PDA

View Full Version : you think that Bama and Auburn are the most hated Rivals?

shannondawg
07-18-2015, 10:39 AM
Finebaum touched on it yesterday and a Mizzou caller in and brought up the Mizzou-Ku rivalary. Finebaum agreed with him after being out there several times.

I told my Mizzou friend about the conversation yesterday in an email and this is the reply I got.

"Actually, the final trigger for starting the civil war was all right here at the border between Kansas and Missouri. Kansas was a "Free State" and Missouri was a "Slave State". The Jayhawkers, as they were know then and the reason for the ku mascot now, came across the state line into Missouri and killed a whole bunch of men, women and children. This prompted the retaliation by William Clark Quantrill and his band known as Quantrill's Raiders to burn the town of Lawrence, Kansas completely to the ground and killing men, women and children. I personally think that one of us should burn the town to the ground again but that is for another time.

When MU and KU met each year in Kansas City, MISSOURI at Arrowhead Stadium, where the Chiefs play, you would see a whole bunch of black flags flying from really tall masts with a gold "Q" on them in honor of Quantrill and to let the fu#king Jayhawkers know that we were there to burn them down again. They gave these games as well as all other sports meetings between Mizzou and that "college" on the Kaw River in Lawrence, Kansas the name of the "Border War" until some fuking liberal (ku alum, I'm sure) thought it wasn't politically correct enouGH and they changed it to the Border Showdown. ku never won one trophy--we won every one of them. They got all types of pissed off when we left the little twelve, minus two and joined the SEC. They won't play us now in any sport. It was pretty funny this past year when the NCAA put them in the same championship

regional for women's softball. We hosted the regional in Columbia and they HAD to travel there to get their asses kicked by our ladies. The stadium was extra full that day for that game. We all loved sending the "gayhawks", "yellowbeaks" or "beakers" as we refer to them back home crying to their mommies.

When Norm Stewart was the head basketball coach at Mizzou and MU had to travel to Lawrence, KS for a game, he would always have the team bus driver fill up with fuel in Missouri before crossing into Kansas and the team always stayed at a hotel in Kansas City, Missouri. They ate all of there meals on the Missouri side of the line as well. He didn't want anybody in Kansas to make one penny off of Mizzou or any sales tax or gas tax money go to ku. He is still treated as a god by Mizzou fans.

I absolutely hate the bastards!! If a person with anything ku or jayhawk on it wants into my lane of traffic, I cut the SOB off and prevent it from happening. The ku/MU rivalry is the oldest football rivalry West of the Mississippi River. Hope they all eat shit and die.

Stars and Bars Forever!!!!!!!!"

scottycameron
07-18-2015, 10:53 AM
well, newfound respect for Mizzou. Who would have thunk it? I now officially hate KU after a lifetime of just not liking them. Of all the prick schools around us we have to play we don't have anything like that.

RDawg90
07-18-2015, 11:05 AM
For me, Alabama/Auburn, Michigan/Ohio State, and North Carolina/Duke basketball are all far bigger than Mizzou/Kansas. The three aforementioned rivalries play for titles and individual awards… Aside from when Mangino and Pinkel battled in Arrowhead as two top 3 teams, I can't off the top of my head, remember that game deciding much in any sport.

TUSK
07-18-2015, 11:48 AM
Finebaum touched on it yesterday and a Mizzou caller in and brought up the Mizzou-Ku rivalary. Finebaum agreed with him after being out there several times.

I told my Mizzou friend about the conversation yesterday in an email and this is the reply I got.

"Actually, the final trigger for starting the civil war was all right here at the border between Kansas and Missouri. Kansas was a "Free State" and Missouri was a "Slave State". The Jayhawkers, as they were know then and the reason for the ku mascot now, came across the state line into Missouri and killed a whole bunch of men, women and children. This prompted the retaliation by William Clark Quantrill and his band known as Quantrill's Raiders to burn the town of Lawrence, Kansas completely to the ground and killing men, women and children. I personally think that one of us should burn the town to the ground again but that is for another time.

When MU and KU met each year in Kansas City, MISSOURI at Arrowhead Stadium, where the Chiefs play, you would see a whole bunch of black flags flying from really tall masts with a gold "Q" on them in honor of Quantrill and to let the fu#king Jayhawkers know that we were there to burn them down again. They gave these games as well as all other sports meetings between Mizzou and that "college" on the Kaw River in Lawrence, Kansas the name of the "Border War" until some fuking liberal (ku alum, I'm sure) thought it wasn't politically correct enouGH and they changed it to the Border Showdown. ku never won one trophy--we won every one of them. They got all types of pissed off when we left the little twelve, minus two and joined the SEC. They won't play us now in any sport. It was pretty funny this past year when the NCAA put them in the same championship

regional for women's softball. We hosted the regional in Columbia and they HAD to travel there to get their asses kicked by our ladies. The stadium was extra full that day for that game. We all loved sending the "gayhawks", "yellowbeaks" or "beakers" as we refer to them back home crying to their mommies.

When Norm Stewart was the head basketball coach at Mizzou and MU had to travel to Lawrence, KS for a game, he would always have the team bus driver fill up with fuel in Missouri before crossing into Kansas and the team always stayed at a hotel in Kansas City, Missouri. They ate all of there meals on the Missouri side of the line as well. He didn't want anybody in Kansas to make one penny off of Mizzou or any sales tax or gas tax money go to ku. He is still treated as a god by Mizzou fans.

I absolutely hate the bastards!! If a person with anything ku or jayhawk on it wants into my lane of traffic, I cut the SOB off and prevent it from happening. The ku/MU rivalry is the oldest football rivalry West of the Mississippi River. Hope they all eat shit and die.

Stars and Bars Forever!!!!!!!!"

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6USZ4E1nV3Rq2L2ozRHJLHE-d4hmM3wzl5Np9KHASKc5wkqaaeA

5 Star
07-18-2015, 11:58 AM
This sort of thing is what rivalries are all about in my mind - hatred. Not just who's playing for a championship. Sure, there are different types of rivalries, but the ones where there is virtually no respect (typically instate games) are the ones that should be played on rivalry weekend after Thanksgiving. The ones where fights break out and stuff. There is something different about those games.

Alabama/Auburn is just one of those rare instances where they have it all - tradition/instate hate/something on the line (usually). Perfect storm, and that's why it's typically considered the best.

KU/Mizzou should ABSOLUTELY be played on rivalry weekend, just like Michigan/Ohio State. Some out-of-state rivalries have more hate than the instate, and those are two of them. Texas and Texas A&M should be ashamed that they aren't playing each other too. I'm also glad Kentucky and Louisville started playing each other as well. West Virginia/Pitt is another than should resume. Or Penn State/Pitt could be better, but that's before my time.

Smitty
07-18-2015, 12:05 PM
Id put ours up there with most. It's just not as widely known nationwide.

Rivalries aren't based on how much everyone knows about them.

RBritt
07-18-2015, 12:08 PM
So the Jayhawkers are terrorists? It's amazing that they torched the whole town to the ground. Never knew it was that bad.

RDawg90
07-18-2015, 12:26 PM
Id put ours up there with most. It's just not as widely known nationwide.

Rivalries aren't based on how much everyone knows about them.

The Last 4-5 years (And Dan Mullen really) have taken the rivalry to a whole new level. I've lived in Mississippi my entire life, and the last 3 Egg Bowls have been as hostile/edgy/volatile as I have ever seen.

BulldogBear
07-18-2015, 01:31 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT6USZ4E1nV3Rq2L2ozRHJLHE-d4hmM3wzl5Np9KHASKc5wkqaaeA
Can't decide if you are yawning or crying

Heheh

TUSK
07-18-2015, 01:37 PM
Can't decide if you are yawning or crying

Heheh

I laughed.

Supposed to be a "yawn"...

Joe Schmedlap
07-18-2015, 01:49 PM
I work with an arse kissing Jayhawk that I've never cared much for. Now I see that my lack of respect for the sniveling bastard may be supported by history, lol.

bluelightstar
07-18-2015, 02:50 PM
That's not healthy

TUSK
07-18-2015, 03:05 PM
That's not healthy

B'Star, you oughta do some research on the Iron Bowl...

You wanna talk about "not healthy"?.... it's batshlt nuts...