PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas/Bielema are ramping up the press big time

1bigdawg
07-26-2015, 06:03 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/25248768/unique-animals-razorbacks-gaining-mental-physical-edges-under-bielema

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2015-07-26/bret-bielema-cooks-eggs-bacon-for-wife-jen-arkansas-razorbacks-coach

TUSK
07-26-2015, 06:28 PM
I've a feeling both Arkie and UT will be vastly improved this year...

Covercorner2
07-26-2015, 06:46 PM
They (Arkansas) bring back a lot of players on offense, sure. But, it's not like that offense set the world on fire (8th in yards, 7th in PPG), and they aren't adding a game changer. They also lost their best players on defense who happened to play on the front 7, and there isn't star power replacing them. They don't have ONE player on any preseason media All- SEC defensive team. Yea, they may be "improved" and will probably be in every game, especially with the way they play, but I just don't get all the hype.

Not to mention no one is going to overlook them this year.

Coach34
07-26-2015, 06:49 PM
I think UT will be improved- UPig has some badasses to replace on D. I certainly think they will be solid though without a doubt.

1bigdawg
07-26-2015, 06:53 PM
This is clearly a press push for them. If wonder if they think it will help the recruit or what other reason they may have.

Leroy Jenkins
07-26-2015, 06:55 PM
Im bearish on Arky. Every defender's name you heard called last year is gone, Trey Flowers, Martrell Spaight, Tevin Mitchel and Darius Philon. That D was salty the last month of the season, not sure they can replicate that.

Leroy Jenkins
07-26-2015, 07:04 PM
UT has the benefit of the SEC-E being down"ish". They have much more room for error than Arkansas.

mic
07-26-2015, 07:07 PM
Randy Shannon to UF .... That is also a HUGE loss on defense for them..

He will have a ton of say so with that defense in Gainsville.. Geoff won't be running that show by himself that's for sure...

TUSK
07-26-2015, 07:09 PM
I just see a lot of RTGDB in their future... and I like that...

Plus, their attitude has had to change a good bit...

On the other side of the coin, their schedule is a beast:
Road Games: A&M (Dallas), UT, Bama, Mississippi and LSU
Home Games: Auburn, MSU and Mizzo

yikes.

Coach34
07-26-2015, 07:13 PM
I just see a lot of RTGDB in their future... and I like that...

Plus, their attitude has had to change a good bit...

On the other side of the coin, their schedule is a beast:
Road Games: A&M (Dallas), UT, Bama, Mississippi and LSU
Home Games: Auburn, MSU and Mizzo

yikes.

eggszactly. They can be improved and still finish 2-6 in the SEC

HSVDawg
07-26-2015, 07:33 PM
Any team in this division who trots out a starting QB with a 52% career completion percentage in 24 starts has a ceiling of about 8-4. Arkansas will be solid but all the hype they are getting with these preseason top 10 and what not is hogwash (no pun intended).

Fred Garvin
07-26-2015, 07:44 PM
That TE that tore us a new a**hole last year will be back as well.

Coach34
07-26-2015, 08:03 PM
That TE that tore us a new a**hole last year will be back as well.

Their TE is good- but he will always be their best target because of their ragarm QB

klong-dog
07-26-2015, 08:35 PM
THey have 2 or 3 studs at TE but their weakness is at wideout. They lost their top 3 or 4 D players too.

5 Star
07-26-2015, 08:46 PM
Their quarterback will be good, mainly due to being a veteran 5th year senior. It's amazing how many of you cannot think into the future, you demean the guy based on his passed, but give no benefit of the doubt for the future. You have to have been around sports to truly understand this.

I agree that they will be around 8-4 max, but that will be BECAUSE of the quarterback, not in spite of him. Schedule is too hard and they don't have the horses to do much better.

Maroonthirteen
07-26-2015, 09:17 PM
Looking at their schedule and what they return...

I'm going with 10-2 tops but probably 9-3. They are tough at home and can sweep this year. They'll lose at Tuscaloosa and maybe LSU and UT. I think they have the potential to split or win both. UT....I'm not sold. LSU...well there is the Lester factor and Ark usually gets up for that game.

TUSK
07-26-2015, 09:18 PM
Their quarterback will be good, mainly due to being a veteran 5th year senior. It's amazing how many of you cannot think into the future, you demean the guy based on his passed, but give no benefit of the doubt for the future. You have to have been around sports to truly understand this.

I agree that they will be around 8-4 max, but that will be BECAUSE of the quarterback, not in spite of him. Schedule is too hard and they don't have the horses to do much better.

he improved a bunch from his 1st and 2nd years, for sure... I'm sweatin' em, 5 star...

DancingRabbit
07-26-2015, 09:21 PM
I heard some Arkansas radio sports guy as a guest on Memphis radio a week ago. He was saying the fanbase is hyped and a lot will be pissed if they don't have 9 regular season wins.

Well, get ready to be pissed. I'll say 8-4 max and more likely 7-5.

Coach34
07-26-2015, 09:27 PM
I'm 46 and I can still throw it as well as their QB. Just because he starts doesnt make him good

messageboardsuperhero
07-26-2015, 09:46 PM
I heard some Arkansas radio sports guy as a guest on Memphis radio a week ago. He was saying the fanbase is hyped and a lot will be pissed if they don't have 9 regular season wins.

Well, get ready to be pissed. I'll say 8-4 max and more likely 7-5.

I have long thought that Arkansas has some of the craziest fans in the SEC. Now those thoughts are confirmed.

TUSK
07-26-2015, 10:40 PM
I'm 46 and I can still throw it as well as their QB. Just because he starts doesnt make him good

if this is the case, they will get beaten by 20-30 in TTown...

you got my interest, coach... gonna watch the film....

dotcomdawg
07-26-2015, 10:41 PM
I'm not buying the "Arkansas is better this year" rap. I think they're about the same. Tennessee, however, will be better.

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2015, 11:05 PM
eggszactly. They can be improved and still finish 2-6 in the SEC

For the 857,932 time: I see UPig as being in the same position we were in 2010-2013. Good enough to bowl, solid nationally, maybe a top 15 type program. But that means they'll finish 7-5, 8-4. The gap from being a solid middle of the pack SECW team to being a legit SECW division contender is HUGE. All the hype about them being a West contender is going to get a hard slap in the face from reality this fall.

Coach007
07-26-2015, 11:39 PM
For the 857,932 time: I see UPig as being in the same position we were in 2010-2013. Good enough to bowl, solid nationally, maybe a top 15 type program. But that means they'll finish 7-5, 8-4. The gap from being a solid middle of the pack SECW team to being a legit SECW division contender is HUGE. All the hype about them being a West contender is going to get a hard slap in the face from reality this fall.

I am just going to point out the areas that people are over looking. Let's talk about the OL.... I don't care who who are. That is one of the tops OL units in the country. Those kids are huge and strong. They are going to push on a dl all day. When you have that talented of an OL, a qb improves from year to year. Ask our former Qbs. Tyler Russel... Dak.

Their defense will not take a hit. It's much the same as saying our defense will be horrible because we lost so much. They had a huge rotation.

Bottom line, the Sec west got tougher this year.

War Machine Dawg
07-27-2015, 12:31 AM
I am just going to point out the areas that people are over looking. Let's talk about the OL.... I don't care who who are. That is one of the tops OL units in the country. Those kids are huge and strong. They are going to push on a dl all day. When you have that talented of an OL, a qb improves from year to year. Ask our former Qbs. Tyler Russel... Dak.

Their defense will not take a hit. It's much the same as saying our defense will be horrible because we lost so much. They had a huge rotation.

Bottom line, the Sec west got tougher this year.

Uhhhh.....perhaps you missed the part where I said they're likely a top 15 type team. Hell, if you asked me right now, I'd probably say they beat us in Fayettenam in the annual "let down" game since it's back to being sandwiched between Bammer and Northern Miss. But anyone talking about them as a legitimate threat to win the SECW needs to slow their roll. We've seen first hand how huge the gap is between being a top 15, tough to beat, annual bowl team and being a team truly capable of winning the West. UPig is in the same spot. I think Bielema was an inspired hire and he'll continue to improve that program, but I'd bet everything I own UPig doesn't win the West this year. I'd say they're much more likely to finish 4th or 5th. Maybe 3rd if EVERYTHING goes their way.