PDA

View Full Version : Our future Kicker plays at Central Hinds Academy

Coach34
07-22-2015, 06:56 PM
http://www.msnewsnow.com/clip/11699704/gunar-robinson-going-viral-with-trick-shot-field-goal?clienttype=generic

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM
A) That doesn't help us this season.

B) He's kicking off a tee.

C) Given Mullen's track record on being able to evaluate kickers, color me skeptical of him being any good. He needs to bring in The Kang to scout kickers for him.

Jacksondevildog
07-22-2015, 07:06 PM
He will sign with Troy and be an NFL Hall of Famer. We will be searching the intramural fields for a place kicker.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 07:12 PM
He will sign with Troy and be an NFL Hall of Famer. We will be searching the intermural fields for a place kicker.

Sad part is I'm 100% positive there's a kicker on the intramural fields better than what we've had during Mullen's tenure, especially the last few years. DePasquale over Brauchle is still one of the biggest head scratchers of the Mullen Era.

shoeless joe
07-22-2015, 08:33 PM
Sad part is I'm 100% positive there's a kicker on the intramural fields better than what we've had during Mullen's tenure, especially the last few years. DePasquale over Brauchle is still one of the biggest head scratchers of the Mullen Era.

DD was clutch in '10. Big reason for our success. '11 was a different story. I never saw anything from brauchle that gave me confidence...only big kick I remember was at Florida but I can't recall if he made or missed it.

thf24
07-22-2015, 08:38 PM
I may be wrong but I think everyone missed the point of this thread.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 08:44 PM
I may be wrong but I think everyone missed the point of this thread.

The point is C34 is hyping some HS K as the next big thing for us. I pointed out why he may, and likely won't, be. I'd much rather sign a JUCO K who's been kicking off the ground. Easier to evaluate.

DanDority
07-22-2015, 09:31 PM
The point is C34 is hyping some HS K as the next big thing for us. I pointed out why he may, and likely won't, be. I'd much rather sign a JUCO K who's been kicking off the ground. Easier to evaluate.

I agree WMD: However, the good high school kickers don't use a block anyway. They can but they don't have to if they don't want to.

Coach34
07-22-2015, 09:34 PM
The dude kicked the ball as it was moving thru the ******* air for a 35 yd FG- what more do you want????

Todd4State
07-22-2015, 09:37 PM
A) That doesn't help us this season.

B) He's kicking off a tee.

C) Given Mullen's track record on being able to evaluate kickers, color me skeptical of him being any good. He needs to bring in The Kang to scout kickers for him.

I didn't see him kicking off of a tee in that video.

And I don't know about the Kang and kickers- John Micheal Miss A Mile. Kickers are just squirrely head cases. You just never know what you're going to get.

MetEdDawg
07-22-2015, 10:08 PM
I didn't see him kicking off of a tee in that video.

And I don't know about the Kang and kickers- John Micheal Miss A Mile. Kickers are just squirrely head cases. You just never know what you're going to get.

Unless your Auburn. Those bastards have had more clutch kicking over the past few years than I ever thought possible on the college level. They recruit kickers and get the top rated ones consistently. Last time kicking was really an issue for them was Damon Duval's senior year, and I believe the year before that he hit 3 game winning FG's in a row. Since then they seem to have clutch kicking and punting every year.

Todd4State
07-22-2015, 11:21 PM
Unless your Auburn. Those bastards have had more clutch kicking over the past few years than I ever thought possible on the college level. They recruit kickers and get the top rated ones consistently. Last time kicking was really an issue for them was Damon Duval's senior year, and I believe the year before that he hit 3 game winning FG's in a row. Since then they seem to have clutch kicking and punting every year.

I don't know what they do that is different. I will say that I would like to see MSU reach out to Ray Guy and let him use MSU for his kicking camp. We could only benefit from it.

War Machine Dawg
07-23-2015, 01:10 AM

Duval was a ****ing BEAST before he went mental his SR season. That guy did it all for them kick, punt, kickoff, you name. And he was great at all of it. I'm still shocked an NFL team never took a flyer on him.

FISHDAWG
07-23-2015, 07:50 AM
there is a young man at Ocean Springs that may get a shot ... can't remember his name right now but he has plenty of leg

Dawg496
07-23-2015, 08:51 AM
there is a young man at Ocean Springs that may get a shot ... can't remember his name right now but he has plenty of leg

Sean Brauchle was from Ocean Springs too IIRC.. they must be churning out some good kickers.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-23-2015, 09:42 AM

Really wasn't a head scratcher at all. '09 FG's past 30yds Brauchle 2/5 Depasquale 8/9. '10 FG's over 30yds Brauchle 1/4 Depasquale 7/8.
Doesn't seem to be much of a contest.