PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals get Steve Cisheck

Todd4State
07-24-2015, 03:47 PM
I'm pumped because I love sidearmers/submarine guys. He's pitching well lately also.

We're going to get Marco Gonzalez in a few weeks to bolster the bullpen too- to go along with Rosenthal, Seigrist, and Tuiavalia.

On top of that Jamie Garcia has looked good in his rehab assignment and Jordan Walden should be back soon. Tim Cooney is pitching well too.

Because of that- I don't think the Cardinals need any more pitching unless someone elite is available.

Wacha, Carlos, Lance Lynn, Lackey, and Garcia is going to be a solid rotation for the postseason.

All the Cardinals need now is another power hitter- probably a first baseman. I hope it's Ryan Howard. Just let him platoon with Mark Reynolds.

There is a small chance that Wainwright and Matt Adams could be back in September as well- I'm not counting on it on either one, and if they do they won't be 100%. I'd actually use Wainwright out of the bullpen if that happened. And if Adams is able to come back, I'd use him off the bench for the postseason.

Tbonewannabe
07-24-2015, 03:57 PM
I'm pumped because I love sidearmers/submarine guys. He's pitching well lately also.

We're going to get Marco Gonzalez in a few weeks to bolster the bullpen too- to go along with Rosenthal, Seigrist, and Tuiavalia.

On top of that Jamie Garcia has looked good in his rehab assignment and Jordan Walden should be back soon. Tim Cooney is pitching well too.

Because of that- I don't think the Cardinals need any more pitching unless someone elite is available.

Wacha, Carlos, Lance Lynn, Lackey, and Garcia is going to be a solid rotation for the postseason.

All the Cardinals need now is another power hitter- probably a first baseman. I hope it's Ryan Howard. Just let him platoon with Mark Reynolds.

There is a small chance that Wainwright and Matt Adams could be back in September as well- I'm not counting on it on either one, and if they do they won't be 100%. I'd actually use Wainwright out of the bullpen if that happened. And if Adams is able to come back, I'd use him off the bench for the postseason.

I read that Mitch Moreland might be a possibility. Is Texas not shopping him around?

Dawg61
07-24-2015, 04:27 PM
Orioles taking offers for Chris Davis

msstate7
07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
I think the piece the cards are missing is Chris Johnson*

Smitty
07-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Gonna be hard now that Jeff Luhnow changed his passwords

Dawg61
07-24-2015, 05:18 PM
Gonna be hard now that Jeff Luhnow changed his passwords

Lol well done

Dawg61
07-24-2015, 05:27 PM
Steve Cishek is a steal for some nobody that will never reach 39 saves like Cishek did a year ago. Trades like this and the ability to develop pitching in the Cardinals system are why they have the best record in baseball.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-24-2015, 05:58 PM
I read that Mitch Moreland might be a possibility. Is Texas not shopping him around?

Please make this happen Mo.

Dawg61
07-24-2015, 06:14 PM
I think the piece the cards are missing is Chris Johnson*

Uribe and K Johnson traded to Mets

Todd4State
07-24-2015, 10:08 PM

I'm sure he is because he seems to be a fit. I think Howard is a better fit because I am assuming that they are going to keep Adams and Heyward. Moreland would be a fit if they don't plan on keeping one of those two (or maybe they can flip Moreland for someone?) And the Cardinals losing Heyward to free agency is very possible.

Word on the street is Howard isn't all that into playing in St. Louis even though it is his hometown.

I would love to have another Bulldog on the Cardinals to go along with Ed Easley.

The Cardinals are going to see what Stephen Piscotty can give them first- and when he doesn't play like Albert Pujols 2.0, they'll make a trade. Assuming Piscotty is healthy.

msstate7
07-24-2015, 10:16 PM
Uribe and K Johnson traded to Mets

For essentially nothing. If we were gonna get nothing, I wish we would've at least waited till the deadline. I know they aren't great pieces, but I think they're worth more than what we got. If no better offer came, I would've just attempted to re-sign uribe for next season. I hate the last 2 moves (this trade and re-signing fredi) hart has made.

Only thing I like about this trade is the mets are gonna take down the nats now

Dawg61
07-24-2015, 10:51 PM

Mets definitely got better today. Added Uribe, Johnson and called up the Oregon State stud Michael Conforto. They get D'arnaud back next week and have the nastiest young arms in MLB. Mets are set up to be good for awhile right now.

BoomBoom
07-24-2015, 11:31 PM
For essentially nothing. If we were gonna get nothing, I wish we would've at least waited till the deadline. I know they aren't great pieces, but I think they're worth more than what we got. If no better offer came, I would've just attempted to re-sign uribe for next season. I hate the last 2 moves (this trade and re-signing fredi) hart has made.

Not nothing. Both have ceilings as back end of the rotation starters. Both will probably wind up as SP insurance in AAA for a few years. And I believe the Mets picked up all the remaining salary. Good deal for 2 bench guys.