PDA

View Full Version : Stewart Mandel - Fox Sports, lays the smack down on the SEC....

TUSK
07-24-2015, 05:22 PM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-crimson-tide-auburn-tigers-missouri-nick-saban-gus-malzahn-pinkel-sec-excuses-072315

Dawgowar
07-24-2015, 06:20 PM
It's off season Tusk. They have to do battle on Mount Molehill until real news starts flowing again. Mandel likes the SEC but is just offering click bait. Bad script during the slowest part of the y ear.

Not enough to warrant my "Rose Bowl Held The Game Hostage With Two Conferences Rant". I hate those pastel jacket wearing Nazis of Mediocrity. Those Mrs. Robinson banging cheaters. Those Pasadena pu....

I seen it dawg
07-24-2015, 06:35 PM
Weak sauce tusk. Just because they hammered the on the downside bammer trailer burners don't lump the whole conference in.

TUSK
07-25-2015, 12:09 AM
Weak sauce tusk. Just because they hammered the on the downside bammer trailer burners don't lump the whole conference in.

lol... that's great...

what's your Bammer @ MSU line up to, now... MSU -27?

messageboardsuperhero
07-25-2015, 01:20 AM
My issue with the whole "SEC is struggling in postseason" argument is that SEC teams routinely have to play games against teams that finish higher in their respective conferences- and yet the SEC teams still win far more than they lose over the course of the last 5-10 years. It's pretty common for the #5 SEC team to have to play the #2 team in the B1G or another conference in the bowl game- in fact, that's what happened when Auburn lost to Wisconsin last year. Hell, even UM was the #4 SEC team and had to play a pissed off Big 12 champ. It's just not really a fair comparison when you have lower seeded SEC teams squaring off against conference champs and runner ups.

Dawgface
07-25-2015, 07:44 AM
Its just the haters having a chance to poke their chest out a bit. The SEC had a great run for 7 straight years, now 2 years w/o the NC and the SEC was overrated. Can you imagine the crap the talking heads will be spewing if the SEC does not make the NC game this year?

Saltydog
07-25-2015, 08:02 AM
this year. The league is just too competitive and to be honest, a team from the West may win the division at 9-3.

gravedigger
07-25-2015, 08:14 AM
http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-crimson-tide-auburn-tigers-missouri-nick-saban-gus-malzahn-pinkel-sec-excuses-072315

This falls under the "Jackie Sherrill, is a cheater.....amiright????" genre. Take a subject that isn't proven BUT is considered so, by an uninformed public, and appeal to their sense of gullibility.

2 reasons you know the article is just a midsummer solicitation for clicks.

It's from fox. They are a train wreck in all things sport.

He uses Ohio State's schedule mid article to support his argument. Look at Ohio states schedule and tell me Saban isn't correct that they don't have an easier road.

Mutt the Hoople
07-25-2015, 08:19 AM
I hate those pastel jacket wearing Nazis of Mediocrity. Those Mrs. Robinson banging cheaters. Those Pasadena pu....
Don't forget they're the hom of Penn State, where the school motto is, "Women are a Chore, but boys are a joy."

Mutt the Hoople
07-25-2015, 08:23 AM
Remember, Gary Patterson is a defensive genius, had four weeks to prepare, and Bucky Beaver's offense is ridiculously easy to figure out.

I seen it dawg
07-25-2015, 09:45 AM
lol... that's great...

what's your Bammer @ MSU line up to, now... MSU -27?

confucius say
07-25-2015, 11:48 AM
This falls under the "Jackie Sherrill, is a cheater.....amiright????" genre. Take a subject that isn't proven BUT is considered so, by an uninformed public, and appeal to their sense of gullibility.

2 reasons you know the article is just a midsummer solicitation for clicks.

It's from fox. They are a train wreck in all things sport.

He uses Ohio State's schedule mid article to support his argument. Look at Ohio states schedule and tell me Saban isn't correct that they don't have an easier road.

Yea you can stop reading any article that boasts about oh st schedule in any way, bc the article loses all credibility at that point. Pull up there 2015 schedule. It is comical. If they lose one game against that crap schedule they should not be in the playoff. I'm in the minority, but they should not have been in the playoff last year. They lost at home to a below average, 6-6 vt team. I don't care if you are the best team in the country, that is unacceptable and should eliminate you from the playoff. We are told ad nauseam that the committee considers a teams whole body of work, not just if you are hot at the right time.

TUSK
07-25-2015, 04:59 PM

You've got a set on ya, I'll give ya that, buddy!

Jack Lambert
07-25-2015, 05:45 PM
Everyone out side the SEC hates the SEC. I don't think SEC teams are at a disadvantage in the playoffs but are when it come to getting in. This could be the year the SEC is left out. Who ever wins the west will beat the East team but the team that comes out of the West could easily have two loses.

gravedigger
07-25-2015, 08:29 PM
This could be the year the SEC is left out. Who ever wins the west will beat the East team but the team that comes out of the West could easily have two loses.

No way this happens.

TUSK
07-25-2015, 08:42 PM
No way this happens.

Which part 'Digger? the "2 losses" or "SEC left out"?

Maroonthirteen
07-25-2015, 08:51 PM
My issue with the whole "SEC is struggling in postseason" argument is that SEC teams routinely have to play games against teams that finish higher in their respective conferences- and yet the SEC teams still win far more than they lose over the course of the last 5-10 years. It's pretty common for the #5 SEC team to have to play the #2 team in the B1G or another conference in the bowl game- in fact, that's what happened when Auburn lost to Wisconsin last year. Hell, even UM was the #4 SEC team and had to play a pissed off Big 12 champ. It's just not really a fair comparison when you have lower seeded SEC teams squaring off against conference champs and runner ups.

^^^ THIS. ^^^^

TUSK
07-25-2015, 09:05 PM
^^^ THIS. ^^^^

it's been goin' on for ~20 years....

SEC #4 vs Big 10 #2
SEC # 5 vs Big 12 #2
SEC #6 vs ACC Champ

etc, et al, ya know....