PDA

View Full Version : Kylin Hill

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2015, 10:00 PM
Sorry, I just got a recruiting boner over Kylin Hill.

I've saw some of his Big Dawg highlights & then went and watched his Hudl video from last season, I couldn't help but post about it.

This kid looks special. He appears to be some kind of combination of LeSean McCoy & Nick Chubb. We've had really good running backs over Mullen's tenure, but we haven't had one with a burst like this kid.

Somehow, I just wish we could get him 2016 eligible instead of having to wait till 2017 to sign him.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4023565/highlights/170740377/v2

https://twitter.com/bartonsimmons/status/622209524959543296

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKUwwpJVAAAy30C.jpghttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CKTjdu0UkAA5WLp.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/5QpcggH9mG/

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2015, 10:19 PM
Kylin will be the best player in MS by the end of his Sr season.

ShotgunDawg
07-19-2015, 10:22 PM
Kylin will be the best player in MS by the end of his Sr season.

Is he not already?

Beaver
07-19-2015, 10:24 PM
Quick, explosive, and a fighter.

Question for a coach or former player...I noticed that Kylin carried the ball only in his right hand. He often switched the ball from left to right after taking the handoff. How big of an issue is that? Is that an easy fix once he gets to college, or is that something he needs to work on during his last 2 years of high school?

KB21
07-19-2015, 10:28 PM
Another kid that should be rated very high in 2017 is Ronnie Ladd. He's yet another guy Dan Mullen has been on before anyone else, and on film, he looks like another Benardrick McKinney.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2015, 10:31 PM
Is he not already?

Cam Akers.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2015, 10:31 PM

Question for a coach or former player...I noticed that Kylin carried the ball only in his right hand. He often switched the ball from left to right after taking the handoff. How big of an issue is that? Is that an easy fix once he gets to college, or is that something he needs to work on during his last 2 years of high school?

That's something that can be taught.

Big4Dawg
07-19-2015, 10:46 PM
OM offered him and he said they put them equal to State. Idk how much truth that has to it.

Dallas_Dawg
07-19-2015, 10:48 PM
What's our chances with Hill and Akers? Any chance either of them ends up as a 5 star?

BeastMan
07-19-2015, 11:00 PM
Hill is the best MS HS RB prospect since Dontae Walker

messageboardsuperhero
07-19-2015, 11:03 PM
OM offered him and he said they put them equal to State. Idk how much truth that has to it.

This is a Columbus kid who probably grew up a State fan and has had us as his leader since he first started getting recruiting letters... I ain't worried.

ETA: And I love this quote from that story...

Sure, there must be an excitement factor for Hill on the heels of the offer from the Rebels on Saturday, but from the sound of things, Ole Miss plans to battle for the 5-11, 208-pound running back from Columbus (Miss.) High School.

LOL, sure. UM sounds like they're going to try and battle for Hill- until it becomes apparently obvious that he's coming to State- at which point they will mysteriously pull the offer and say they "never wanted him in the first place."

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2015, 11:34 PM
Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate.

Todd4State
07-19-2015, 11:35 PM
What's our chances with Hill and Akers? Any chance either of them ends up as a 5 star?

I think there is a chance, but it's way early in the process. Akers and Hill would be badass. Cam is more like an ATH to me that you can line up in the slot and use at RB while Hill is a great all around RB. Together, they would be scary.

Todd4State
07-19-2015, 11:36 PM
Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate.

We need Kylin to sell Cam on getting them to play together. Seems like there are a lot of in state kids that want to go to MSU in that class.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-19-2015, 11:37 PM
We need Kylin to sell Cam on getting them to play together. Seems like there are a lot of in state kids that want to go to MSU in that class.

Yea MSU has a lot of ins next year. Cam likes MSU but it's going to be a battle. A similar recruitment to Nigel Knott.

Todd4State
07-19-2015, 11:50 PM
Yea MSU has a lot of ins next year. Cam likes MSU but it's going to be a battle. A similar recruitment to Nigel Knott.

I think you're right- it will probably go down to January at the earliest. I know Cam likes Tennessee and Alabama a lot.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2015, 12:00 AM
I think you're right- it will probably go down to January at the earliest. I know Cam likes Tennessee and Alabama a lot.

Lsu as well.

Bothrops
07-20-2015, 02:10 AM
I think Kylin maybe Dan's to lose. I expect him to be a 5 star too.

mic
07-20-2015, 06:59 AM
I go you on this one I seen It... So we can put this to rest early

Hill to State.......

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-20-2015, 08:57 AM
Nm

Eric Nies Grind Time
07-20-2015, 09:26 AM
wut

CadaverDawg
07-20-2015, 10:07 AM
Why are y'all freaking out about Cam Akers?!??! When was the last time we didn't get a guy we wanted from Clinton???!?! Freaking out about a 2017 croot?!?! ***********

In all seriousness tho, I like where we sit with both of them currently. Will be interesting to see if they choose to go different places since I'm pretty sure both will be 5 Star RB's in that class. Don't often see two stud RB's from the same class go to the same school

msstate7
07-20-2015, 10:21 AM
Anyone know what type of offenses that Clinton and Columbus run? Do either run the ball out of the shotgun?

engie
07-20-2015, 10:34 AM
Just called us and OM even after they offered him at their camp Saturday. We need to go ahead and offer a couple of his borderline D1 teammates so we can improve our chances of actually being decent at the RB position in the future and so we can recruit like OM****

He and Akers are both coming to MSU until further notice IMO. I think Akers is playing the game right now, but the choice will be obvious in the end. Dear, Shumpert, etc -- all considered far from locks for MSU early in their recruitments.

godlluB
07-20-2015, 10:39 AM
This is a Columbus kid who probably grew up a State fan...

Based on my experience, if he's from Columbus, he's probably an Alabama fan.

engie
07-20-2015, 10:41 AM
Based on my experience, if he's from Columbus, he's probably an Alabama fan.

Columbus is pretty close to a 50/50 split

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2015, 10:53 AM
Kylin will be at MSU.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2015, 10:59 AM
Kylin will be at MSU.

Aren't they both projected as RB's? Both 4-5 star guys? You think they would both sign with the same school?

Woukd be nice. I thought I saw where Akers may also potentially get a shot at LB at the next level. Seems that would improve the chances of them going to the same school.

Johnson85
07-20-2015, 11:07 AM
Aren't they both projected as RB's? Both 4-5 star guys? You think they would both sign with the same school?

No clue where their heads are at, but I'm not sure this is as much of an issue anymore. RB has mostly become a committee position at major colleges and the pros. You can get as much or more publicity as part of a blue-chip, 1-2 punch as you will being the clear leader at your position at your school. And you also get the advantage of going against defenders that are worn out by having to stop two elite running backs. And for those with pro aspirations, they get to limit the wear and tear on your body while still getting basically the same opportunity to show out.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-20-2015, 11:08 AM

Woukd be nice. I thought I saw where Akers may also potentially get a shot at LB at the next level. Seems that would improve the chances of them going to the same school.

Yes they both are projected as RB but Akers is an all around athlete similar to Malik Dear. It's a long way until Feb 2017 but I don't think we lead now. I have very little doubt on Kylin but Cam is going to be a tough battle. I've gone on record as saying Kylin will be the best player in MS after his Sr season.

CadaverDawg
07-20-2015, 11:14 AM
No clue where their heads are at, but I'm not sure this is as much of an issue anymore. RB has mostly become a committee position at major colleges and the pros. You can get as much or more publicity as part of a blue-chip, 1-2 punch as you will being the clear leader at your position at your school. And you also get the advantage of going against defenders that are worn out by having to stop two elite running backs. And for those with pro aspirations, they get to limit the wear and tear on your body while still getting basically the same opportunity to show out.

Good points

dawgwood
07-20-2015, 12:16 PM
Kylin will be at MSU. Akers is going to be a huge battle to keep him instate. kylin gonna be a dog. I next door to his uncle, everything in Columbus Ms HAILSTATE

messageboardsuperhero
07-20-2015, 12:17 PM
CHS is predominantly MSU with Alabama #2 and UM a fairly distant #3.

RDawg90
07-20-2015, 12:55 PM
If Yeldon/Henry, Ingram/Richardson, Brown/Williams, Gurley/Chubb, McFadden/Jones/Hillis, etc. can play together, then just about anybody can.

thedawg
07-20-2015, 01:41 PM
I would put Kylin at about 95%.. We would really have to screw it up to not get him.. Cam likes us and we may be able to pull him but it's hard to talk two five star guys into coming in the same class.. I predict Kylin commits early and we fight the good fight with cam and he goes out of state late.. I hope I am wrong

Bothrops
07-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Pardon my ignorance but I thought Akers was a huge LSU fan. No?

jumbo
07-20-2015, 03:22 PM
Talk to me about Kylin Hill's stats. I realize it was only his sophomore season, but I saw that he only had like 300 yards or so compared to Akers close to 900

Does Columbus have kids ahead of him? Was he hurt?

This isn't meant to bash Hill or freak out about a 2017 recruit, just curious.

jumbo
07-20-2015, 03:31 PM
double post

Big4Dawg
07-20-2015, 03:43 PM
Talk to me about Kylin Hill's stats. I realize it was only his sophomore season, but I saw that he only had like 300 yards or so compared to Akers almost 3 times as many.

Does Columbus have kids ahead of him? Was he hurt?

This isn't meant to bash Hill or freak out about a 2017 recruit, just curious.

Just found this in an 247 article: Hill is coming off a solid sophomore season where he rushed for nearly 900

DistrictDawg92
07-20-2015, 03:52 PM
I think there is a chance, but it's way early in the process. Akers and Hill would be badass. Cam is more like an ATH to me that you can line up in the slot and use at RB while Hill is a great all around RB. Together, they would be scary.

I don't think we would limit Hill to just RB. I think by the time Hill gets in school his stature and skill set will be similar, yet more refined, to that of Malik Dear. He is only going into his Junior year of high school and is already probably over 210 pounds. I know he is listed as a RB but from the little bit of BDC that I saw, he looked like possibly the best receiver on the field. Even if he is used exclusively as a RB, we know that Mullen likes to split the RB out wide to open up the line of scrimmage for QB runs, in this case Hill could be a match up nightmare and extremely dangerous.

DistrictDawg92
07-20-2015, 04:00 PM

Agreed. In many ways, as an elite RB recruit it could be seen as a positive to sign with a school that has another elite RB in the same class. If both were as advertised, they would get plenty of opportunities to show out in college and with the shelf life of NFL RB's decreasing every year, NFL scouts would see the split carries as a positive because they are twice as fresh as the would've been if they had been an every down back.

thedawg
07-20-2015, 05:03 PM
I haven't seen Akers play as much as Hill.. I can attest that Hill is built how you would build and every down back.. By the time he gets to a college field he will be 225-230 with plenty of quicks and top end speed... He also has very soft hands.. I have seen Akers in person and they have very similar builds just haven't seen him play so I don't know how his game compares

Bothrops
07-20-2015, 06:06 PM
From what I've seen Hill is the must have between the two. But they're still young.

Dawgcentral
07-20-2015, 06:19 PM
We've brought in two elite RBs before. Not sure what the star rankings were, but Jackie signed both Norwood and Turner. Turner didn't make out so well, but it was going to be a fine combination.

DistrictDawg92
07-20-2015, 06:46 PM
We've brought in two elite RBs before. Not sure what the star rankings were, but Jackie signed both Norwood and Turner. Turner didn't make out so well, but it was going to be a fine combination.

I might be making this up but I thought Turner was recruited as a DB but when he got to school we couldn't keep the ball out of his hands. Either way they were both big recruits but not at the level of Hill and Akers, they will both be top 10 RB's nationally and around top 50ish overall. If the dominos fall our way, 2017 could be our best recruiting class ever. There is probably 10-12 legitimate 4/5 star recruits in Mississippi for the class of 2017. if Mullen can get his usual 70ish% of the top in state prospects and add a few 4 star type prospects from Louisiana/Alabama to go along with our usual group of JUCO's, solid 3-stars, and sleepers, we could easily have a top 15 class on paper.

Barking 13
07-20-2015, 07:09 PM
I don't think we would limit Hill to just RB. I think by the time Hill gets in school his stature and skill set will be similar, yet more refined, to that of Malik Dear. He is only going into his Junior year of high school and is already probably over 210 pounds. I know he is listed as a RB but from the little bit of BDC that I saw, he looked like possibly the best receiver on the field. Even if he is used exclusively as a RB, we know that Mullen likes to split the RB out wide to open up the line of scrimmage for QB runs, in this case Hill could be a match up nightmare and extremely dangerous.

ala Harvin

drummerdawg
07-20-2015, 07:24 PM
I might be making this up but I thought Turner was recruited as a DB but when he got to school we couldn't keep the ball out of his hands. Either way they were both big recruits but not at the level of Hill and Akers, they will both be top 10 RB's nationally and around top 50ish overall. If the dominos fall our way, 2017 could be our best recruiting class ever. There is probably 10-12 legitimate 4/5 star recruits in Mississippi for the class of 2017. if Mullen can get his usual 70ish% of the top in state prospects and add a few 4 star type prospects from Louisiana/Alabama to go along with our usual group of JUCO's, solid 3-stars, and sleepers, we could easily have a top 15 class on paper.

Norwood was a 5* and rivals had him as a top 3 RB.

Todd4State
07-21-2015, 12:28 AM
I just saw where Akers got invited to the Army AA Game.

Todd4State
07-21-2015, 12:30 AM

2017 definitely has a chance to be Dan's best in terms of recruiting web site opinion.

sbcmortgageman
07-21-2015, 04:44 AM
Cam will sign with State. He'll enjoy the process but we will win out.

War Machine Dawg
07-21-2015, 09:24 AM

It's not a big deal. Personally, I think switching the ball is overrated. As long as you don't fumble, it's not a big deal. Emmitt Smith carried the ball exclusively in his right hand, for example. Just do whatever works and the kid is comfortable doing.

War Machine Dawg
07-21-2015, 09:26 AM
Hill is the best MS HS RB prospect since Dontae Walker

We all know how that worked out for us last time....
http://i.imgur.com/1pZJNJb.gif