PDA

View Full Version : Cigars

Uncle Ruckus
07-18-2015, 05:54 PM
A friend at work has got me on them recently on our down time. I'm probably smoking 1-2 a week at home and a good bit while I'm away for work. I've had everything from Cubans to $1 cheapos. I've taken to liking Nicaraguan tobacco I'm not picky seeing as I'm still inexperienced. Looking for some good suggestions for inexpensive ones to take to work. I usually smoke Obsidian when I'm home since I've found that I really like them. The local tobacco stores selection is kind of overwhelming when I go in and I don't want to buy something that's a waste of money. Just looking for some good, inexpensive non-flavored smokes. What's out there?

BrunswickDawg
07-18-2015, 06:28 PM
I am partial to Partagas, and real Cuban Cohibas. My favorite ever was a no-name box from the Canary Islands that I picked up at the airport on Tenerife on my way back to the states. It was $15, and smooth as Cohibas.

BeastMan
07-18-2015, 07:01 PM
I just dabble here and there. I'm a rookie in the truest sense but I enjoy a good smoke. Today I had an unholy punch. It's a $5 stick so nothing premium but I enjoyed it.

BrunswickDawg
07-18-2015, 07:11 PM
Cigars are a lot like wine. The chef that taught Wine Appreciation when I was at State said "it doesn't matter if it is a bottle of Dom Perignion or a screw top of Boones Farm - if you like it drink it. I've always taken that approach to wine and cigars.

Uncle Ruckus
07-18-2015, 07:42 PM
I agree wholeheartedly. If I find a $.50 cigar I like ill smoke the hell out of it. My intention is to find such a cigar so that I can save money. I'll smoke 1-2 a day while I'm at work so that's 28-56 cigars a month.

BrunswickDawg
07-19-2015, 04:50 PM
My dad smokes wood tip Hav-a-Tampas as his daily "go to". I shit you not. I think I'd rather smoke clove cigarettes than those, and those are shit. His reasoning is "I've smoked so much over the years, I can't tell much of a difference anyway".

FISHDAWG
07-20-2015, 01:41 PM
Cuban Montecristo .... wont be long now that they just raised the Cuban flag at the State Dept & the new Cuban embassy in DC

BeardoMSU
07-20-2015, 05:40 PM
AVO Connecticut wrapper. My fav.

http://www.amishshop.com/hazel-doc/imageamish2008/avo2classicbox.jpg

BulldogtheMS
07-25-2015, 09:07 PM
Cuban Montecristo .... wont be long now that they just raised the Cuban flag at the State Dept & the new Cuban embassy in DC

Without a doubt... A #4 or #2 to be more precise.