PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

RBritt
07-21-2015, 06:21 PM
On some other boards they are claiming they are going to take us to the woodshed and spank us. Just don't see it happening. They will have to rush for 250+ to beat us. Our D line is going to have Jennings running for his life. Our WR core really excites me. Bear Fred Brown Ross Myles Gray morrow is going to be hell to stop. Will Malik Dear play? Gerri Green is going to be a monster. Can't wait til Dan keeps his foot on their throat.

BulldogBear
07-21-2015, 06:29 PM
Well, that's what the media has them believing. MSU will struggle to win 6***

Pollodawg
07-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Yeah.....No. Keep living on your little now defunct streak, Tiggers. And I hope some of them read this. We will destroy you in Starkville. Your QB can't hit water falling out of a boat. You lost one of the best D Coordinators in the game and a boat load of talent on that side of the ball. I hope you plan on riding Fournette to another mediocre season. He's all ya got.

cbrunt29
07-21-2015, 06:48 PM
Fournette can have a great game, and we will still win. The only way they win is if he has a historic performance

msstate7
07-21-2015, 06:52 PM
Well we're pretty confident too. I think it will come down to which new def cood is farther along. This isn't gonna cake walk for either team

confucius say
07-21-2015, 07:35 PM
Game will be won or lost up front. They are going to try to challenge our manhood.

NCDawg
07-21-2015, 07:36 PM
Well we're pretty confident too. I think it will come down to which new def cood is farther along. This isn't gonna cake walk for either team

I'm glad we've got Diaz on our side.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-21-2015, 07:52 PM
Game will be won or lost up front. They are going to try to challenge our manhood.

That is what's concerning to me. One of biggest question marks going into this season is our D-Line.

confucius say
07-21-2015, 08:05 PM
That is what's concerning to me. One of biggest question marks going into this season is our D-Line.

Our first four will be fine. Aj, Ryan brown, big bro Adams and jones. Depth is my concern. Some young guys and jucos have to step up. Oh, and paging nick James. This game is perfect for his skill set.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-21-2015, 08:14 PM
Our first four will be fine. Aj, Ryan brown, big bro Adams and jones. Depth is my concern. Some young guys and jucos have to step up. Oh, and paging nick James. This game is perfect for his skill set.

Good point...got an idea on who we may see step up? Corey Thomas maybe?

TrapGame
07-21-2015, 08:46 PM
It will be a brutal game. LSU will want blood for last year. But, we're gonna be ready. Our QB and WRs are better and so is our DC.

Bothrops
07-21-2015, 08:54 PM
On some other boards they are claiming they are going to take us to the woodshed and spank us. Just don't see it happening. They will have to rush for 250+ to beat us. Our D line is going to have Jennings running for his life. Our WR core really excites me. Bear Fred Brown Ross Myles Gray morrow is going to be hell to stop. Will Malik Dear play? Gerri Green is going to be a monster. Can't wait til Dan keeps his foot on their throat.

I still think LSU will rush for a lot of yards against us. We will need to have very few wasted possessions on offense, because Lsu is going to score points. Too much firepower not to. This is only the first real test for our new defense.

We will have to have monster night on offense. We can do that.

Coach34
07-21-2015, 08:55 PM
We have the homefield- and that's huge
We have by far the best QB- thats huge

I worry about our DL depth- this will be the game they have to prove themselves. Fournette is going to run the ball 30 times. I dont worry so much about the first 15 as I do the 2nd 15.

We're gonna win the game- but its going to take a huge effort.

msstate7
07-21-2015, 09:01 PM

I worry about our DL depth- this will be the game they have to prove themselves. Fournette is going to run the ball 30 times. I dont worry so much about the first 15 as I do the 2nd 15.

If we can get up by 2 scores, we'll negate their best player. We have to play from in front IMO. We don't need them grinding on us with dak on the sidelines

Bothrops
07-21-2015, 09:12 PM
This game is crucial for both teams. We are the team at home, we must win.

msstate7
07-21-2015, 09:14 PM
This game is crucial for both teams. We are the team at home, we must win.

Yep. This game propelled us last year. A win will do the same this year. A loss could propel us the other way

Pollodawg
07-22-2015, 11:23 AM

This. I just don't see our senior Heisman contending QB losing at home in front of a crowd that will be absolutely insane since he and the team both know how huge this game is. LSU will put up one heck of a fight, but the good guys get the W.

Bama_Dawg
07-22-2015, 11:32 AM
Fournette can have a great game, and we will still win. The only way they win is if he has a historic performance

I'll CB this one...Fournette will look like he's having a breakout game until the mid-2nd quarter, when he gets LIT UP by one of our interior DL or MLBs. Then he'll get gun shy and finish with less than 100 yards rushing.

And yes, foot will be on throat for this one

confucius say
07-22-2015, 11:50 AM
Good point...got an idea on who we may see step up? Corey Thomas maybe?

Not sure. But that's my guess. I don't think it will be a true freshman.

Jack Lambert
07-22-2015, 11:57 AM

They need to figure out how to stop Dak. They have not done that in two games.

Dawg496
07-22-2015, 11:59 AM
We're gonna be up by 2 TDs at the end of the 3rd and will win by 7-10. This game will not be in doubt for long in the second half if at all.

I seen it dawg
07-22-2015, 12:08 PM
Our team is gonna be charged with aggravated assault and battery after what we do to them.

Boodawg
07-22-2015, 12:09 PM
As long as Freeze gives CJ a good pregame speech on the phone before the game, I'm not worried about the DL. ****

basedog
07-22-2015, 12:17 PM
I suppose everyone's crystal ball is working great, I see this game tough and could go either way. I can't see a runaway by either team in this game. I think it's a toss up and whoever has the best depth and least turnovers I think wins this game.

HSVDawg
07-22-2015, 12:49 PM
Yep. This game propelled us last year. A win will do the same this year. A loss could propel us the other way

No question about it. It's an absolute must-win game at home. We will still have road games against Mizzou, Arkansas, Auburn, and A&M and home games against Ole Miss and Alabama afterwards. I expect all 6 of those teams to be better than this LSU team. If we drop this game to the Tigers I don't see any way we could do better than 7-5 this season, and 6-6 wouldn't be out of the question.

Saltydog
07-22-2015, 12:53 PM
and that and the subsequent fatigue may be factor in their favor because I'm worried about our depth on the DL.....Our starters will be fine but after that, who knows..........Anybody counting this as an automatic victory is crazy..........

FISHDAWG
07-22-2015, 01:01 PM
Our team is gonna be charged with aggravated assault and battery after what we do to them.

Dillion Day was accused of that last year

BulldogBear
07-22-2015, 01:27 PM
They need to figure out how to stop Dak. They have not done that in two games.
This^^^

And screw any notion of "revenge" on their part or "wanting blood." We've endure a 1 for 15 and 2 for 23. 17 Them. We got all they can handle. Come get some kittens.

BulldogBear
07-22-2015, 01:29 PM
No question about it. It's an absolute must-win game at home. We will still have road games against Mizzou, Arkansas, Auburn, and A&M and home games against Ole Miss and Alabama afterwards. I expect all 6 of those teams to be better than this LSU team. If we drop this game to the Tigers I don't see any way we could do better than 7-5 this season, and 6-6 wouldn't be out of the question.
This also. If we win this one I think we'll be 5-0 after the first five (I've predicted 10-2 with Losses at UPig and Mizzou) but if we lose we'll be fortunate to be 3-2.

Bama_Dawg
07-22-2015, 01:37 PM
...and the beating should start the moment the teams run on the field:

Picture if you will: LSU is running on the field in Starkville with their own "Louisiana Saturday Night" song playing...but in the first verse, before Louisiana is fully said in the song, a needle scratches and "Who Let the Dawgs Out" starts playing.

For those of you unfamiliar, old school vinyl scratch it out at 16 seconds in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yljf4Lpj7CI

Again, foot on throat...whole game. Dak ends it with a kneel in the 4th.

If we win this one convincingly we'll be back on the media's map again.

Pollodawg
07-22-2015, 02:09 PM
For me, I simply don't think LSU has the offense to score consistently on us, but I think we have the offense to score consistently on them. Therefore, we score more points. The pass is no real threat from them. They have some solid to great wideouts, but they have no one to consistently get them the ball, and you can only ask Fournette to do so much, there are only so many ways that you can get him the ball, and what they want to do, Manny is best at stopping. If we come out and get things rolling early, this could be similar to the beating Auburn gave them last season.

NCDawg
07-22-2015, 02:29 PM
If we can get our running game going, I think we can win pretty handily. If their defensive front knocks our OL around, similar to what Ole Miss did last year, we could be in trouble. With Diaz as our DC, I think he can devise a scheme to stop, or at least slow down, their offense.

TrapGame
07-22-2015, 02:53 PM
For me, I simply don't think LSU has the offense to score consistently on us, but I think we have the offense to score consistently on them. Therefore, we score more points. The pass is no real threat from them. They have some solid to great wideouts, but they have no one to consistently get them the ball, and you can only ask Fournette to do so much, there are only so many ways that you can get him the ball, and what they want to do, Manny is best at stopping. If we come out and get things rolling early, this could be similar to the beating Auburn gave them last season.

100% agree.

Cam Cameron is going to have to really earn his money this season. Whomever is QB will need to play like Mettenburger did in '13 to beat us. And Kevin Steel can't hold Manny's jock as a DC.

maroonmania
07-22-2015, 02:58 PM
and that and the subsequent fatigue may be factor in their favor because I'm worried about our depth on the DL.....Our starters will be fine but after that, who knows..........Anybody counting this as an automatic victory is crazy..........

I think anyone counting any SEC West opponent as an automatic victory is at least unwise if not crazy. However, I personally will significantly reduce my expectations for the season if we drop this game at home to a team with good talent overall but a subpar QB. I would go from thinking we can compete for the West to thinking around 7 wins is our absolute ceiling.

BeastMan
07-22-2015, 03:01 PM
We're beating lsu by 3 scores

Tbonewannabe
07-22-2015, 03:27 PM
Just because it is LSU, I am always nervous. Having Dak gives us the advantage against any team we line up against. If our Oline keeps Dak clean, we are going to blow up some MSU offensive records and possibly SEC records. This time last year we weren't comfortable with either Guards or RT. We are replacing the Oline we lost with Junior and Seniors. We finally are reaping the benefits of being a developmental program.

LC Dawg
07-22-2015, 04:41 PM
We led LSU 34-10 early in the 4th quarter last year at their place. We took our foot off the gas and Dan had his head up his ass a little and let them come back in the 4th but we totally whipped their ass.
I just don't think we've declined enough and they've improved enough to the point where they beat us at our place. I know it's SEC football but I say if LSU beats us this year it's on us for not playing like we are capable of playing.

War Machine Dawg
07-22-2015, 04:55 PM
Dillion Day was accused of that last year

Damn, I'm pissed off all over aGAIN. **** Les Miles and every cry baby Tigah fan who couldn't handle getting that ass spanked. To borrow from Stone Cold Steve Austin, I hope we stomp a mud hole in those sumbitches this year and walk it dry.

BulldogBear
07-22-2015, 05:48 PM
Damn, I'm pissed off all over aGAIN. **** Les Miles and every cry baby Tigah fan who couldn't handle getting that ass spanked. To borrow from Stone Cold Steve Austin, I hope we stomp a mud hole in those sumbitches this year and walk it dry.

To be honest, I recently rewatched this game when replayed on SEC network and finding less and less of a problem with it. Maybe the refs knew or heard something different but none of those "stomps" looked that bad to me on watching again.

Maroon_and_white
07-23-2015, 08:06 AM
We're beating lsu by 3 scores

This

missouridawg
07-23-2015, 08:24 AM
100% agree.

Cam Cameron is going to have to really earn his money this season. Whomever is QB will need to play like Mettenburger did in '13 to beat us. And Kevin Steel can't hold Manny's jock as a DC.

Much like Mike Evans was to Johnny Manziel... Mettenburger benefited greatly from one of the best WR duo's on CFB history (Beckham and Landry). I'll never forget their performance against us. They caught ****ing everything. Absolutely ****ing everything.

Maroon_and_white
07-23-2015, 08:39 AM
Much like Mike Evans was to Johnny Manziel... Mettenburger benefited greatly from one of the best WR duo's on CFB history (Beckham and Landry). I'll never forget their performance against us. They caught ****ing everything. Absolutely ****ing everything.

Mettenburger
Landry
ODB
Alfred Blue
Jeremy Hill

5 NFL starters just on offense that I can name on top of my head. Along with their usual Chavis coached Defense. Les blew it in '13. Should have been a defacto West championship game @Bammer instead his tigers loses to Ole Miss and gives up 44 to Georgia.

thf24
07-23-2015, 08:46 AM

It's true that Mett benefited from those two over the course of that season, but he was playing out of his mind in that game against us as well. People flamed our DB's after that game, but looking at it objectively our coverage was mostly pretty good. Besides Beckham and Landry catching everything like you said, just about every one of Mett's throws couldn't have been more on the money.

blacklistedbully
07-23-2015, 10:08 AM
Yep, Mett was, "in-the-zone" versus us, and had Beckham and Landry catching everything that wasn't spot-on. What made it all the more frustrating is that he laid a giant turd vs UNM.

Wasn't anything special UNM did, just that Mett had a crap game, IMO.