PDA

View Full Version : per twitter- Malik Newman has us in his top 5

Coach34
07-11-2013, 10:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMRrNY0pxfM

He pumped in 40 in some all-star game today or yesterday...Ray has got to find a way to make he and Horatio believe he will have a solid cast around him

msstate7
07-11-2013, 10:30 PM
Who were the top 5?

MSUDawg4Life
07-11-2013, 10:38 PM
Wow.

Coach34
07-11-2013, 10:48 PM
Didnt say-but you can bet Kentucky and North Carolina are two of them

Its highly unlikely we can get him- but it's nice to at least be in the hunt still

RBritt
07-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Duke hasn't offered him yet. If we pull this off it'll be great. Coach if we'd have had Monta, Bender, Outlaw, or Butler for a year what type of numbers do you think they could have put up?

Hump4Hoops
07-11-2013, 11:11 PM
This is the only thing I can find where he mentioned schools tonight:

"Newman said he has no college list at the moment, but did discuss Kentucky, North Carolina and Duke, saying he holds a Kentucky offer and he's always been a Calipari fan."

http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-newman-goes-off-for-40-talks-schools/

I still see him as 50% to UK, 40% to Duke, 10% to UNC.

Also, his twitter picture makes me laugh. All he does is retweet people that praise him, and his twitter pic is his head surrounded by adjectives. 2 of the largest ones are the word HUMBLE - twice!

msstate7
07-12-2013, 06:25 AM
This is the only thing I can find where he mentioned schools tonight:

"Newman said he has no college list at the moment, but did discuss Kentucky, North Carolina and Duke, saying he holds a Kentucky offer and he's always been a Calipari fan."

http://zagsblog.com/articles/malik-newman-goes-off-for-40-talks-schools/

I still see him as 50% to UK, 40% to Duke, 10% to UNC.

Also, his twitter picture makes me laugh. All he does is retweet people that praise him, and his twitter pic is his head surrounded by adjectives. 2 of the largest ones are the word HUMBLE - twice!

If he's a one and done like everyone thinks, i would bet heavy on Kentucky. Kentucky (calipari) has the track record of getting the one year players selected as lottery picks.

cheat2win
07-12-2013, 06:59 AM
Jeff Borzello of CBS tweeted the coaches in attendance at his game at the Peach Jam yesterday. That list was John Calipari, Roy Williams, Larry Brown, Scott Drew, Josh Pastner, Andy Kennedy, Greg Mcdermott, and reps for Duke, Kansas, and Arizona. Pretty serious list of programs, need to show him to the Juicy Jumbos stat.

Political Hack
07-12-2013, 07:45 AM
I'd go to Duke.

msstate7
07-12-2013, 08:02 AM
I'd go to Duke.

If I was going for education maybe. If I'm going to make it to the nba after 1 year, I play for Kentucky.

Coach34
07-12-2013, 08:07 AM
I'd go to State where I would be The Show- and become a 1st round pick like Arnett Moultrie

Hump4Hoops
07-12-2013, 08:20 AM
I'd go to State where I would be The Show- and become a 1st round pick like Arnett Moultrie

He seems like the type of kid that wants to be a national brand by day 1. Kentucky will give him that.

Coach34
07-12-2013, 08:30 AM
He seems like the type of kid that wants to be a national brand by day 1. Kentucky will give him that.

Oh I agree completely

Bully13
07-12-2013, 12:38 PM
Isnt he a 2015 signee? Would seem that ray has plenty of time to prove he could win big and get him to the league after one yearl

Irondawg
07-12-2013, 01:09 PM
Looking at what all Ray has done thusfar I think the master plan is to develop a core of good role players and then sell to Newman that he can be the star that is missing.

KY certainly has the pedigree, but not every 5 start wants to compete with 4 other 5 stars for the ball and attention. Some don't mind.

But Ray hasn't gotten that elite guy yet, but every one of his signees seems to do something well and it seems he is focusing on athleticism and defense first because he hasn't signed a shooter type yet unless Dunlap improves and becomes that guy. Seems they are trying to make Newman that guy that fits in.

Then seems we want to play small and use an athletic 4 that is 6'8 or so and then have a center that is defense first rim protector.

So ray is setting up for improvement this season and then be able to tell newman he comes is and immediately beomes the focal point of the offense. Do i think he can sell it? No, but at least it seems we're going for it and if we can pull it off that's how Ray intends to put us back on the map

fishwater99
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM
Horatio will be a BIG part of his decision. I think it's KU, UK, or UNC.. But I would love for him to go to STATE.
We have to be in a position to be in the NCAAT in two years or we have no shot at all.

WeWonItAll(Most)
07-13-2013, 12:08 PM
We would have won a championship with Monta.

Hump4Hoops
07-13-2013, 01:09 PM
KY certainly has the pedigree, but not every 5 start wants to compete with 4 other 5 stars for the ball and attention. Some don't mind.

Calapari got a guy that averaged 2 PPG drafted in the 1st round.

msstate7
07-13-2013, 01:37 PM
Calapari got a guy that averaged 2 PPG drafted in the 1st round.
When you consider how many college and international players that are draft eligible, that's an amazing fact