PDA

View Full Version : Gold Cup Semis

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 04:37 PM
Vs Jamaica. They have a lot of mls guys. Decent test for us but we should win. Starts at FS1 at 5

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 04:40 PM
#USMNT Starting XI vs. Jamaica (4-2-3-1): Guzan; Evans, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson; Bradley, Beckerman; Zardes, Dempsey, Bedoya; Johannsson

I think this is our best 11 change Yedlin for Evans and Mix for Beckerman.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 04:42 PM
For jamaica, look out for my man the dynamo star Giles Barnes. He's a cool dude. And he's a decent scorer

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 04:49 PM
#USMNT Starting XI vs. Jamaica (4-2-3-1): Guzan; Evans, Alvarado, Brooks, Johnson; Bradley, Beckerman; Zardes, Dempsey, Bedoya; Johannsson

I think this is our best 11 change Yedlin for Evans and Mix for Beckerman.

I prefer Yedlin to Bedoya. Other than that, I love this lineup. Also, good call by Klinsmann to switch to a 4-2-3-1 look. Gets most of our best players on the field together and in positions to have maximum impact.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 04:55 PM
I prefer Yedlin to Bedoya. Other than that, I love this lineup. Also, good call by Klinsmann to switch to a 4-2-3-1 look. Gets most of our best players on the field together and in positions to have maximum impact.

I would rather have Yedlin at right back but he's not a good enough defender right now. But yeah if he's not at fullback I want him pushed to the wing over another midfielder in Bedoya.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Zardes will make a major impact tonight. This is a good game for him. And a lot of guys who can find him running down that wing

Statefan
07-22-2015, 05:05 PM
Yedlin for Evans at the 60' mark is gonna be awesome for pace on that side

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 05:08 PM
I missed what was said about the field. Did the Georgia Dome put down field turf instead of natural grass?

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:08 PM
I'm actually kind of angry Yedlin isn't playing right back. We could use that speed against them. They got some soeedsters

BulldogDX55
07-22-2015, 05:21 PM
Watching the game at Dave's. We look kinda shit so far.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:25 PM
I missed what was said about the field. Did the Georgia Dome put down field turf instead of natural grass?
Plywood over turf then grass. Seems kinda dead. Jamaican coach complained a lot. Michael Bradley didn't seem to care.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 05:38 PM
If we get sent out of this tournament because of that goal.... wtf

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Beckerman is a mercenary running around with no skill. He shouldn't be playing. And that was pretty horrific defending. We let a counter attacking team win a long throw in.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 05:41 PM
Shit...

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Go through the motions against shitty teams long enough, and that's what you become...a team that goes through the motions against shit teams. We better wake up or Jamaica could send us home and make us a laughing stock

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 05:42 PM
And as I say that....2-0 Jamaica. It's as if we're playing their Bobsled team. Wtf?

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 05:43 PM
Unless we get a quick goal, this is over. What a dumbass way to leave the tournament. Embarrassing

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 05:43 PM
We're in deep shit. Jamaica looks way more invested.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:44 PM
We were playing better. Two absolute shit lucky bs goals. Calm down fellas. We got time. We've got to get Beckerman off the field

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 05:44 PM
Beckerman is a mercenary running around with no skill. He shouldn't be playing. And that was pretty horrific defending. We let a counter attacking team win a long throw in.

Our D has sucked this entire tourney. We gotta get some better players on the back end.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Our D has sucked this entire tourney. We gotta get some better players on the back end.

I'm not terribly worried about that really. We have good young center backs. But they're young. It'll take time.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 05:47 PM
Play as well as you like. If you don't score then you don't win.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:01 PM
Fox HT panel saying take out Bedoya and Beckerman. Hmmm, wonder who else has been saying that today?*******

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:06 PM
Fox HT panel saying take out Bedoya and Beckerman. Hmmm, wonder who else has been saying that today?*******

Yeah. I didn't mind Bedoya initially but he's not playing worth a damn. His service is worthless. Bring in zusi or mix and Yedlin

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:08 PM
No subs. Wow. I hope JK knows what he's doing or he's going to catch some heat

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:11 PM
That's why you give him the armband. Playing horrible but he won't stip running. Good shot by Johannsson. Goalie shoulda done better tho.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:16 PM
If that's Dempsey trying to finish instead of Johannsson, then it's the 2nd goal

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:17 PM
Our back line is putrid

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:22 PM
Can we please get Yedlin in the damn game?! Holy shit we're close to equalizing this bitch.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Thank god mix for beckerman

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Damn, may have missed our opportunity. Scoring chances have dried up and we're back to looking listless. Shoulda gotten Bedoya & Beck out by now. Fook.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:30 PM
Zardes has let me down badly....

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:31 PM
Where the hell is Yedlin? Klinsmann has his head planted so far up his ass he's looking out his mouth tonight.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:33 PM
Seriously, why the hell is Bedoya still in the game? Only 20 minutes left. Get some speed in the game!

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:34 PM
Gordon coming in, not Yedlin. What. The. ****?

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:35 PM
And Johansson will leave for Gordon. Seriously, Klinsmann, what the ****ing hell?

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:37 PM
Klinsmann will either be viewed as a genius or a moron

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:40 PM
Yedlin for Bedoya. FINALLY!!!!

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Now or never

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:41 PM
Only 12 minutes for Yedlin to make an impact. Ridiculous, Klinsmann. He's pulled a Les Miles with this coaching job tonight.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:42 PM
No foul?!!!

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 06:43 PM
Well, at least we won't get beat by Mexico**

This is embarrassing.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:43 PM
This is why you can't play like shit for 40 minutes and get down 2-0 to shit teams. We're getting what we deserve, and Klinsmann's "coaching" has compounded it.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 06:46 PM
Bradley needs to work on his dribbling while running...get some touch, bruh

War Machine Dawg
This is beyond embarrassing. About to lose for just the second time in 25 games to Jamaica. Unacceptable.

mstatefan91
Fabian Johnson does what Fabian Johnson does

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
Does this take the U.S. Team a pretty big step back after making a lot of progress the last several years?

cbrunt29
07-22-2015, 06:48 PM
10 shots on goal for the US. 2 for Jamaica and they both went in

cbrunt29
07-22-2015, 06:49 PM
Does this take the U.S. Team a pretty big step back after making a lot of progress the last several years?
Yup

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:50 PM

Nah, it's just one game. Let's not forget we knocked off Germany just a couple of months ago. This feels like shit, but we've got a whole lot of good young players in the system. And this game is on Klinsmann as much as the players. Why he left Bedoya in for nearly 80 minutes is a mystery.

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Even if we pull this out, we suck. I haven't watched the US since the World Cup. After seeing this, I doubt I will watch them again till the next one. I'm ready for the EPL and real teams.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Garbage

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:52 PM
Also, some of our "A" players need to become "B" or "C" players for some of the younger guys. I'm looking at you, Beckerman & Bedoya.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 06:54 PM
Other than the game vs Cuba, we've looked really shitty in this tournament. REALLY shitty.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:55 PM
I hate chicken shit time wasters

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:55 PM
Other than the game vs Cuba, we've looked really shitty in this tournament. REALLY shitty.

Yep. We've played with virtually no fire. Inexcusable.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 06:56 PM
We suck. Congrats Jamaica

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 06:57 PM
Embarrassing. **** this team and **** Klinsmann. No heart at all.

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2015, 06:57 PM
What happens to Klinsman after this debacle will tell you where the US is in the world of international soccer. If he is still the coach, we are minor league and will remain there. That isn't a comment on how good a job he as done. Managers in countries that are serious about it do not survive something like this, good job or bad job.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 06:58 PM
Few bad loses in friendlies and even the consolation game and maybe JK seat gets hot.

Let me add I mean that as in I don't think they have the stones to fire him.

RDawg90
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM

It's a really really shitty tournament…. This tournament will only become beneficial when the United States uses it to bed new/younger players into the team. There isn't one single positive to be had from fielding a team of established players (Bradley, Dempsey, Johnson, etc.) or irrelevant/old players (Alan Gordon, Kyle Beckerman, Nick Rimando, Chris Wondolowski, DaMarcus Beasley, etc.). An Olympic type roster should be used for this tournament, no other way around it.

CadaverDawg
07-22-2015, 06:59 PM
Mexico will demolish Jamaica. We suck.

Panama may beat us in the 3rd place game too.

RDawg90
07-22-2015, 07:02 PM
What happens to Klinsman after this debacle will tell you where the US is in the world of international soccer. If he is still the coach, we are minor league and will remain there. That isn't a comment on how good a job he as done. Managers in countries that are serious about it do not survive something like this, good job or bad job.

Hilarious... And just for the record, countries where managers "don't survive something like this," probably have 4 to 5 active manager that are better than any coach the United States national team will ever have.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 07:03 PM
Hilarious... And just for the record, countries where managers "don't survive something like this," probably have 4 to 5 active manager that are better than any coach the United States national team will ever have.

If you think we can't get a better coach than JK, you have no clue how much we've invested in soccer in this country recently.

RDawg90
07-22-2015, 07:05 PM
If you think we can't get a better coach than JK, you have no clue how much we've invested in soccer in this country recently.

Give me your top 3-5 candidates that you think the United States could get.

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2015, 07:07 PM

It may be hilarious but getting knocked out of your region's championship by an abject minnow usually gets most managers of teams who expect to win the tourney or at least make the final the sack.

Charlie_Sheen420
07-22-2015, 07:15 PM
JK is not losing his job anytime soon, he's the one who rebuilt the German team and he is trying to put together a damn good team for 2018, the older players like Beckerman you saw in this tournament will most likely not be on that team (Bradley Dempsey and those types will be there though). JK is the reason there are some great upcoming young players like Jordan Morris, Zardes, Johanson, all play for the US, he knows talent, the US will be fine. The point of this roster was to win the tournament with experienced players without some key defensive players. The US just needs to win the playoff game with whoever wins the tournament and make the Confederations Cup and JK will do that...I believe he will anyways

Charlie_Sheen420
07-22-2015, 07:18 PM
It may be hilarious but getting knocked out of your region's championship by an abject minnow usually gets most managers of teams who expect to win the tourney or at least make the final the sack.
Umm did you not watch the Copa America? Jamaica pretty much held their own against Argentina and Uruguay. The Concacaf isn't just the US and Mexico anymore. Costa Rica, Panama, and now Jamaica are all pretty decent

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2015, 07:32 PM
Umm did you not watch the Copa America? Jamaica pretty much held their own against Argentina and Uruguay. The Concacaf isn't just the US and Mexico anymore. Costa Rica, Panama, and now Jamaica are all pretty decent

I notice they didn't win a game or score a goal.

DudyDawg
07-22-2015, 07:35 PM
JK is not losing his job anytime soon, he's the one who rebuilt the German team and he is trying to put together a damn good team for 2018, the older players like Beckerman you saw in this tournament will most likely not be on that team (Bradley Dempsey and those types will be there though). JK is the reason there are some great upcoming young players like Jordan Morris, Zardes, Johanson, all play for the US, he knows talent, the US will be fine. The point of this roster was to win the tournament with experienced players without some key defensive players. The US just needs to win the playoff game with whoever wins the tournament and make the Confederations Cup and JK will do that...I believe he will anyways

The problem is he justified the picks like Beckerman by saying it's about winning this tournament not preparing for the world cup. He didn't make the final. We lost to a team ranked in the 70s

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 07:38 PM
The problem is he justified the picks like Beckerman by saying it's about winning this tournament not preparing for the world cup. He didn't make the final. We lost to a team ranked in the 70s

This. It's a damn travesty

Charlie_Sheen420
07-22-2015, 07:49 PM
I notice they didn't win a game or score a goal.
With the class Argentina and Uruguay are in, it shouldn't have even been a game, Jamaica gave them each a game and apparently they got confidence for the Gold Cup...

Charlie_Sheen420
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM

Copa America Centurio 2016 and possibly the Confed Cup (I believe JK will win the playoff) are for the WC roster building. JK always knew he had a playoff to fall back on if something like today happened which it did. And let's not forget some key players couldn't make the roster for several reasons. Morris injured, Brek Shea injured, Matt Besler the best defender along with Cameron were needed by their MLS clubs and I heard a deal was made for them or something. Add to it Altidore shitting the bed...things just didn't go right. As long as the playoff is won things will be fine. Now if that doesn't happen then maybe a change is needed...but I think JK has done damn well with what he has. We just won against Germany and the Netherlands on European soil with young players against some of their top players for the first time ever...friendly or not that's a damn big deal...

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 08:41 PM
Copa America Centurio 2016 and possibly the Confed Cup (I believe JK will win the playoff) are for the WC roster building. JK always knew he had a playoff to fall back on if something like today happened which it did. And let's not forget some key players couldn't make the roster for several reasons. Morris injured, Brek Shea injured, Matt Besler the best defender along with Cameron were needed by their MLS clubs and I heard a deal was made for them or something. Add to it Altidore shitting the bed...things just didn't go right. As long as the playoff is won things will be fine. Now if that doesn't happen then maybe a change is needed...but I think JK has done damn well with what he has. We just won against Germany and the Netherlands on European soil with young players against some of their top players for the first time ever...friendly or not that's a damn big deal...

You are looking through some seriously red, white, and blue glasses. Losing to fooking Jamaica is a huge deal. Altidore didn't shit the bed, he just sucks. He shouldn't even make the roster anymore. Ditto Beckerman and Bedoya. The only "old guys" who should be playing are Dempsey and Bradley. Jermaine Jones, if he was healthy. Otherwise, go all in on the youth movement. We're slow as hell and not very athletic compared to most of the upper level teams. That has to change.

And to be blunt, this team showed up to the tourney completely flat. Other than the Cuba game, they looked bored and like they didn't want to be there. That has a lot to do with having so many older guys on the roster. They just aren't hungry anymore. And frankly, the listless play has to fall squarely on Klinsmann. He can talk a big game all he wants about how important it was to win the Gold Cup, but he completely failed to motivate this squad. And don't even get me started on how poorly he managed the game today, from the starting 11 all the way to who he subbed in and when he subbed. If anyone shit the bed, it was your boy JK. I think he's a really good coach, but he blew it with this tournament. Losing to a team who's only beaten you once in 23 tries is completely unacceptable.

Charlie_Sheen420
07-23-2015, 12:18 AM
You are looking through some seriously red, white, and blue glasses. Losing to fooking Jamaica is a huge deal. Altidore didn't shit the bed, he just sucks. He shouldn't even make the roster anymore. Ditto Beckerman and Bedoya. The only "old guys" who should be playing are Dempsey and Bradley. Jermaine Jones, if he was healthy. Otherwise, go all in on the youth movement. We're slow as hell and not very athletic compared to most of the upper level teams. That has to change.

And to be blunt, this team showed up to the tourney completely flat. Other than the Cuba game, they looked bored and like they didn't want to be there. That has a lot to do with having so many older guys on the roster. They just aren't hungry anymore. And frankly, the listless play has to fall squarely on Klinsmann. He can talk a big game all he wants about how important it was to win the Gold Cup, but he completely failed to motivate this squad. And don't even get me started on how poorly he managed the game today, from the starting 11 all the way to who he subbed in and when he subbed. If anyone shit the bed, it was your boy JK. I think he's a really good coach, but he blew it with this tournament. Losing to a team who's only beaten you once in 23 tries is completely unacceptable.

I completely agree this team has looked like shit the whole tournament and that's on both the players and JK. The roster just didn't have good chemistry, and that's because JK elected to go with "experienced" players rather than the best available. Trust me when I say he has young talent coming up that is going to be damn good, this result now gives him the excuse to get rid of some older players. The older experienced route looked good and safe on paper but it didn't work out. He could have went with all young green talented players, but then people would have been pissed had the US not advanced still, and plus you don't want to break all of the young talents confidence at once in a major tournament if the team doesn't happen to do well. The whole team needs a kick in the ass and I believe JK will get it fixed. Firing him won't do anything and will actually be a set back at this point, just ride him to the playoff and if there are struggles then it might be time. Player changes are going to be made, don't worry, and that's due to finally being able to develop talent and find/recruit players. Also the US would have been screwed in the Final...the tournament has been fixed for Mexico to win, notice how they get more tickets? How about the ridiculous pk calls that have saved their ass in two games now? It really has looked rigged for them and that's because a playoff is another game meaning more $$$$ and the USA vs Mexico in a playoff is even more $$$$$$$$. And of course that game will be in the Rosebowl or Jerry's World....I just hope the US can win that game because I'm sure it'll be a pro Mexico crowd...which is just downright sad if the game is on US soil.

Charlie_Sheen420
07-23-2015, 12:44 AM
Oh look they were already planning the location of the playoff.
http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/city-council-authorizes-potential-october-soccer-match-in-rose-bowl/#.VbB9xYm9Kc2 It's just sickening, the past two games for Mexico have this tournament looking terribly rigged, it's disgusting. Even Mexican players and coaches are saying they don't belong in final and it's wrong that they are...more corruption from Concacaf for $

mstatefan91
07-23-2015, 02:09 AM
Oh look they were already planning the location of the playoff.
http://www.pasadenanow.com/main/city-council-authorizes-potential-october-soccer-match-in-rose-bowl/#.VbB9xYm9Kc2 It's just sickening, the past two games for Mexico have this tournament looking terribly rigged, it's disgusting. Even Mexican players and coaches are saying they don't belong in final and it's wrong that they are...more corruption from Concacaf for $

Ok? And this excuses our horrible first half against Jamaica, how????????

Charlie_Sheen420
07-23-2015, 03:18 AM
Ok? And this excuses our horrible first half against Jamaica, how????????
I was just pointing out the possibility that this tournament is rigged, and had the U.S. won, a ref screw job was possibly going to happen in the final to create a playoff game. Jamaica will probably get a BS penalty called against them...
And as horrible as the U.S. played, they still dominated the game in all phases of the game. The US had 20 shots and 10 of those were on goal as well as 11 corner kicks, and they could only score one goal, it's on the players to find the back of the net, the coach can't do anything about that. Jamaica had only 10 total shots with only 3 on goal with 8 corners, and they were able to score twice...US possession 60 Jamaica 40, the players choked plain and simple...Guzan's dumbass handball and Brooks falling asleep on an easy to defend throw in as well as Guzan being off his line at the same time cost them the game...2 mistakes lost the game...

DudyDawg
07-23-2015, 11:11 AM
The goals they scored weren't the problem. They scored two goals on a few shots with very limited possession. It's the fact that we couldn't hang 5 with so many clear chances that's sad. Jordan Morris has scored a couple friendly goals. That's it. Don't act like he or Altidore not being there matters. We had the roster to win not only this game, but the best roster in the tournament. It's pretty embarrassing to not even make a final. Especially when you pass up other young talents to play vets with the goal of winning not developing. It's flat out embarrassing. Luckily it's the gold cup and not a WC or WC qualifier.