PDA

View Full Version : How many of you are getting baseball tickets?

5 Star
07-25-2015, 09:55 AM
I'm a previous lifer. Please make me feel better for writing a check for $600 by next week. I know some of you are doing it because they are selling about 100 a day now.

dawgoneyall
07-25-2015, 10:01 AM
Here.

Never considered otherwise.

Aces High
07-25-2015, 10:03 AM
I am buying. They are replacing the lifers that are complaining 2 for 1.

$600 is about as cheap as you can ask for to improve our program. I personally think they should be charging triple that. The program is bigger than any fan and we need a new stadium. Dnf is a dump. This is from a family of lifers who are all MORE than happy to give up our seats for a new stadium.

5 Star
07-25-2015, 10:09 AM
I am buying. They are replacing the lifers that are complaining 2 for 1.

$600 is about as cheap as you can ask for to improve our program. I personally think they should be charging triple that. The program is bigger than any fan and we need a new stadium. Dnf is a dump. This is from a family of lifers who are all MORE than happy to give up our seats for a new stadium.

I agree. Don't mistake me for complaining, like the typical lifer from Columbus is doing. I'm just a cheapskate and I live a little over 2 hours away, so it's tough to justify the higher price when I know I can't make all games. If I don't buy, I'm more than happy to give up my seats for people who are willing to pay. Trust me, I am definitely a 'What's Best For The Program' guy.

I'm curious about what the GA part of the new stadium will be like. Will I be able to get tickets whenever I want (with the obvious exception of postseason and SBW, which will always be packed)?

Howboutdemdogs
07-25-2015, 11:19 AM
Buying here, but pissed about not having a trailer in left field lounge. It has been there since 1987.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-25-2015, 11:35 AM
Where are ya'll getting $600 from?

dawgoneyall
07-25-2015, 11:52 AM
2 seat 300 each by July 31...same again when they turn dirt... same again at completion.

I seen it dawg
07-25-2015, 12:24 PM
Buying here, but pissed about not having a trailer in left field lounge. It has been there since 1987.

Are you not getting your spot in lfl though?

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2015, 12:35 PM

I think it kind of odd we're still making promos with the LFL when we're getting rid of it. And yes, we are getting rid of it. The LFL is the trailers and home made stands. And this is from someone with no dog in the fight. I've never been in the LFL. I just hate to see it go. It's one of the things that made a MSU baseball game unique.

engie
07-25-2015, 12:45 PM
I think it kind of odd we're still making promos with the LFL when we're getting rid of it. And yes, we are getting rid of it. The LFL is the trailers and home made stands. And this is from someone with no dog in the fight. I've never been in the LFL. I just hate to see it go. It's one of the things that made a MSU baseball game unique.

Those trailers and stands are no more the left field lounge than the concrete behind the plate is Dudy Noble Field.

The people are what makes LFL. They stay. They get significant input on modifications and personalization of their spot. What we are doing now is no less unique in the baseball world. Just better. And it secures the future out there.

dawgoneyall
07-25-2015, 01:08 PM
BS.

engie
07-25-2015, 01:15 PM
Sacred rust and rotten wood!11!

What specifically makes the current setup better than the upcoming one? Go.

starkvegasdawg
07-25-2015, 01:32 PM
Sacred rust and rotten wood!11!

What specifically makes the current setup better than the upcoming one? Go.

Because they're unique. They represent the personalities of the people that built them and sit in them. They're not generic concrete bleachers with a grill mounted on them. They're a one of a kind tradition in all of baseball. When people think of MSU baseball the LFL with the homemade stands, tiki lounge, and smoke blowing over the outfield is what they think of. Opposing players getting fed over the fence and visiting fans getting invited out there to eat. I just think a lot of that charm and uniqueness will be lost with the current plans. Everything else about the new stadium I love. Just wish they hadn't touched the lounge.

Ralph
07-25-2015, 01:36 PM
Renewed mine

dawgoneyall
07-25-2015, 01:44 PM

HSVDawg
07-25-2015, 01:52 PM
On top of all that, I don't think many people realize how many architectural design sacrifices would have to be made to the new stadium blue prints to keep the LFL as it is now. Two of my favorite things about the new stadium are the open concourse that fully encircles the playing field and the Left Field Lofts. Neither would be possible if the LFL was kept as is. The concourse would have to be low enough in the outfield to allow trailer access and therefore would provide no view of the field. And the area where the Lofts would be built is currently occupied by lounge spots. Everybody is talking about the safety issues causing the phase out. While that certainly may have been a consideration, I think there was just no way to work the lounge spots into a cohesive stadium design that fit what Janet Marie Smith and the architecture firm wanted to do. The end result would be a piece meal stadium of old and new that has no flow.

At the end of the day, you don't tell one of the finest stadium architects in the world (who also happens to be an alumnus) to go back to the drawing board with her design because you don't want to piss off a few old codgers that don't want to lose their dirt cheap spots. I will also admit that the LFL won't be as organic as it once was, but that is a small price to pay for a stadium that as a whole is the most fan friendly for the largest number of people. That is what we will have and anyone who isn't on board will be replaced by those who are.

dawgoneyall
07-25-2015, 02:20 PM
What makes a da Vinci better than a digital picture?

Doc
07-25-2015, 02:34 PM
Am renewing my 4 original seats and adding 2 club level. Am pumped. All we need now is a championship team to put butts in the seats.

engie
07-25-2015, 02:37 PM
Because they're unique.
What we're building has never been done before either. Add in the lofts, 360* concourse, and the new stadium is in reality more unique than the old one.

They represent the personalities of the people that built them and sit in them.
And every lounge owner is being allowed to personalize their spots in a bunch of ways individually.

They're not generic concrete bleachers with a grill mounted on them.
Link me to that being what we're doing? The only thing "generic" about it is the height requirements -- which was always going to be a thing to allow for a 360* concourse. Even if the lounges had stayed, that modification was going to be necessitated. People are going to be able to modify their spots however the heck they want.

They're a one of a kind tradition in all of baseball.
So is the new ones.

When people think of MSU baseball the LFL with the homemade stands, tiki lounge
So move to deer camp instead of living in generic, cookie cutter homes. The brainwashing of our fanbase in regards to LFL rivals anything coming from the Grooooveeeee. People have convinced themselves that rusty metal and wood is what makes the lfl great. It isn't. The people are what make it great.

and smoke blowing over the outfield is what they think of. Opposing players getting fed over the fence and visiting fans getting invited out there to eat.
This is going to go away?

I just think a lot of that charm and uniqueness will be lost with the current plans. Everything else about the new stadium I love. Just wish they hadn't touched the lounge.
And then you can't have lofts. Can't have a 360* concourse. Can't have a real student section. Can't monetize the rigs. Etc... "Not touching the lounges" is crazy. It's been changing for 45 years. But people are up in arms because we suddenly want to make a lot of progress at once?

People would rather bury the tradition altogether -- than modify it a little bit to protect it for the future. I'll never understand nor be able to reason with this school of thought. Yeah, I know -- Nothing has eVaR happened on a home made rig!1! It just takes once to end it all. 85-90% of those things would fail a true safety inspection. Just because a worst case scenario hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it can't and won't. Just a matter of time.

5 Star
07-25-2015, 03:06 PM
This argument does not matter if more people are willing to buy the new spots, than there are spots to be had. At that point, the old guard's viewpoint will be irrelevant. If the new spots do not sell out, we have problems. Pointless argument, no one's mind is going to change, so it will be decided by money.

I suspect we'll all know the verdict by the fall.

Maroonthirteen
07-25-2015, 03:11 PM
I agree. Don't mistake me for complaining, like the typical lifer from Columbus )?

Peolpe from Columbus so cheap....

They still won't dial a 10 digit telephone number in fear of long distance charges.

Ok maybe not all but the ones I know...Ha!

Jack Lambert
07-25-2015, 03:15 PM

This too shall pass. We set the standern for what a college baseball stadium should be like 30 years ago. We have since be left behind. We are fixing to set the new standern for what a college baseball stadium should be like.

Miss State is the flag ship of the state and SEC in baseball.

Homedawg
07-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Here is what I don't under about some of the current loungers, (I sit there as well, most of the time) that want to bitch about the new stadium and losing what we had,.......guess what folks, if we don't build something new there won't be ANYTHING! Nothing. The administration, Cohen included, is scared to death of the structures that exist out there now. They aren't going to remain that's a fact. So either get on board w the new plan and join in......OR bitch and complain and pray nothing new gets built, the end result is the same- the rigs are gone.

DanDority
07-25-2015, 06:24 PM

Howboutdemdogs, Are you excited about all your input into your new spot? engin says, you and the rest of trailer spot owners get to help out in designing your new spot. How's it going?

Todd4State
07-25-2015, 06:47 PM
I think people need to give it a chance. We are about to build the best baseball stadium in the country for college baseball- we should be excited rather than nostalgic. This project is going to help to take us to the next level where we want to be.

Howboutdemdogs
07-25-2015, 07:56 PM
A few more years for the Red Neck Skybox.

dickiedawg
07-25-2015, 08:05 PM
The only problem I have with the new lounge is the price. You're talking about an 8-fold increase in price all at once. It's easy to imagine that pricing out some loyal customers. I really expected the spots to be around $1k/year.

Yes, most of the rigs have more than one family, so will necessitate a passing of the hat and it won't make that big a difference in the end.

MedDawg
07-25-2015, 08:11 PM

5 Star
07-25-2015, 10:27 PM
I'm getting baseball season tickets for the first time. Decided to get regular chairbacks and a couple spots in The Backstop, the field level club.

Cool man. It's guys like you that remind me about what this is really about. MSU baseball is something you can't explain. You won't regret it. By telling you this, I'm trying to convince myself at the same time.

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2015, 10:55 PM
This argument does not matter if more people are willing to buy the new spots, than there are spots to be had. At that point, the old guard's viewpoint will be irrelevant. If the new spots do not sell out, we have problems. Pointless argument, no one's mind is going to change, so it will be decided by money.

I suspect we'll all know the verdict by the fall.

The verdict has already been made- it's going to happen. The new lounges will 100% be a part of the new park. Period. You don't announce the construction of the most ambitious amateur ballpark in the world, put out renderings to the public, and pre-sell tickets for the thing a year+ before shovel will hit dirt (presales are going great, BTW) unless you know for sure that it is the route you are going.

The people who are against it now can either get on board or watch their spot get taken by the multitudes who have been coveting a spot in LFL for years. The funny this is, as soon as it gets built people are going to realize the lounges are better than ever- and everybody who complained about it is going to regret not getting on board from the start.

Howboutdemdogs
07-26-2015, 03:48 AM
Dan, nothing will replace our trailer. No input at all on design. We are just waiting to be told what to do.

bulldogcountry1
07-26-2015, 07:50 AM
Benn buying tickets from a lifer who never goes for a few years and have been on the waiting list the whole time. I just got chair backs and am glad to have the opportunity to have my own seats.

DanDority
07-26-2015, 09:40 AM
Dan, nothing will replace our trailer. No input at all on design. We are just waiting to be told what to do.

That's about what I figured.

Howboutdemdogs
07-26-2015, 10:47 AM
Jack, you are right, this too shall pass. But, after so many years, it is hard to change. Actually it is the resistance to change that hurts. I do agree with what you said about moving forward, and in time it will be the norm for us in our spot. I do believe that the new stadium will be the apex of all of college baseball, which I am all for MSU. Until then, the Redneck Sky will be rocking until the end! Then we shall transition into the Redneck Deck and Shag Pad. Go Dogs!

sandjunky
07-26-2015, 10:53 AM
I committed to 4 at the new stadium....none at current stadium

engie
07-26-2015, 11:09 AM

Of course they aren't consulting lounge owners during the engineering phase of this. People actually thought what I stated(which is straight from Scott Stricklin and is on the record) meant they were going to get to engineer their own individual spots? How would that be different than what we are doing now? People will be consulted and allowed to individualize their spots. That part doesn't come till a lot later on and is strictly cosmetics. This is nowhere near the lounge cosmetics phase yet.

99jc
07-26-2015, 01:34 PM
who think you own the place just because you set up a shitty Looking personal stands. I say Let it go progress is here quit living in the past this new stadium will happen so quit bitchin and get on board.

bulldogcountry1
07-26-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm as resistant to change as anyone, and I'm not even an old fart. I am old enough, however, to realize that when there's enough people willing to accept the change, you might well just suck it up an accept it or just shut up and find an alternative.

It's pathetic for anyone to complain about what Stricklin and co. have put together for the new Dude.

MSUDawg99
07-27-2015, 12:53 PM
A few more years for the Red Neck Skybox.

And I will be right there with you guys until it's last day. But couldn't be more excited about the new stadium & LFL options.

Howboutdemdogs
07-27-2015, 01:24 PM
+1 , for the record

Saltydog
07-28-2015, 11:01 AM
for those on that list to get some great seats but it's with a high price. $1500 per seat if you purchase before July 31st. If you wait past the deadline, whether your a newbie or a current season ticket holder, it's $1800 per seat. So Lumpy is right, it's not cheap.

If you're a first time buyer you have to pay $500 per seat now, $500 per seat at the ground breaking and then $500 per seat upon completion. Then you have to purchase the tickets annually. Seats are guaranteed for 10 years only.