PDA

View Full Version : This is why I dislike Barrett Sallee as a writer

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2013, 09:21 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1701718-arkansas-should-take-former-auburn-rb-michael-dyer-but-wont

This article has nothing to do with MSU, but he just makes statements that are asinine and lack depth of knowledge to make. He says in this article that Arkansas "SHOULD" take Dyer but won't.

Well, how does he know they "SHOULD" take him. Does he know the whole story?

In light of the Aaron Hernandez case, why would a first year coach, that is taking over a horrid team from last season and with little pressure to win right away, take an "at risk" player?

To me Sallee expresses an arrogance in his writing that hasn't been earned. I can think of more reasons that Arkansas shouldn't take a chance on Dyer, than I can think of reason they should.

I know this is off topic, but the guy's writing style and the substance of his writing, is typical of someone that has never played a sport, has no feel for the game, and just looks at things on paper.

Its the same reason he makes dumb statements about Mullen. He just looks things on paper, without any context of the situation. Its obvious that he is a reporter that grew up a big SEC fan, but was never able to grasp any feel or understanding of the sport.

Pollodawg
07-12-2013, 09:31 AM
Hasn't Dyer pretty much been a problem everywhere he's been?

Drugdog
07-12-2013, 09:39 AM
Do yourself a favor and don't read BR.