PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Uni Concepts

ChillbillyRock
07-27-2015, 07:32 PM
using a Nike Oregon pic, I created some ideas for this years uniforms. Subtle changes are: switching the color of the odd MState Pants' Logo from maroon to silver (so its there, but faint), Giving jersey/numbers a hi-contrast, & for The Lord's Sake--WHITE Numerals on the Black Uni (or we will, in fact, Lose that particular game).
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/53/09/3b5309a20b83591e7fd4db7f8035ccc9.jpg

BeardoMSU
07-27-2015, 07:39 PM
Strong, dude. Those look badass.

Make the face-masks white for the maroon and white jerseys, and they'd be perfect.

ChillbillyRock
07-27-2015, 07:47 PM
Strong, dude. Those look badass.

Make the face-masks white for the maroon and white jerseys, and they'd be perfect.
It is white actually....just a lot of shading I couldn't get around. White face masks on maroon helmets and maroon face mask on black helmet

confucius say
07-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Silver one would be awesome

missouridawg
07-27-2015, 07:51 PM
I think we are dropping the pants logo altogether this year.

BeardoMSU
07-27-2015, 07:52 PM
It is white actually....just a lot of shading I couldn't get around. White face masks on maroon helmets and maroon face mask on black helmet

Ah, cool. I do like the maroon on black, tho.

Joe Schmedlap
07-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Looks nice. I'm not a fan of any alternate black or silver uniforms though.
Alternate uniform colors would require a new cheer:
Maron! Whit!
Maron! Whit!
Sliver! Back!
Sliver! Back!

mcain31
07-27-2015, 09:43 PM
Chilly Billy, do you have any new helmet concepts?

shrimp
07-27-2015, 09:44 PM
Like the gray/silver jersey a lot.

Todd4State
07-27-2015, 10:00 PM
Looks great! I would like to see the maroon jersey with silver pants and the maroon helmet with a gray face mask.

ChillbillyRock
07-27-2015, 10:57 PM
Looks great! I would like to see the maroon jersey with silver pants and the maroon helmet with a gray face mask.
Ha! Me too Todd. That's my favorite combination of everything. Well done.

BossDawg
07-28-2015, 01:45 AM
I think an all silver uni with a maroon helmet and maroon #s would be pretty cool.

scottycameron
07-28-2015, 07:56 AM
I think an all silver uni with a maroon helmet and maroon #s would be pretty cool.

WTF would we wear silver and black? What's wrong with you people?

somebodyshotmypaw
07-28-2015, 08:01 AM

Recruiting and marketing. There is your answer.

Oregon built a power by doing things differently than Bama, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas, USC, etc.

Under Armour built a power by doing things differently than Nike, Reebok, Adidas.

Apple built a power by doing things differently than Blackberry, Nokia, etc.

Sometimes you must think outside the box. Recruits love the cool stuff.

scottycameron
07-28-2015, 08:02 AM

it would look like the tin man from the wizard of oz. Y'all need to use this creative energy for homework or something, please stop with the uniforms.

We're not beating Alabama or winning the west wearing some cheese. And we're definitely not getting any respect (which is what we're all complaining about this pre season, right?) wearing bush league, new to the party, arena league unis.

pscf3
07-28-2015, 09:05 AM

Why would we? Unfortunately, it's more like why will we, my friend:

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/2015/06/black-jerseys-officially-coming-in-2015.html

MSUDawg99
07-28-2015, 09:12 AM
Looks nice. I'm not a fan of any alternate black or silver uniforms though.
Alternate uniform colors would require a new cheer:
Maron! Whit!
Maron! Whit!
Sliver! Back!
Sliver! Back!

What???

FlabLoser
07-28-2015, 09:15 AM
Love the silver with the white letters outlined in Maroon.

Also like what we wore in the 80s sometimes with silver pants and either a maroon or white shirt. Stricklin has commented that he liked that too and I think Stirck has had us in gray pants at least once recently....can't recall exactly when.

scottycameron
07-28-2015, 09:35 AM

Also like what we wore in the 80s sometimes with silver pants and either a maroon or white shirt. Stricklin has commented that he liked that too and I think Stirck has had us in gray pants at least once recently....can't recall exactly when.

grey pants, seriously? Like the confederates up north? The Raiders? We're Maroon and White.

Thick
07-28-2015, 10:03 AM
Just get the M State off of pants!!! Love the jerseys!

BulldogBear
07-28-2015, 10:04 AM
We're wearing a tripod uni this year not a silver one. I do the gray looks cool but I don't see wearing it unless part of a road uni. Wear maroon at home.

ETA: Striped uni. Striped. Autowrong strikes again.

MSUDawg4Life
07-28-2015, 10:04 AM

Agreed.

ChillbillyRock
07-28-2015, 10:11 AM
it would look like the tin man from the wizard of oz. Y'all need to use this creative energy for homework or something, please stop with the uniforms.

We're not beating Alabama or winning the west wearing some cheese. And we're definitely not getting any respect (which is what we're all complaining about this pre season, right?) wearing bush league, new to the party, arena league unis.

I'd rather us look like the Tin Man than look like what Adidas did to Nebraska's new special uniform (that you probably haven't seen), which is what sparked my interest to do a few subtle mock-ups. I heard black unis are gonna happen again this year (not 100% on that info) so I wanted to put my opinion out there; It's worked for me so far. Ha, and the only "homework" I've got, as a 38 yr old Designer, is keeping current and doing my best to assist my Beloved Bulldogs in doing the same. Being current and being gaudy doesn't have to mean the same thing (a mistake often made by Adidas). I believe my concepts are anything BUT "bush league". There's NOBODY in this world (including you) that doesn't want State to be a punchline THAN ME. Besides, Don't you remember, as a player, the feeling you had when your squad got fresh new uniforms? There's something to "Look Sharp-Feel Sharp-Play Sharp". Anyway, I'm stoked to have an administration that actually puts emphasis on this type of stuff. It's a Keep-Up or Shut Up world out there and for soooo many years we didn't keep up. And if you recall, we didn't strike the interest of many many top recruits (even in-state boys). Why? Because we didn't have that "IT" factor. Now we put importance on being 1st in things (1st school or franchise to #hashtag an end zone, 1st NCAA school in nation to have team emojis for smart phones, etc…). Our Marketing team is ON POINT. Branding and becoming recognizable IS important. Pair that up with a Winning Institution & you've got something real special. Yes, we are Maroon & White (can't argue that) but look closer. We also have a couple of silvers (Pantone 428 C and PMS Cool Grey 9) and Black incorporated in our Official School Colors & Logo Marks. Well, sorry for the rant. It just irks me when a "supposed-to-be-supporter" close-mindedly bashes the efforts of Actual supporters in trying to make OUR university the absolute BEST in the nation. Seems counter-productive to me. So sit back in your favorite recliner, try and stay cool in this heat, & embrace with maroon love the exciting entertainment that MSU Football 2015 will provide for you & your family. I suspect it will be anything BUT "Bush League Cheese".

cbrunt29
07-28-2015, 10:16 AM
I've come to hate uniform threads because I'm always reminded that our colors are maroon and white. Like, seriously I didn't know those are our colors***. Some of you need to lighten up a little bit

cbrunt29
07-28-2015, 10:17 AM
Agree

ChillbillyRock
07-28-2015, 10:18 AM

Twice, I think. Once in reg season (South Alabama maybe?) and Against Northwestern in Bowl game

ChillbillyRock
07-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Agreed.

Agreed.

ChillbillyRock
07-28-2015, 10:19 AM
grey pants, seriously? Like the confederates up north? The Raiders? We're Maroon and White.

No sir……….SILVER!!

Bullmutt
07-28-2015, 10:53 AM
It would suit the hell out of me if we went silver and ditched the white altogether. It seems the majority of schools in America adopt team colors of something and white. WTH's so special about white?!! It probably made its way into the formula very early on in athletics because it was economically more expedient to use just one true color on a white background. Those days have long since gone. I've always thought maroon is our true color. The white's just meh. Any other neutral does just as well or better.

CadaverDawg
07-28-2015, 11:14 AM
using a Nike Oregon pic, I created some ideas for this years uniforms. Subtle changes are: switching the color of the odd MState Pants' Logo from maroon to silver (so its there, but faint), Giving jersey/numbers a hi-contrast, & for The Lord's Sake--WHITE Numerals on the Black Uni (or we will, in fact, Lose that particular game).
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3b/53/09/3b5309a20b83591e7fd4db7f8035ccc9.jpg

That silver jersey is the absolute shit. I've been wanting one for years, and it's incredible.

scottycameron
07-28-2015, 11:20 AM
That silver jersey is the absolute shit. I've been wanting one for years, and it's incredible.

I give up. I guess it's the main difference between us and bama. The USM game should feature a couple of snazzy outfits. I wonder how many people watching will know who's playing?

MSUDawg99
07-28-2015, 11:22 AM
I'd rather us look like the Tin Man than look like what Adidas did to Nebraska's new special uniform (that you probably haven't seen), which is what sparked my interest to do a few subtle mock-ups. I heard black unis are gonna happen again this year (not 100% on that info) so I wanted to put my opinion out there; It's worked for me so far. Ha, and the only "homework" I've got, as a 38 yr old Designer, is keeping current and doing my best to assist my Beloved Bulldogs in doing the same. Being current and being gaudy doesn't have to mean the same thing (a mistake often made by Adidas). I believe my concepts are anything BUT "bush league". There's NOBODY in this world (including you) that doesn't want State to be a punchline THAN ME. Besides, Don't you remember, as a player, the feeling you had when your squad got fresh new uniforms? There's something to "Look Sharp-Feel Sharp-Play Sharp". Anyway, I'm stoked to have an administration that actually puts emphasis on this type of stuff. It's a Keep-Up or Shut Up world out there and for soooo many years we didn't keep up. And if you recall, we didn't strike the interest of many many top recruits (even in-state boys). Why? Because we didn't have that "IT" factor. Now we put importance on being 1st in things (1st school or franchise to #hashtag an end zone, 1st NCAA school in nation to have team emojis for smart phones, etc…). Our Marketing team is ON POINT. Branding and becoming recognizable IS important. Pair that up with a Winning Institution & you've got something real special. Yes, we are Maroon & White (can't argue that) but look closer. We also have a couple of silvers (Pantone 428 C and PMS Cool Grey 9) and Black incorporated in our Official School Colors & Logo Marks. Well, sorry for the rant. It just irks me when a "supposed-to-be-supporter" close-mindedly bashes the efforts of Actual supporters in trying to make OUR university the absolute BEST in the nation. Seems counter-productive to me. So sit back in your favorite recliner, try and stay cool in this heat, & embrace with maroon love the exciting entertainment that MSU Football 2015 will provide for you & your family. I suspect it will be anything BUT "Bush League Cheese".

I've thoroughly appreciated the effort you've put in to help with design concepts. I know that you do graphic design for a living. I can imagine you do fantastic work. Congrats on your helmet design being chosen for one/some of our games in the past. You do great work. Keep it up.

MSUDawg99
07-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Agreed.

Agreed

FlabLoser
07-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Agreed

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ogwtVdHQJg4/UB5s8WoZXKI/AAAAAAAACG0/hRqV9X4hnAo/s320/star-trek-nodding.gif

bulldawg28
07-28-2015, 11:50 AM
Nice work I love them all.

BulldogBear
07-28-2015, 01:05 PM
Twice, I think. Once in reg season (South Alabama maybe?) and Against Northwestern in Bowl game

1986 and 87

Rocky's first two seasons. Loved the silver with the white jersey

CadaverDawg
07-28-2015, 02:49 PM
I give up. I guess it's the main difference between us and bama. The USM game should feature a couple of snazzy outfits. I wonder how many people watching will know who's playing?

The main difference btwn us and Bama is they have a historical uniform bc A) They've never changed it, and B) They've won tons of Titles in them. We have neither, so why not be fun and fresh to help appeal to kids, recruits, and future generations? You and I don't have to be drawn in, we're already in.

Do you have a problem with a gray T-Shirt that has MSU in maroon letters on it? I mean, how will anyone know what kind of shirt it is without it being maroon or white? How about the same way people will know on TV...bc there's the word MSU or "Mississippi State" on it. If you're a football fan, are you really going to turn on a game, not know who a team is based on their uni, and NOT check the score where it says "Mississippi State 42 Northern Miss 3"? No. Every play of a game in 2015 will have a scoreboard on the screen during it.

So why is "our colors are maroon and white" such a big deal? School uniforms are navy and white, and kids hate them. Kids want "different" or "unique", not old and stale. Bama gets away with it bc they win and win BIG.

Just my opinion

pscf3
07-28-2015, 02:55 PM
1986 and 87

Rocky's first two seasons. Loved the silver with the white jersey

Actually they were worn on the road from 1986 all the way through 1990.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/quarterback-tony-shell-of-the-mississippi-state-bulldogs-news-photo/1784245

BossDawg
07-28-2015, 03:12 PM
I've come to hate uniform threads because I'm always reminded that our colors are maroon and white. Like, seriously I didn't know those are our colors***. Some of you need to lighten up a little bit

It's evidently a serious bidness to some. "Ahr colors ahr MARON and WHIT, gawlldernutt!!!1!"

BulldogBear
07-28-2015, 03:23 PM
The main difference btwn us and Bama is they have a historical uniform bc A) They've never changed it, and B) They've won tons of Titles in them. We have neither, so why not be fun and fresh to help appeal to kids, recruits, and future generations? You and I don't have to be drawn in, we're already in.

Do you have a problem with a gray T-Shirt that has MSU in maroon letters on it? I mean, how will anyone know what kind of shirt it is without it being maroon or white? How about the same way people will know on TV...bc there's the word MSU or "Mississippi State" on it. If you're a football fan, are you really going to turn on a game, not know who a team is based on their uni, and NOT check the score where it says "Mississippi State 42 Northern Miss 3"? No. Every play of a game in 2015 will have a scoreboard on the screen during it.

So why is "our colors are maroon and white" such a big deal? School uniforms are navy and white, and kids hate them. Kids want "different" or "unique", not old and stale. Bama gets away with it bc they win and win BIG.

Just my opinion

I tend to gravitate to keeping it maroon and white with a little trim in neutral colors, etc. I don't care for black but probably for superstitious reasons. I like silver as a neutral for us but not sure I'd wanna wear a silver jersey unless as a road to one to contrast to a darker home color uni opponent.

With all that said, neutral color that used to be in high use but not in decades is... khaki or taupe. Not sure I'd wanna see a jersey or helmet but the Maroon (with white trim) logo looks just as good against earthtones as it does against gray.

Jack Lambert
07-28-2015, 03:57 PM
Chilly Billy, do you have any new helmet concepts?

I feel we should make LSU where Purple when they come to Starkville.

BulldogBear
07-28-2015, 04:21 PM
I feel we should make LSU where Purple when they come to Starkville.

Yes! For many reasons.