PDA

View Full Version : New member

TopWaterDog
07-25-2015, 01:15 AM
Just wanted to say hey to everyone. I've read this site periodically for a year or so and decided now would be a good time to sign up before the season starts so yall get a chance to know me. I also decided to post it here since I'll probably do a majority of my posting on this board. I love fishing, hunting, and bourbon almost as much as college football

Hail state and looking forward to getting to know everyone

BeastMan
07-25-2015, 07:13 AM
Welcome aboard. Sounds like you'll fit in great over here.

Martianlander
07-25-2015, 07:19 AM
Welcome.

Uncle Ruckus
07-25-2015, 07:39 AM
I'm holding my judgement until I find out what rifle or bow you hunt with, what tackle you fish with and what bourbon you drink. But welcome, I only post on here and the bovine forum.

TopWaterDog
07-25-2015, 08:38 AM
I haven't deer hunted in 3/4 years. I got on a big squirrel and coon kick. I typically take either a Remington 887 nitromag or an old 22 my dad gave me when we go (what I take depends on how many shotguns we have in the group) regardless I take a Ruger SR22 with me. Love that little pistol. Take the same shotgun dove and duck hunting

As far as fishing goes I grew up doing nothing but crappie fishing with jigs. Within the past year I've learned how much fun bass fishing is. Topwater frogs are my favorite lure (hence the name). I like SPRO. I've heard Ribbits are awesome but I haven't figured them out yet

I've never had pappy. Blantons and eagle rare are two of my favorite. Bulleit, buffalo trace, Elijah Craig, basil Hayden, 4 roses, ET L are all good too

Uncle Ruckus
07-25-2015, 09:12 AM
Solid post. I don't do as much freshwater fishing as I use to but I do like the ribbits when there is floating vegetation. I have a black and blue spro frog that seems to work well, but the ribbits have a lot of action, at least the plastics do as I have not tried the pre-rigged ones. SR-22 is the best sub compact 22 you can get right now IMO. I don't like ruger's larger caliber handguns but anything they sell in a 22 is good stuff. I have two different 22-45's and couldn't be happier.

TopWaterDog
07-25-2015, 09:32 AM
Mine shoots about as true as I've ever seen a 22 pistol. It's awesome. And I definitely need to watch a video or two on the ribbit to figure it out!

Couple of questions about the site.. Is there a way to remain logged in when I close the browser on my phone and what can I do with vcash?

BeastMan
07-25-2015, 09:56 AM
Mine shoots about as true as I've ever seen a 22 pistol. It's awesome. And I definitely need to watch a video or two on the ribbit to figure it out!

Couple of questions about the site.. Is there a way to remain logged in when I close the browser on my phone and what can I do with vcash?

I stay logged and I guess it's because I checked the "remember me" box when I logged in. I open and close windows regularly on my cell's browser and I stay logged in. The Vcash is just for fun and during football season you can wager it on the "You Bet Your Ass" forum.

TopWaterDog
07-25-2015, 10:34 AM
Damn I'm blind. I didn't notice the checkbox haha. Preciate it

Treemydawg
07-25-2015, 09:47 PM
Welcome aboard top. Do you still coon hunt? If so, what kind of dog or dogs do you have? I used to hunt nightly but have slacked off a little the last year or so, but I do still own a little female walker that can flat out tree some coons.

TopWaterDog
07-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Yeah we still do. We have mountain curs that we use for squirrels and coons