PDA

View Full Version : Paging Dawgs61:

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 11:02 PM
We're about a month away from EPL action. You down to do a re-draft for us? I got stuck with Hull last season, who got relegated after being decimated with injuries. Hopefully I could score a nice middle of the pack side this year. I know a bunch of us from last season are all looking forward to doing it again this year.

TheRef
07-17-2015, 11:08 PM
I REALLY hope I get Leicester City again. Loved following this club all season. We got a former Chelsea manager.

DawgHouseUnited
07-18-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm game. I enjoyed the following & I still have a ton of twitter accts that I follow thanks to doing it last year. Loved having Southampton.

Dawg61
07-18-2015, 04:45 AM
Ha I think it's awesome that some of y'all took to it better than I did. I got caught up in MSU football and didn't have enough time to follow Tottenheim. I didn't really care for them tbh. Glad y'all did for your clubs though.

shannondawg
07-18-2015, 06:23 AM
Thank goodness for Google.

Tbonewannabe
07-18-2015, 07:49 AM
I had Burnley but ended up watching Arsenal. I just liked the way they played.

dickiedawg
07-18-2015, 09:32 AM
I REALLY hope I get Leicester City again. Loved following this club all season. We got a former Chelsea manager.

I'm with you. The last couple months of the season were fun, fun, fun. Leicester til I die.

UMCDawg16
07-18-2015, 09:43 AM
I'm in this year.

CadaverDawg
07-18-2015, 09:48 AM
Ha I think it's awesome that some of y'all took to it better than I did. I got caught up in MSU football and didn't have enough time to follow Tottenheim. I didn't really care for them tbh. Glad y'all did for your clubs though.

I was the same way. Id love to try it again though. I'm in, and I'm in favor of new teams

BulldogDX55
07-18-2015, 09:51 AM
I'd say let people keep their old team if they specifically say it, and everyone else reaches back into the grab bag. I was with WMD as the other Hull guy, so my team was relegated. I really liked the team and the fans on their board were really nice, but I'll need a new one now that they've dropped.

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2015, 11:09 AM
I'd say let people keep their old team if they specifically say it, and everyone else reaches back into the grab bag. I was with WMD as the other Hull guy, so my team was relegated. I really liked the team and the fans on their board were really nice, but I'll need a new one now that they've dropped.

+1

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2015, 11:11 AM

So, does that mean you're game for a re-draft? And I agree with DX55, if people loved their teams and want to keep them, let 'em. Only re-draft for those who want new teams. Part of the point was to help the newbies amongst try to find teams they enjoyed following, so it sounds like mission accomplished in at least a few cases.

Dawg61
07-18-2015, 12:46 PM
So, does that mean you're game for a re-draft? And I agree with DX55, if people loved their teams and want to keep them, let 'em. Only re-draft for those who want new teams. Part of the point was to help the newbies amongst try to find teams they enjoyed following, so it sounds like mission accomplished in at least a few cases.

Sure we can do a redraft. You said it's a month till the season starts right? Posters that want a team have two weeks roughly to speak up and then we'll draft.

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2015, 01:00 PM
I obviously already have a team, drafted or not. I did pick up another one over the summer though. I spent a few days in Norwich back in May and fell in love with the place. I met a fan or two and was actually in Norwich during to the run up to the second leg against Ipswich in the playoff. We could hear them singing their songs in the pub next door to where we were staying. We drove by Carrow Road about 4 hours prior to kick off on our way out of town. The fans were just beginning to arrive. Cool stuff.

TheRef
07-18-2015, 01:08 PM
Sure we can do a redraft. You said it's a month till the season starts right? Posters that want a team have two weeks roughly to speak up and then we'll draft.

I'll stick with my Foxes this season. New Manager could bring some interesting changes this season.

Brad Stevens
07-18-2015, 02:05 PM
I'll gladly keep Man City.

BulldogDX55
07-18-2015, 02:38 PM

I'm in on the redraft.

mstatefan91
07-18-2015, 03:33 PM
Redraw me. Aston Villa was painful to watch

War Machine Dawg
07-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Redraw for me too, obviously.

Dawgowar
07-18-2015, 07:20 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RI3KlzJ-YMs

I will follow along but I can't support another team aside from United. They are the reason I came back to this sport. Will participate in the conversation but not interested in trying to follow another club I can't support.

Liverpool Dog - have you seen the 'Deluded Brendan Rogers' Twitter account? Freaking hysterical. Even my Liverpool friends like it. The Angry Di Maria isn't bad. Zlatan Facts as well. Just thought you might enjoy.

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Been a Liverpool fan since I first saw Robbie Fowler and Stan Collymore on a high light show back in 1994 or so. Anyone that supports United in the US is the equivalent of a Bammer. If you were from England you would most likely live in Surrey. Real people from MANCHESTER support City, god help them. As for fans of the London Russians........................well. The Gooners are a real English team. If they can't be REAL Reds then better a gooner than a devil.

Dawgowar
07-18-2015, 10:32 PM
Been a Liverpool fan since I first saw Robbie Fowler and Stan Collymore on a high light show back in 1994 or so. Anyone that supports United in the US is the equivalent of a Bammer. If you were from England you would most likely live in Surrey. Real people from MANCHESTER support City, god help them. As for fans of the London Russians........................well. The Gooners are a real English team. If they can't be REAL Reds then better a gooner than a devil.

Know the demographic layout well. It was simple. At the time I picked them we had a Croom. Decided I was going to pick an organization that didn't suck or make me throw objects at the television. Little did I know at the time you end up doing that anyway.

Why do pigeons fly upside down over Liverpool?
Because there is nothing worth shitting on

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2015, 10:36 PM
Know the demographic layout well. It was simple. At the time I picked them we had a Croom. Decided I was going to pick an organization that didn't suck or make me throw objects at the television. Little did I know at the time you end up doing that anyway.

Why do pigeons fly upside down over Liverpool?
Because there is nothing worth shitting on
Plenty worth shitting on...........................as long as it's wearing
BLUE. I've been there. Make sure the pigeons are accurate,
Stanley Park isn't THAT big.

Dawgowar
07-18-2015, 10:43 PM
LOL. Might make Stevie G slip on the job.

Look forward to the season. Seriously check that fake Twitter account out. Has Rogers negotiating with Tesco for players.

DudyDawg
07-19-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm down for a redraft. Hopefully I'll be able to get someone who stays up while I keep pumping my Madrid/La Liga love ha