PDA

View Full Version : Joey Swinarski transferred out of MSU baseball

MSUDawg99
07-22-2015, 04:58 PM
Per Bobby C...probably not much of a surprise. https://twitter.com/bobcarskadon/status/623974725459558400

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:05 PM
He was the future

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
And put another on the list of big time hitting prospects that haven't been developed under Cohen.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Per Bobby C...probably not much of a surprise. https://twitter.com/bobcarskadon/status/623974725459558400

Him and Paul Young may as well be a Unicorn and the Lochness Monster....so much talk and I'm not sure the ****ers even exist.

State82
07-22-2015, 05:12 PM
Him and Paul Young may as well be a Unicorn and the Lochness Monster....so much talk and I'm not sure the ****ers even exist.

That's about as perfect a description as you could come up with on those two. Strange deal to say the least.

Coach34
07-22-2015, 05:23 PM
oddest player in history- skips Sr year of HS to enroll early in college as if he is ready for the SEC at 17- gets 10 AB's in 2 years- gone

MsStateBaseball
07-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Had trouble w concussions and he couldn't get untracked. When he had ABs he fouled off fastballs and missed sliders. I don't think he ever played a full summer where players really get untracked.

shoeless joe
07-22-2015, 08:35 PM
Wait I'm confused...

So far I've learned that Cohen gave swinarski a concussion that kept him from being any good??

engie
07-22-2015, 08:48 PM
Wait I'm confused...

So far I've learned that Cohen gave swinarski a concussion that kept him from being any good??

He made him run into the fence with the unorthodox hitting drills!1!1

-People bitch about talent level on the team.
-We upgrade talent level in recruiting.
-People bitch when guys have to leave because we are way over the 35 limit and schollies get pulled/reduced to make the numbers work out.
-We're the only team in the country that has down years.
-We're the only team in the country that has players that do not pan out.

Homedawg
07-22-2015, 09:03 PM

-People bitch when guys have to leave because we are way over the 35 limit and schollies get pulled/reduced to make the numbers work out.

Yes sir. Good post. Amazing isn't it. Just beyond belief. But why do I expect otherwise. We have 19 new SCHOLARSHIP players coming in, someone, ugh someones had to get chopped. And we have some coming back who were on athletic aid that no longer are- nature of the beast of you want to compete.

5 Star
07-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Wonder what the ho differential is between being a high school senior star and a 17-year old college benchwarmer?

Todd4State
07-22-2015, 09:43 PM

The best prospect that has been produced by MSU under Cohen's tenure was a hitter- Renfroe. On top of that, I'm pretty sure that Adam Frazier is going to at least make it up to MLB the way he is tearing up AA pitching. I think Robson has a chance with his skill set and the fact that he has raked in the Cape this year to make it to MLB one day as well.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Getting guys to MLB is great. How about we win ****ing games while the players are here. I honestly don't give a shit about blowing ourselves bc we get some guys to the pros. Don't get me wrong though it's great. But if we can't win shit while they are here what good does it really do us?

Johnson85
07-23-2015, 09:00 AM
Getting guys to MLB is great. How about we win ****ing games while the players are here. I honestly don't give a shit about blowing ourselves bc we get some guys to the pros. Don't get me wrong though it's great. But if we can't win shit while they are here what good does it really do us?

SO you are complaining about us not winning when Renfroe and Frazier were here?

blacklistedbully
07-23-2015, 10:00 AM

Helps with recruiting, and over time that will contribute to more winning.

maroonmania
07-23-2015, 11:28 AM

Well, I will admit, it would help our program win a lot more games if we could get more than one good year out of guys like Renfroe, Stratton, Lindgren, etc. Heck, Lindgren as a SO didn't even pitch in the CWS AT ALL! If he had pitched that year like he did the next we probably would have won the NC.

RAYn_Man
07-23-2015, 01:10 PM
Well, I will admit, it would help our program win a lot more games if we could get more than one good year out of guys like Renfroe, Stratton, Lindgren, etc. Heck, Lindgren as a SO didn't even pitch in the CWS AT ALL! If he had pitched that year like he did the next we probably would have won the NC.

Lindgren wasn't necessarily bad that year. He was obviously in the wrong role, but still pitched pretty good. Kinda ran out of steam towards the end and our coaches lost faith in him.

maroonmania
07-23-2015, 01:21 PM
Lindgren wasn't necessarily bad that year. He was obviously in the wrong role, but still pitched pretty good. Kinda ran out of steam towards the end and our coaches lost faith in him.

Please don't tell me somebody had a pretty good year when he wasn't even allowed to pitch for the team in the post-season. As has been said, for college baseball, its almost all about what you do in the post-season. Regular season is all about making the post-season.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2015, 09:56 PM

Don't be dumb. That team, one year, had players no doubt. What about all the rest of the years we have guys that are supposed to be draft picks or superstars. We don't get shit out of them. Either we as fans expect way too damn much or our staff isn't near as good as they get credit for by alot of our fans. I guess I'm in both boats.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Helps with recruiting, and over time that will contribute to more winning.

Well of course it does. But nobody is pumping the hell out of Woody, Mitchell, Norris,etc making it to the minors for a reason...it's great they are playing professionally but that group,of guys aren't celebrated because they sucked ass when they were here. They obviously have talent or they wouldn't have gotten a contract to play professional baseball.to help with recruiting the players that make it to pro ball have to be celebrated. We don't celebrate those guys because it's painful to think about the nothing they did when at State. That's on the staff not doing shit with them to help them help us win.

Todd4State
07-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Well of course it does. But nobody is pumping the hell out of Woody, Mitchell, Norris,etc making it to the minors for a reason...it's great they are playing professionally but that group,of guys aren't celebrated because they sucked ass when they were here. They obviously have talent or they wouldn't have gotten a contract to play professional baseball.to help with recruiting the players that make it to pro ball have to be celebrated. We don't celebrate those guys because it's painful to think about the nothing they did when at State. That's on the staff not doing shit with them to help them help us win.

I think Norris is out of the game unless he is in some Indy League. I doubt Evan Mitchell makes it. Woodruff is one of the Brewers top 30 prospects, but he hasn't had a great year.

I don't totally disagree with what you are saying though. I do think that putting guys in the pros helps us hopefully get guys that can come in and make an impact right away. If I were Cohen, I would make damn sure that we have a junior laden team- and not bank on JUCO's to carry the team.

Dog316
07-25-2015, 07:31 AM

----------
This is so wrong. Like the grammar in your handle.

blacklistedbully
07-25-2015, 09:44 AM

But that's a different question. I was simply answering what good it does us to consistently put guys in the pros. It isn't in and of itself gonna make us win, but any boost in recruiting is one of the building blocks to success. But yes, it is just, "one of the blocks" that helps build sustained success. You need others, as well.