PDA

View Full Version : Renfroe's first pro game

CrazyEyeKilla
07-11-2013, 11:18 PM
So far... He's 2 for 3 with an infield single, a double and a run scored

ETA: missed the "e" in Renfroe

Will James
07-11-2013, 11:44 PM
And a walk. BB's will get him movin on up.

Frazier hitting .407 after 7 games as well.

Todd4State
07-12-2013, 12:25 AM
This is VERY good for both of them. If they continue to play well, they could be moved up to A ball before the end of the year. If they can start next year in AA, they will both make it to MLB pretty quickly. If Frazier is going to make it, he is going to have to hit at every level. That's how David Eckstein made it.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-12-2013, 07:16 AM
This is VERY good for both of them. If they continue to play well, they could be moved up to A ball before the end of the year. If they can start next year in AA, they will both make it to MLB pretty quickly. If Frazier is going to make it, he is going to have to hit at every level. That's how David Eckstein made it.

Could you see Frazier moving up by taking on a skip schumaker role and playing outfield too?

SaltyDawg
07-12-2013, 07:55 AM
Don't think Frazier has the arm to play MLB OF.

HereComesTheSpiral
07-12-2013, 08:24 AM
Don't think Frazier has the arm to play MLB OF.

Juan Pierre?

SaltyDawg
07-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Juan Pierre has been in the MLB for 10+ years and has over 600 stolen bases, making him Top 20 of all-time (and still going). He is also a career .295 hitter.

Their arms are comparable (proabably, I don't know if I've ever seen Frazier actually hose someone from SS) but Pierre's speed and BA mask his lack of a good arm.

Todd4State
07-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Could you see Frazier moving up by taking on a skip schumaker role and playing outfield too?

Well, the thing about Shumaker is he was an outfielder first. I think Frazier is more of a middle infielder type of guy. More like a LH hitting Ryan Freel if he makes it. The Pirates aren't all that deep as far as middle infield talent goes, so that's in his favor.