Bo Bounds
Host, The Out of Bounds Show
ESPN 105.9 The Zone
Live stream: thezone1059.com
Twitter: @bobounds
ESPN Mississippi

Bullsy
07-22-2015, 11:39 AM
Mullen replied "no coment" when asked what he thought about freeze still talking to chris jones.

Probably best

basedog
07-22-2015, 12:08 PM
If I'm a teammate or even a coach of Chris Jones, I'd be questioning his loyalty to his teammates and of course his coaches. I just can't get a grip on what is going on with Jones. Surely he is upset about Freeze going public and I wonder what he has to say or what Freeze has to say about this matter. It can't be good for either, I know players talk all the time to other players from different schools as do coaches, but I have never heard of a player talking to another coach from a different school unless he played for them in high school.

What the hell is going on? Yep Mullen did do the right thing with no comment but I sure would like to be in his presence when asked in private.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2015, 12:13 PM
If I'm a teammate or even a coach of Chris Jones, I'd be questioning his loyalty to his teammates and of course his coaches. I just can't get a grip on what is going on with Jones. Surely he is upset about Freeze going public and I wonder what he has to say or what Freeze has to say about this matter. It can't be good for either, I know players talk all the time to other players from different schools as do coaches, but I have never heard of a player talking to another coach from a different school unless he played for them in high school.

What the hell is going on? Yep Mullen did do the right thing with no comment but I sure would like to be in his presence when asked in private.

And everything is based off of Reverend Freeze mentioning it. We haven't heard Jones side of it. Does Freeze just randomly call him sometimes and Jones is nice enough that he has a conversation with him? Who is making the calls shifts the whole conversation. I would also imagine that UM should submit that as at least a minor infraction to the NCAA since it is illegal.

jbjones
07-22-2015, 12:18 PM
I would also imagine that UM should submit that as at least a minor infraction to the NCAA since it is illegal.

I have to think "no comment", means "we don't comment on on-going investigations". Either way, it was a professional response. Exactly what I'd expect from our Athletics dept personnel.

basedog
07-22-2015, 12:25 PM
And everything is based off of Reverend Freeze mentioning it. We haven't heard Jones side of it. Does Freeze just randomly call him sometimes and Jones is nice enough that he has a conversation with him? Who is making the calls shifts the whole conversation. I would also imagine that UM should submit that as at least a minor infraction to the NCAA since it is illegal.

Jones will be asked this a lot now, just imagine the Egg Bowl and the hype with the 'Life Conversation"? Not sure why Jones hasn't already come out in public with some kind of statement. I now think they have been talking, I have no idea who is calling who both it seems to me Freeze in his own ego way was bragging about this situation and I got the feeling Jones calls him and that is why he said what he said about the Life thingy! We shall see, but for me I did not like hearing this, seems a knock against our coaches.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2015, 12:32 PM
This won't be news in a few days. Freeze threw a shot Mullen was smart not to comment. Let it go & it will die. It's not that big a deal. Chris will have a great year, be a 1st rd draft pick, & then Freeze can talk to him all he wants. Let's not make this more than what it is. Also players talk to coaches who recruit them all the time. A lot of times it's with assistant coaches but kids get recruited by a guy for 2 or 3 years & they develop relationships.

Dawgface
07-22-2015, 12:35 PM
I have never heard of a player talking to another coach from a different school unless he played for them in high school.

Agree. Mullen did the right thing. Jones can prove his loyalty or lack there of in Fall practice.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 12:42 PM
Overreaction by everyone

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2015, 12:43 PM
Agree. Mullen did the right thing. Jones can prove his loyalty or lack there of in Fall practice.

Chris has been here going on 3yrs & has never had an issue. He's already proven his loyalty.

maroonmania
07-22-2015, 12:44 PM

Whether or not Freeze talks to Jones occasionally, Freeze had no business throwing that out there for general fodder. Freeze just runs at the mouth sometimes just like he did spouting off about the Tunsil situation and royally pissed off the Stepdad. Besides just being creepy, Freeze really comes off as really unprofessional and immature to me for the position he holds at the university.

mstatefan91
07-22-2015, 12:45 PM
If Chris was talking to Nick Saban, none of you would have this big of an issue. It is purely because it is Bucky.

Bothrops
07-22-2015, 12:45 PM
I hope he'll be a 1st round commodity.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2015, 12:48 PM

This seems comical to me since Jones has supposedly been a vocal leader in practice and games. One offhand quote by Freeze and our fans seem to turn on Jones. I have never seen anything that would make me doubt Jones loyalty.

Dawgface
07-22-2015, 12:58 PM
This seems comical to me since Jones has supposedly been a vocal leader in practice and games. One offhand quote by Freeze and our fans seem to turn on Jones. I have never seen anything that would make me doubt Jones loyalty.

What do you call taking off plays which has been discussed? Perhaps loyalty is not the word, but one could question his heart at times. Or maybe he simply losses focus.

I hope Chris has an outstanding year and rips the heart out of our opponents. But I don't care what anyone says, talking to your rival's HC at this point is just weird.

maroonmania
07-22-2015, 01:05 PM
If Chris was talking to Nick Saban, none of you would have this big of an issue. It is purely because it is Bucky.

It wouldn't have been an issue with Saban even if he was talking with a player at another university because Saban has enough professionalism to keep that as private information. Besides that, technically its an NCAA violation to be in contact with another school's player so you would think Freeze would keep his mouth shut just due to that.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2015, 01:29 PM
What do you call taking off plays which has been discussed? Perhaps loyalty is not the word, but one could question his heart at times. Or maybe he simply losses focus.

I hope Chris has an outstanding year and rips the heart out of our opponents. But I don't care what anyone says, talking to your rival's HC at this point is just weird.

A lot of players do it. I remember Clowney being criticized for it also. Having a constant running motor is how some players move up the draft boards. It also might have to do with learning to play at his new weight. There can be a lot of factors.

FlabLoser
07-22-2015, 01:32 PM
Also on OOB this morning...

Norwood and assistant coaches outside of MSU stayed in contact with each other. Stuff like "hey, great game", "how's that sprain healing", and stuff like that. Not real often and not real close. Pretty much professional courtesy and kindness.

Freeze said he's talked with Jones maybe 4-5 times in 3 years.

I think this stuff isn't uncommon. Smart people don't burn bridges. Nothing wrong with sending a kind word or having a conversation once in a while.

BulldogBear
07-22-2015, 01:33 PM
Nothing to see here. UFreeze and company want this to be an issue and get inside our heads. It's working apparently.

basedog
07-22-2015, 01:38 PM
Regardless, Freeze threw Jones under the bus with his public comment, I like most don't want to know who is talking to who if indeed it's about Life.

It's real weird, I can't wait to hear Jones comment about Freeze. Again like a Pastor told me a few months ago, "Freeze is misinformed".

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2015, 01:41 PM
Regardless, Freeze threw Jones under the bus with his public comment, I like most don't want to know who is talking to who if indeed it's about Life.

It's real weird, I can't wait to hear Jones comment about Freeze. Again like a Pastor told me a few months ago, "Freeze is misinformed".

I don't expect you will hear anything from Chris on Freeze.

Bama_Dawg
07-22-2015, 01:52 PM
I don't expect you will hear anything from Chris on Freeze.

Nah, we won't. Chris has a good head on his shoulders. I fully expect him to go beast mode in our key games this year and get into the top 10 of the first round.

mic
07-22-2015, 02:01 PM
Who gives a **** ...

basedog
07-22-2015, 02:07 PM
Obviously you know lot's more than me, times have changed with social media, but again I find it weird a rival Coach would call out another player from a rival school about "Life". Weird but I suppose it's an ego boost to Freeze and I think a shot at Mullen.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Also on OOB this morning...

Norwood and assistant coaches outside of MSU stayed in contact with each other. Stuff like "hey, great game", "how's that sprain healing", and stuff like that. Not real often and not real close. Pretty much professional courtesy and kindness.

Could be wrong, but I don't think he was referring to college assistants.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-22-2015, 02:15 PM
Could be wrong, but I don't think he was referring to college assistants.

He was.

dawg27
07-22-2015, 02:51 PM

I agree it is just weird. I am sure it is nothing but why talk to him.

LC Dawg
07-22-2015, 03:13 PM
I don't think that Freeze just slipped up and mentioned this. I think he specified a particular recruit from a particular school on purpose. That being said, I don't see this as being a big deal other than proving that Freeze is a petty little man because he can't just let it go when he loses a recruiting battle.
If this was an assistant coach at Ole Miss it shouldn't even raise an eyebrow because it is common for them to keep in touch with players because they build relationships over years of recruitment. Any head coach knows better than to do this which is why all this proves is that Freeze is a douche.

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2015, 03:18 PM
I don't think that Freeze just slipped up and mentioned this. I think he specified a particular recruit from a particular school on purpose. That being said, I don't see this as being a big deal other than proving that Freeze is a petty little man because he can't just let it go when he loses a recruiting battle.
If this was an assistant coach at Ole Miss it shouldn't even raise an eyebrow because it is common for them to keep in touch with players because they build relationships over years of recruitment. Any head coach knows better than to do this which is why all this proves is that Freeze is a douche.

I think he is just trying to use it for recruiting. He can say "I sincerely care about you so much even when you choose MSU I will still call and check on you". I think it is purely a recruiting ploy.

basedog
07-22-2015, 05:32 PM
I think he is just trying to use it for recruiting. He can say "I sincerely care about you so much even when you choose MSU I will still call and check on you". I think it is purely a recruiting ploy.

I somewhat agree, I think it has more to him saying "I'm a good Christian man who loves and cares for all", again he is misinformed! Big ego in a little man's mind!

Dawgcentral
07-22-2015, 06:16 PM
I somewhat agree, I think it has more to him saying "I'm a good Christian man who loves and cares for all", again he is misinformed! Big ego in a little man's mind!

To me, it's obvious that it's a case of manipulation. Freeze is say, "Sure, Mullen won that particular recruiting battle, but look who Chris talks to about matters of day to day life".

It's bull$hit of course. But he got everyone's attention with it. It's not going to happen, but Chris should take the Homecoming Queen's role and say something like," Well, I try to be nice to everyone".

RichardHarrow
07-22-2015, 06:22 PM
I hope after we destroy them in the egg bowl Chris goes up to Freeze and asks "How's life?"

Dawgcentral
07-22-2015, 06:29 PM
Beavers build dams. Freeze is the leader of damnation. Somebody photoshop his head onto Benny Hinn.

whosyourdawgy
07-22-2015, 07:18 PM
Damn a few of you here really got your panties in a bunch over this. Mullen said that chris has worked hard this offseason and has talked to fletcher and has done everything asked of him. Mullen said he expects big things from him. And when Bo asked about the freeze comment, Mullen said I won't comment on that and Bo knew to move on quickly. Quit trying to turn this in to something it's not. I swear, unwind a little and breathe.

Dawgcentral
07-22-2015, 07:31 PM
Honestly, I'm just trying to have a little fun with it. My panties are neatly ironed and put away for the day you want to sneak into my house and sniff them.

Liverpooldawg
07-22-2015, 07:35 PM
I think it IS a NCAA violation. Prolly not a major one but it fits the pattern. The rules don't apply to the Ole Miss Confederates.

BossDawg
07-22-2015, 07:46 PM
Whether or not Freeze talks to Jones occasionally, Freeze had no business throwing that out there for general fodder. Freeze just runs at the mouth sometimes just like he did spouting off about the Tunsil situation and royally pissed off the Stepdad. Besides just being creepy, Freeze really comes off as really unprofessional and immature to me for the position he holds at the university.

Exactly. He's simply trying too hard to be this role model or something. I don't trust anyone that HAS to show you just how good of a person they are. He might as well come out and say, "HEY EVERYBODY! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! These kids look up to me because I'm such an awesome and honorable person! Did y'all hear that? A State player STILL calls ME! THAT'S how awesome I am!"

Coach34
07-22-2015, 08:00 PM
Freezus is bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

I know it wont be popular on a Mississippi message board- but that is a must see for all- especially the first 2 mins

BeardoMSU
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Freezus is bullshit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r-e2NDSTuE

I know it wont be popular on a Mississippi message board- but that is a must see for all- especially the first 2 mins

A classic.

DancingRabbit
07-22-2015, 09:56 PM
As others have said, a lot of what's wrong with this is that Freeze had to let everyone know that he and Chris talk.

The other thing is the little part "about life". Seems to be saying "I'm filling a void in Chris's life". Arrogant prick.

Freeze needs to remember the lesson from Matthew 6 -

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ... "

spiritual_machine2005
07-22-2015, 10:02 PM
As others have said, a lot of what's wrong with this is that Freeze had to let everyone know that he and Chris talk.

The other thing is the little part "about life". Seems to be saying "I'm filling a void in Chris's life". Arrogant prick.

Freeze needs to remember the lesson from Matthew 6 -

"Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven. “Thus, when you give to the needy, sound no trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may be praised by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. “And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. ... "

Extremely well said!

BeardoMSU
07-22-2015, 10:06 PM
Freeze's piety is overwhelming. He just cares so much***

He makes me laugh, honestly. Freeze essentially said in an interview awhile back that his only vice was chewing Bazooka gum on the sideline from time to time, and that he doesn't drink or cuss. For 17's sake. I don't trust anyone who doesn't do 1 or both of those things. I wonder if he also refuses bj's from his wife because "sodomy is a sin"? Keep livin' the dream douche-bag.

BossDawg
07-22-2015, 11:02 PM
and that he doesn't drink or cuss.

If I remember correctly he let one or two slip when he was walking off the field after the TAMU game and started flapping his gums to a student.

Todd4State
07-22-2015, 11:28 PM
If I remember correctly he let one or two slip when he was walking off the field after the TAMU game and started flapping his gums to a student.

I was about to say the same thing.

I seen it dawg
07-23-2015, 06:13 AM
The guy is a pos general douche.

John Farley
07-23-2015, 09:22 AM
Last week everyone was talking about Tunsil. Freeze says this and this week everyone is talking about Chris. Mission accomplished

Liverpooldawg
07-23-2015, 09:33 AM
Last week everyone was talking about Tunsil. Freeze says this and this week everyone is talking about Chris. Mission accomplished

Yep

maroonmania
07-23-2015, 11:24 AM

Well, at this stage, the Tunsil situation was pretty much already talked to death unless some new information comes out on something relating to that. Just a matter of waiting to see if and when the NCAA takes any action and that could be a while if ever.

BossDawg
07-23-2015, 06:00 PM
it's an ego boost to Freeze and I think a shot at Mullen.

/thread

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Freeze's piety is overwhelming. He just cares so much***

He makes me laugh, honestly. Freeze essentially said in an interview awhile back that his only vice was chewing Bazooka gum on the sideline from time to time, and that he doesn't drink or cuss.

Hell, I thought he was a dipper.

Treemydawg
07-23-2015, 08:17 PM
Hell, I thought he was a dipper.

Snuff is made from tree bark? ***