PDA

View Full Version : UNM posters implying that Nero Nelson didn't have a commitable offer to the Bears.

dawgclub99
07-18-2015, 08:35 PM
LMAO. They miss out on a top in-state recruit and use the OL "we didn't want him anyway" routine. Can't wait to reel in Simmons, Lashley and Knott to break their backs.

Todd4State
07-18-2015, 08:37 PM
That's always been a dumb excuse to me because whether they know it or not, it makes their coaches sound like they can't evaluate talent and are idiots.

MetEdDawg
07-18-2015, 08:53 PM
That's always been a dumb excuse to me because whether they know it or not, it makes their coaches sound like they can't evaluate talent and are idiots.

This to me is the big thing. And to be honest what makes anyone think their coaches CAN evaluate talent? Anyone can chase after 5 stars. Getting them is impressive, but it's not hard to find those guys. But Freeze and company never in a million years would have had the balls or the skill to find and offer a McKinney, Dillon Day, Johnthan Banks, Bear Wilson, JT Gray, Justin Malone, Preston Smith, Ryan Brown, Chris Jones before he got 5 stars and was told by USM he couldn't play in C-USA, and on and on and on. How many times have they offered guys days or weeks after we offer them? It happens a lot.

Freeze and staff are just simply poor talent evaluators. Go look at the bottom of their classes and see who has ever made an impact. But go look at the bottom of our classes and you see guys that end up making solid contributions and turn into quality players and even NFL draft guys. That's where you build quality depth and sustain long term success. I still maintain we are one of, if not the best at pure talent evaluation in all of football.

Covercorner2
07-18-2015, 09:07 PM
This to me is the big thing. And to be honest what makes anyone think their coaches CAN evaluate talent? Anyone can chase after 5 stars. Getting them is impressive, but it's not hard to find those guys. But Freeze and company never in a million years would have had the balls or the skill to find and offer a McKinney, Dillon Day, Johnthan Banks, Bear Wilson, JT Gray, Justin Malone, Preston Smith, Ryan Brown, Chris Jones before he got 5 stars and was told by USM he couldn't play in C-USA, and on and on and on. How many times have they offered guys days or weeks after we offer them? It happens a lot.

Freeze and staff are just simply poor talent evaluators. Go look at the bottom of their classes and see who has ever made an impact. But go look at the bottom of our classes and you see guys that end up making solid contributions and turn into quality players and even NFL draft guys. That's where you build quality depth and sustain long term success. I still maintain we are one of, if not the best at pure talent evaluation in all of football.

Cool story, bro.

Jack Lambert
07-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Cool story, bro.

To add to the story, they lose five to seven scholarships to get those 5 stars by having to give scholarships to brothers and freinds to get them to sign.

It is a shame that four years in freeze has no QB and had to go JR College to get one and that five star QB out of Louisiana is going to the QB grave yard. I hope that red book bag had a lot of cash.

gravedigger
07-18-2015, 09:35 PM
LMAO. They miss out on a top in-state recruit and use the OL "we didn't want him anyway" routine. Can't wait to reel in Simmons, Lashley and Knott to break their backs.

What is a non commitable offer?

I get an offer.

I get "we didnt offer"

I dont get "we offered, but you cant have it"

Todd4State
07-18-2015, 10:32 PM
What is a non commitable offer?

I get an offer.

I get "we didnt offer"

I dont get "we offered, but you cant have it"

Based on how I understand it a non-commitable offer means "we're interested but you have some work to do to get the offer. Do x, y, and z, and then we'll offer you." Not sure if this is a good example or not, but I think Dillon Day might be a good example. I think he had to get to a certain weight and get his grades to a certain point for us to offer. Once he did, we offered. Gus Walley is another example. He had to get to a certain weight before Big Dawg Camp and obviously did.

mstatefan91
07-19-2015, 02:04 AM
Based on how I understand it a non-commitable offer means "we're interested but you have some work to do to get the offer. Do x, y, and z, and then we'll offer you." Not sure if this is a good example or not, but I think Dillon Day might be a good example. I think he had to get to a certain weight and get his grades to a certain point for us to offer. Once he did, we offered. Gus Walley is another example. He had to get to a certain weight before Big Dawg Camp and obviously did.

That or they offer the kid to walk on and earn a spot on the team.

fader2103
07-19-2015, 12:38 PM
Different recruiting year. Same ole excuses