PDA

View Full Version : Leading Rusher in 2015?

Coach34
07-27-2015, 10:29 AM
Carries? Prescott

Yardage? Prescott

Rushing TD's? Shump

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2015, 10:39 AM
Carries - Dak

Yards - Dak

TD's - Dak

RBritt
07-27-2015, 11:02 AM
I second that. Dak Dak Dak. Hope he gets healed up after the Kentucky game for the final stretch run.

Leroy Jenkins
07-27-2015, 11:14 AM
I think TDs are Dak because that's what we do inside the 5.
Carries are Dak as well, because reps will be split among the other backs.
Yards would be Shump, but its Dak here again because of the scramble yardage

MSUDawg4Life
07-27-2015, 11:17 AM
Carries - Dak

Yards - Dak

TD's - Dak

By default because the rest of the carries are going to spread between four or more RBs.

I agree though.

Johnson85
07-27-2015, 11:57 AM
Carries? Prescott

Yardage? Prescott

Rushing TD's? Shump

Probably need to do this excluding Dak.

I wouldn't have guessed Shump would have more TD's than Dak. I would hope we try to use Shump a lot in goal line situations to spare hits on Dak, but in pretty much every conference game, I would think Dak is going to get those carries and the TD's.

cheewgumm
07-27-2015, 12:22 PM
Carries - Dak

Yards - Dak

TD's - Dak

Excluding Dak:
Carries - LEE

Yards - LEE

TD's - LEE

Ifyouonlyknew
07-27-2015, 12:31 PM
Carries - Dak

Yards - Dak

TD's - Dak

Excluding Dak:
Carries - LEE

Yards - LEE

TD's - LEE

Excluding Dak

Shump

Shump

Shump

DudyDawg
07-27-2015, 01:03 PM
Excluding Dak I say

Carries: too close to matter

Yards: Lee

TDs: Shump

mic
07-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Excluding Dak

Shump

Shump

Shump

I agree .. Not saying Lee and Aries won't be very good , but a lot of our fans and esp the media honks just aren't aware of how good Shump is going to be this year and next ...

Johnson85
07-27-2015, 02:45 PM
I agree .. Not saying Lee and Aries won't be very good , but a lot of our fans and esp the media honks just aren't aware of how good Shump is going to be this year and next ...

I think people just over value the home run threat at RB. Normally I would agree with them, but Dak is always a threat with his legs and we should get plenty of explosiveness with our passing game. Having a RB that gets downhill quickly and hits hard is not a pretty good fit for us right now, even if it means giving up some homerun ability. And that's ignoring his blocking ability and general understanding of the playbook.

JDog13
07-27-2015, 02:49 PM
Holloway. All 3 categories. Short yardage back also. You just wait.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
07-27-2015, 02:57 PM
Holloway. All 3 categories. Short yardage back also. You just wait.

If that's the case, then 6-6 here we come.

Coach34
07-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Shump doesnt find the holes naturally- Lee and Williams do. Shump will play alot but the other two will get more and more time as the season plays out imo

Boodawg
07-27-2015, 03:18 PM

+1.

I'd love to be wrong, but when he gets touched he falls down. He can't break a tackle. I don't see him being used a ton, but I said that about Ladarius as well, and he got the bulk of the carries.

GreenheadDawg
07-27-2015, 03:18 PM

Haha, 6-6 will be a miracle if Holloway is our best back. A stiff wind knocks him off his feet

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2015, 03:30 PM
I'm going to eliminate Dak from my answers and try to guess RBs. We all know Dak is probably going to be tops in most of the rushing categories and it's way too easy an answer. Guessing RBs is way more fun. With that in mind......

Carries: D-Lee

Yards: D-Lee

TDs: Shump

Madisonmd
07-27-2015, 04:17 PM
Dak in all categories, if Shumpert leads us we are in trouble

Johnson85
07-27-2015, 04:21 PM

I'd say if shumpert leads us and it's not because of a Dak injury, that's much more likely to indicate we're doing very well than to indicate we are in trouble.

JDog13
07-27-2015, 05:36 PM

Shump got yards in th EB when no one else could. I think he'll be good.

Coach34
07-27-2015, 05:46 PM
Shump got yards in th EB when no one else could. I think he'll be good.

Shump averaged 6 ypc in the EB. He will be fine at RB. I just expect a 3-headed RB this yr. Lee and Williams will do the things necessary to get on the field. Mic saw those 2 out practicing by themselves on a Sunday on the practice field. Those guys "get it" and want to play.

DancingRabbit
07-28-2015, 06:29 PM
Shump doesnt find the holes naturally- Lee and Williams do. Shump will play alot but the other two will get more and more time as the season plays out imo

Lee's instincts looked really good in the spring game and I noticed he came in 5th in the Iron Dawg flying 20, so he's got some wheels.

Are the weights, heights for the RBs accurate on the HailState roster?

Shump - 6-2 218
Lee - 6-1 227
Williams - 6-1 205

I figured Shump was heavier until I saw the roster.

Dawgcentral
07-28-2015, 06:53 PM
I think Shump gets the carries on serious possession plays, and gets more TDs than Lee. But I think Lee becomes the workhorse back in the 2nd half of the season, with Williams taking on a slasher role.

Dak will run to keep the D guessing. Sure he'll get many 3rd and short situations, but inside the redone he's got some targets. If they load up front he'll make them pay.

Dawgcentral
07-28-2015, 06:54 PM
I think Shump gets the carries on serious possession plays, and gets more TDs than Lee. But I think Lee becomes the workhorse back in the 2nd half of the season, with Williams taking on a slasher role.

Dak will run to keep the D guessing. Sure he'll get many 3rd and short situations, but inside the redzone he's got some targets. If they load up front he'll make them pay.