 01:03 PM

Yeah but I'd blame Malone more there as we had 1st and goal at the 1 and he jumped to push us back to the 6

Ifyouonlyknew
07-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Yeah but I'd blame Malone more there as we had 1st and goal at the 1 and he jumped to push us back to the 6

That's true but we had the perfect play called for the situation & Dak threw it out of the endzone when Malcolm was by himself in the corner.