07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
He and Brown would be a sick WR tandem.

Is he ours?

archdog
07-25-2015, 06:24 PM
Yep.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-25-2015, 06:33 PM
I hope so. He was a man at Big Dawg & Billy G & Mullen was all over him. You get Crowell, AJ Brown, Marquis McClain we've hit a HR.

KB21
07-25-2015, 06:37 PM
Based on a comment I saw on twitter the other day, Crowell must be tired of constantly hearing about how DK Metcalf is the top receiver in the State.

WinningIsRelentless
07-25-2015, 06:41 PM
I fear for his soul!!!!!

Todd4State
07-25-2015, 06:49 PM
Based on a comment I saw on twitter the other day, Crowell must be tired of constantly hearing about how DK Metcalf is the top receiver in the State.

That was an epic fail of tweeting on that Ole Miss fans part.

KB21
07-25-2015, 06:51 PM
That was an epic fail of tweeting on that Ole Miss fans part.

Shows how someone's comments can actually hurt your program, IMO.

BurgDawg
07-25-2015, 07:11 PM
McClain just committed to AU

msstate7
07-25-2015, 07:13 PM

McClain?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-25-2015, 07:29 PM

Yea I saw that. That 1 was a surprise he's a very good player.

blacklistedbully
07-25-2015, 07:42 PM
Yea I saw that. That 1 was a surprise he's a very good player.

Never be $urpri$ed when AU pulls a recruit they $houldn't. Not saying McClain was bought, just that we should never be surprised when it comes to Auburn.

RDawg90
07-25-2015, 08:49 PM
Crowell and Brown would be a very very good haul. Couldn't hurt with Davis as well.

TopWaterDog
07-25-2015, 08:53 PM
Come on down!

Todd4State
07-25-2015, 09:10 PM
McClain is from Alabama I believe so I could see why he would commit to Auburn from that standpoint.

If we landed AJ Brown, Daniel Crowell, Jeriko Morris, Nero Nelson, and Corey Charles- that's a HECK of a group of WR's right there.

shoeless joe
07-25-2015, 09:24 PM
I doubt we get brown

RDawg90
07-25-2015, 09:25 PM
I doubt we get brown

That would be an inexcusable disaster…. No excuse for that.

TUSK
07-25-2015, 09:29 PM
McClain is from Alabama I believe so I could see why he would commit to Auburn from that standpoint.

If we landed AJ Brown, Daniel Crowell, Jeriko Morris, Nero Nelson, and Corey Charles- that's a HECK of a group of WR's right there.

Todd, you got the skinny on AJ? He claims Bammer is "recruiting him hardest".... is this bc MSU has him "locked up" and doesn't need to press?

Coach34
07-25-2015, 09:39 PM
That would be an inexcusable disaster…. No excuse for that.

And why is that dumbshit? Fla, Georgia, LSU, and others lose recruits out of their backyard all the time. We are in great shape with Brown- but sometimes kids want to get away from home and there is nothing you can do about it

Coach34
07-25-2015, 09:40 PM
Todd, you got the skinny on AJ? He claims Bammer is "recruiting him hardest".... is this bc MSU has him "locked up" and doesn't need to press?

He loves State- but he wants to be recruited and enjoy the process. Bama is enticing because they are still close and a top program

Ifyouonlyknew
07-25-2015, 09:40 PM

McClain is from Florida.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-25-2015, 09:41 PM
I doubt we get brown

Any reason why you say that?

maroonmania
07-25-2015, 09:43 PM
I doubt we get brown

Be gone with your negativity. I seen it dawg has spoken.

RDawg90
07-25-2015, 09:52 PM
And why is that dumbshit? Fla, Georgia, LSU, and others lose recruits out of their backyard all the time. We are in great shape with Brown- but sometimes kids want to get away from home and there is nothing you can do about it

Florida, Georgia, and LSU can go anywhere in the country and be in play for 5 star kids, we do not and won't ever have that luxury. We are not in a position as a program to be losing kids that literally can bike to our campus, especially to a program like Alabama that is already a good bit ahead of us. If you want to compete for championships year in and year out at Mississippi State, you can not lose a kid from Starkville. No ifs ands or buts about it.

And for the record, I still think we will sign Brown.

Tripp McNeely
07-25-2015, 09:57 PM
AJs going to State. Let him have his fun

TUSK
07-25-2015, 10:00 PM
Florida, Georgia, and LSU can go anywhere in the country and be in play for 5 star kids, we do not and won't ever have that luxury. We are not in a position as a program to be losing kids that literally can bike to our campus, especially to a program like Alabama that is already a good bit ahead of us. If you want to compete for championships year in and year out at Mississippi State, you can not lose a kid from Starkville. No ifs ands or buts about it.

That's a decent point... I know I would mini-stroke out if a TTown kid made it bigtime elsewhere...

MetEdDawg
07-25-2015, 10:03 PM
That's a decent point... I know I would mini-stroke out if a TTown kid made it bigtime elsewhere...

We've taken a few guys from Tuscaloosa that turned into decent players, but none ever really highly recruited or really big time in college. Titus Brown and Malcolm Johnson are the two that come to mind. Solid players for us and Malcolm is even making a name for himself in Cleveland.

shoeless joe
07-25-2015, 10:17 PM
Any reason why you say that?

Just based on the latest info I've heard. I'm not a recruiting guy and I typically don't get all wrapped up in it, so take it for what it's worth.

HSVDawg
07-25-2015, 10:18 PM

On the surface, I agree with most of your comments. But one important thing is that, to some kids, them being able to bike to your campus is as big of a detriment as if they lived in Europe. Tell me you didn't go to high school with kids who couldn't wait to go to college as far away from your honetown as possible. Then in 2 years, some of them come back and transfer to the local community college or university. Some of them don't. AJ Brown may fit into this category and maybe he doesn't. But if he does, we never had a chance from the get go. But you can't blsme it on the coaches and call ir inexcusable if we don't get him.

RDawg90
07-25-2015, 10:19 PM
We've taken a few guys from Tuscaloosa that turned into decent players, but none ever really highly recruited or really big time in college. Titus Brown and Malcolm Johnson are the two that come to mind. Solid players for us and Malcolm is even making a name for himself in Cleveland.

Titus Brown, no offense to him and by no fault of his own, was on one winning team in 4 years? Malcolm Johnson had a fairly productive career for us, no way around that, but Brian Vogler and Michael Williams were very very productive players for Alabama around that time. And O.J. Howard, although he hasn't really produced all that much as of yet, is a great TE prospect. So in reality, neither of them were ever on Alabama's radar.

We desperately need A.J. Brown, he could be the best WR in this state… Alabama probably passed on 10-15 kids in Brown and Johnson's classes that were as good as them. Big big difference.

Todd4State
07-25-2015, 10:23 PM
On the surface, I agree with most of your comments. But one important thing is that, to some kids, them being able to bike to your campus is as big of a detriment as if they lived in Europe. Tell me you didn't go to high school with kids who couldn't wait to go to college as far away from your honetown as possible. Then in 2 years, some of them come back and transfer to the local community college or university. Some of them don't. AJ Brown may fit into this category and maybe he doesn't. But if he does, we never had a chance from the get go. But you can't blsme it on the coaches and call ir inexcusable if we don't get him.

If you are from the Golden Triangle and you are a football player, staying in the dorm is still an option. So, if they want to be out of their parents home with their own place, that's still an option for them. It's not like you HAVE to stay at your parents house if you are from Starkville.

Coach34
07-25-2015, 10:24 PM

i know we are going to sign Brown- but if he somehow goes to Bama- there's no shame in that and nothing to blame about it.

Todd4State
07-25-2015, 10:25 PM

I wouldn't say that we have him locked up, but I do think that IMO as of right now he goes to MSU. We'll still have to recruit him- but I have faith that Dan will do what he needs to do.

TUSK
07-25-2015, 10:27 PM

Titus knocked JPWilson's dick in the dirt on the ~105 yard pick six when yall kicked the sh1t outta Bammer in TTown...

for your enjoyment: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iz_rrT3lyE4

TUSK
07-25-2015, 10:29 PM
i know we are going to sign Brown- but if he somehow goes to Bama- there's no shame in that and nothing to blame about it.

does not compute...

Coach34
07-25-2015, 10:31 PM
does not compute...

Nothing is ever 100% in recruiting- that's why I was so slow with Leo Lewis. Staff said it was done since August- just leary in recruiting

Treemydawg
07-25-2015, 10:38 PM
does not compute...
You have mail tusk

Ifyouonlyknew
07-25-2015, 10:56 PM
It's not a given either way on AJ but I wouldn't trade our position with anyone. Yes he likes Bama it's Bama what's not to like but our depth chart & his time frame for making a decision definitely works in MSU favor.

Coach34
07-25-2015, 11:15 PM
Bear moving on will be a big deal for Brown

KB21
07-26-2015, 12:04 AM
Bear moving on will be a big deal for Brown

Fred Ross could very well be an early entrant into the NFL draft as well. AJ would have a great chance of getting immediate playing time.

chainedup_Dawg
07-26-2015, 12:09 AM
If you are from the Golden Triangle and you are a football player, staying in the dorm is still an option. So, if they want to be out of their parents home with their own place, that's still an option for them. It's not like you HAVE to stay at your parents house if you are from Starkville.

I don't think just staying in your parents house is what he is referring to. Where i went to high scholl we had a university rather local. However, it was well known that practically everyone from our high school went there. So much so that we referred to it as the 13th grade. I swore i would never go there and didn't. Sometimes people just want change.

dawgs
07-26-2015, 02:33 AM
If a local kid wants to leave and go to Texas or USC or Oregon, then nothing you can do about that because some kids want to get out of the south or see a different part of the country, but it's inexcusable for a local kid to want to "leave" and go 70 miles down the road. That's just a matter of botching the recruiting.

Jacksondevildog
07-26-2015, 08:24 AM
Per the Spirit: They have higher rated receivers that they are going after and this "wasn't a shock". If they flipped a 2* recruit from Deer Creek Academy from us, they would be going nuts.

Coach34
07-26-2015, 08:48 AM
It "wasn't a shock" because it's been widely known this was coming for awhile

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-26-2015, 08:57 AM
When was the last time he saw us beat bama? I think a victory at home would go a long way to seal the deal. This guy is an elite prospect and we don't need to take him for granted because he is from Starkville. I'm sure our staff is doing everything possible to get him.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-26-2015, 09:01 AM
Crowell is a beast! Is he an outside or slot WR in college?

John Farley
07-26-2015, 09:06 AM
I know for a fact this was not something they wanted or expected. Yancy can win the press conference all he wants with his ignorant self but he knows he is lying

Jacksondevildog
07-26-2015, 09:37 AM
Don't you write for Rebels247?

I know for a fact this was not something they wanted or expected. Yancy can win the press conference all he wants with his ignorant self but he knows he is lying

dawgs
07-26-2015, 10:35 AM

"As far away from your hometown as possible" isn't 70 miles away. When I went to grad school, I went into it to get far away from the south too, I turned down several southern universities, including Bama, because I actually did wanna get away and I knew going a 70 miles away wasn't "getting away". Also, I have never returned except to visit and I never will. Best decision I ever made. So if he really does wanna get away, then really get away, don't go an hour from home and use the get away excuse.

Maroonthirteen
07-26-2015, 11:39 AM
Seriously, are you from the GTR or near by?

I think it is a case of a kid wanting to stay home and checking out all the local schools.

The GTR is basically a Alabama and Mississippi State area. Alabama football is on a couple of radio stations in the area. Columbus cable gets Bham/Tusc news stations. The dispatch and WCBI cover Alabama football as much as MsU and.more than OM. So I am sure Alabama has made a big impression to him over his childhood and he sees them as the other home team. People in Columbus did view Tuscaloosa as some shopping mecca....on and on.

I don't agree that they are a home team even 70-80 miles away. I HATE them. There is only one home team IMO, STATE!!!! But unfortunately, my opinion is of the minority.

With all that said, He would be a much beloved native son at State. Over there.....a name on the depth chart. That is no knock to his ability but the point of view of their fans.

Hail State!
And Buck Fama and their Walmart Dollar General working, jackass Columbus fans.

mic
07-26-2015, 11:57 AM
For the last time.....dont worry about AJ...
I Seen It has already spoken what will be the end result..
Leave the kid alone and let him enjoy the process....

Coach34
07-26-2015, 12:00 PM
Stop the bitching. Kid wants to be recruited and not just commit immediately. Alabama is enticing- they are the nation's top program. We are in great shape. It just has to play out. There's nothing wrong at this point just because he hasn't committed

John Farley
07-26-2015, 12:17 PM
Don't you write for Rebels247?
Not any more. If you want to hear an interesting story I can PM you why

sandwolf
07-26-2015, 12:17 PM
If a local kid wants to leave and go to Texas or USC or Oregon, then nothing you can do about that because some kids want to get out of the south or see a different part of the country, but it's inexcusable for a local kid to want to "leave" and go 70 miles down the road. That's just a matter of botching the recruiting.

This is ridiculous. You don't have to go across the country to "leave." Tuscaloosa may be only 70 miles away, but it is a completely different town with new people and without his family living 2 miles away.....if he decides he wants to get out of Starkville and goes to Bama, it doesn't mean that we botched his recruitment.

Jacksondevildog
07-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Sure.

TUSK
07-26-2015, 12:36 PM
Seriously, are you from the GTR or near by?

I think it is a case of a kid wanting to stay home and checking out all the local schools.

The GTR is basically a Alabama and Mississippi State area. Alabama football is on a couple of radio stations in the area. Columbus cable gets Bham/Tusc news stations. The dispatch and WCBI cover Alabama football as much as MsU and.more than OM. So I am sure Alabama has made a big impression to him over his childhood and he sees them as the other home team. People in Columbus did view Tuscaloosa as some shopping mecca....on and on.

I don't agree that they are a home team even 70-80 miles away. I HATE them. There is only one home team IMO, STATE!!!! But unfortunately, my opinion is of the minority.

With all that said, He would be a much beloved native son at State. Over there.....a name on the depth chart. That is no knock to his ability but the point of view of their fans.

Hail State!
And Buck Fama and their Walmart Dollar General working, jackass Columbus fans.

Solid. Post.

AlSwearengen
07-26-2015, 01:12 PM
Can someone give a rundown of what is going on with the meridian kids? I know we had the two safeties committed to us until Linton decommited, presumably to commit to olemiss until he under impressed and ended up committing to Florida. Crowell was committed to olemiss until he decommited, presumably he ends up with us. Raekwon Davis is committed to bama, but we supposedly have a good shot.

Who am I missing and what the hell is going on with each of them? Who is good friends with who? Seems like musical chairs.

the59dawg
07-26-2015, 02:26 PM

We all would like to see the result of the interesting story! Pls post it.

John Farley
07-26-2015, 03:22 PM
Well it's a long story. I honestly felt like I approached the job with the intention of being totally objective. While I wouldn't deny any kids interest in them, and would even Crystal Ball them to OM when I felt strongly about it, I wouldn't sugar coat anything either. I think we just had different ways of approaching things. It would be difficult for any MSU guy to fit in with that bunch and I think the same could be said in reverse.

One of the few times I kinda felt out of place was at a camp. The topic of Fletcher Adams came up. There was an Ole Miss coach present. Their side was insistent that while Fletcher may not choose OM, he wouldn't choose us either. To which my response was always the same. We will see. When Leo committed to them I knew deep down it was a smoke and mirrors type thing. Even went so far as to say so. Like I said. Difference of how things are viewed.

One of my strengths was always the ability to build a bond with those kids. I think it was because I had one going through the process and I could see it from their side and their parents side better then Joe Blow off the street. I can honestly and truly say that the two fanbases couldn't be more different. Especially where perception is concerned.

There is a little more to it then that but I did enjoy working for that network. Just like I did working for Scout. Similar to State and OM, very different approaches to handling things. At the end of the day a person is either happy with your work or they are not. But I can honestly say if a kid told me something that's what I wrote.

dawgs
07-26-2015, 07:14 PM
This is ridiculous. You don't have to go across the country to "leave." Tuscaloosa may be only 70 miles away, but it is a completely different town with new people and without his family living 2 miles away.....if he decides he wants to get out of Starkville and goes to Bama, it doesn't mean that we botched his recruitment.

How often do other sec schools lose 4-5* recruits from their hometown/within 10 miles of campus that they are actuvely recruiting hard?

TUSK
07-26-2015, 07:34 PM
How often do other sec schools lose 4-5* recruits from their hometown/within 10 miles of campus that they are actuvely recruiting hard?

I can't speak for all of em, but I think Bama has snagged a couple good players from Auburn, AL, lately...

edit: Reuben Foster and Rashaan Evans were both 5*; Auburn

edit 2:and Tim Williams from Baton Rouge and Christian Miller from Columbia, SC...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-26-2015, 07:37 PM

Jeremy liggins comes to mind.

Really Clark?
07-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Ruben Foster and Evens. Both from Auburn, AL. Tim Williams is from Baton Rouge but don't remember his ranking. Alabama picked up a 4 star kid from Talahasse, Fl who went to Florida State University High School. So yeah it's not unreasonable that an elite program can go into another schools town (one who recently won a national title at that) and pick up a player when you are talking about playing for the national title race nearly every year and putting half a dozen or more players in the league every year. Or how about how inside of 60 miles of Tuscaloosa Auburn pulls players all the time in head to head battles. Duke Williams is from LaPlace originally and LSU couldn't get him back home even though it's only 30 or so miles from home. It happens a lot more than people think.

Covercorner2
07-26-2015, 08:38 PM
Ruben Foster and Evens. Both from Auburn, AL. Tim Williams is from Baton Rouge but don't remember his ranking. Alabama picked up a 4 star kid from Talahasse, Fl who went to Florida State University High School. So yeah it's not unreasonable that an elite program can go into another schools town (one who recently won a national title at that) and pick up a player when you are talking about playing for the national title race nearly every year and putting half a dozen or more players in the league every year. Or how about how inside of 60 miles of Tuscaloosa Auburn pulls players all the time in head to head battles. Duke Williams is from LaPlace originally and LSU couldn't get him back home even though it's only 30 or so miles from home. It happens a lot more than people think.

Landon Collins is from Geismar which is 20 miles from Baton Rouge.

War Machine Dawg
07-26-2015, 10:57 PM
Titus Brown, no offense to him and by no fault of his own, was on one winning team in 4 years? Malcolm Johnson had a fairly productive career for us, no way around that, but Brian Vogler and Michael Williams were very very productive players for Alabama around that time. And O.J. Howard, although he hasn't really produced all that much as of yet, is a great TE prospect. So in reality, neither of them were ever on Alabama's radar.

We desperately need A.J. Brown, he could be the best WR in this state? Alabama probably passed on 10-15 kids in Brown and Johnson's classes that were as good as them. Big big difference.

http://i.imgur.com/wzx6J8a.gif
http://i.imgur.com/A5Fts4j.gif
http://i.imgur.com/jO55hf8.jpg

dawgs
07-26-2015, 11:17 PM

Auburn pulls guys from close to tuscaloser because Bama literally picks and chooses which 4-5* guys they want and they can't take them all, so sometimes there's 4* guys from Bama's backyard that they slow play and never give a hard offer to.

As for Reuben foster, didn't he move to or from auburn like right before his senior season under some questionable circumstances?

ZedFedder
07-27-2015, 12:31 AM
Foster was originally from Georgia, and while committed to UA moved to Auburn. He then decommitted, committed to AU, and got an AU tattoo. Closer to the end, while still attending Auburn High, he flipped back to Bama.

dawgs
07-27-2015, 12:46 AM
Foster was originally from Georgia, and while committed to UA moved to Auburn. He then decommitted, committed to AU, and got an AU tattoo. Closer to the end, while still attending Auburn High, he flipped back to Bama.

yeah, so definitely not a guy that grew up in the shadow of jordan-hare.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-27-2015, 08:21 AM
someone pm in regarding to Brown...got a question but need to keep it private

Johnson85
07-27-2015, 09:00 AM
"As far away from your hometown as possible" isn't 70 miles away. When I went to grad school, I went into it to get far away from the south too, I turned down several southern universities, including Bama, because I actually did wanna get away and I knew going a 70 miles away wasn't "getting away". Also, I have never returned except to visit and I never will. Best decision I ever made. So if he really does wanna get away, then really get away, don't go an hour from home and use the get away excuse.

70 miles in another state gets pretty much all the benefit of being 700 miles away, unless you want to get away from your parents and are worried about them being able to drive over easily.

The reality is you can be from Starkville and still get most of the experience of being away at college if you want it. I knew people from starkville that didn't really hang out with other starkville people once they got to campus and didn't spend any more time at home than people that lived an hour away. But they were definitely the minority, so I can see why somebody from Starkville would think that getting an hour away would give them a different experience. And then there is also the issue of people from even 20 minutes away from Starkville can act like idiots in Starkville and short of getting arrested, not have to worry about their parents finding out about it. Not sure if kids from Starkville can do that or not.

mic
07-27-2015, 09:20 AM
it's not even August yet...
Are we going to have to read posts about the AJ recruitment for the next possible 7 months..????
It's not going to be anytime soon on his decision.
I Seen It has already told everyone the outcome..
Everyone just relax, let the kid have his fun and enjoy the process..
And PLEASE don't go full blown retard on Twitter if AJ tweets about Other schools...

Saltydog
07-27-2015, 09:20 AM
nt

Really Clark?
07-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Auburn pulls guys from close to tuscaloser because Bama literally picks and chooses which 4-5* guys they want and they can't take them all, so sometimes there's 4* guys from Bama's backyard that they slow play and never give a hard offer to.

As for Reuben foster, didn't he move to or from auburn like right before his senior season under some questionable circumstances?

They also have definite head to battles every year on kids as well. Don't act like it was only because Bama slowed played them. And you are skipping over the player from Baton Rouge and Evans from Auburn as well. It happens nearly every year or so and both Auburn and Bama get into head to head battles with Georgia kids close to UGA all the time as well.

mic
07-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Only State fans can turn a UMiss decommit thread on a big time player that we will probably get now... Into this..

FlabLoser
07-27-2015, 10:05 AM
it's not even August yet...
Are we going to have to read posts about the AJ recruitment for the next possible 7 months..????
It's not going to be anytime soon on his decision.
I Seen It has already told everyone the outcome..
Everyone just relax, let the kid have his fun and enjoy the process..
And PLEASE don't go full blown retard on Twitter if AJ tweets about Other schools...

http://www.niemanlab.org/images/This.1.jpg