PDA

View Full Version : Regarding OM investigation....

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-17-2015, 08:19 PM
Just a tidbit that I ran across. I have been doing some research trying to see what I can find out about the NCAA enforcement staff. I have seen dozens of posts by all of you saying nothing is going to come of this due to the NCAA and their lack of enforcement in the recent past. One thing I wanted to see is, what has changed over the past couple of years. I don't want to get into a long diatribe of what I have found so far, mainly because I am not satisfied that I have found out everything that is out there, but one thing I want to point out at this time is this.....and I'll attach the article it came from for you to read.

But if you remember back to the Mirando situation....if that happened today, Mullen would be held responsible. And I quote.

A high school coach of a former Washington recruit told the Seattle Times he was speaking to the NCAA about alleged improprieties by former UW assistant Tosh Lupoi. Lupoi, according to the coach, paid $4,500 for tutoring sessions for the recruit. The player did not qualify academically.

If Lupoi is found to have been involved, that could lead to a suspension of former Huskies' head coach Steve Sarkisian (now at USC). New penalty guidelines that went in effect Aug. 1 place more blame on the head coach if it is found an assistant committed NCAA violations.

My point in saying this....if an assistant is involved with any of the allegations that Tunsil's dad brings out and can prove....the right Rev may have his white garment of purity stained.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/writer/dennis-dodd/24416201/miamis-over-washington-looms-is-ncaa-enforcement-boss-near-end

And my current feeling on the situation after having done the little looking into this that I have....basically there's a new sheriff in town at the NCAA....if he wants to make a statement in all of this, he certainly will have his chance if the findings bear out. (bear out...no pun intended)

Also, the guy who interviewed Tunsil's dad, and apparently the lead on this case.....former compliance officer at LSU. Any lost love there....I'm not sure.

Dawgowar
07-17-2015, 08:34 PM
I would contend that punishing coaches, which I am in favor of, is a good thing, it is a bit of smoke and mirrors. It distracts from the fact that they still have not dropped the hammer on an athletic program in forever. UNC case nearing the end so we shall see. Punishing employees of the institution is proper but the institution itself should also bear the larger responsibility due to its lack of oversight.

None of this will go fast. That alone is a punishment unto itself. Especially given the way they do business in recruiting. The waiting and rumors will eat them alive. Nothing really matter though until they get the first letter. And when they do, since they love sharks so much. I think this should be playing during the press conference....nice and cheesy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGFZUnJgqU

Jack Lambert
07-17-2015, 08:37 PM
Those arogant SOB's bought themselves rings for a bowl game they lost. The NCAA should drop the hammer on them just for being so Ole Miss.

Lumpy Chucklelips
07-18-2015, 10:00 PM
It distracts from the fact that they still have not dropped the hammer on an athletic program in forever. UNC case nearing the end so we shall see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiGFZUnJgqU

This is what everyone is overlooking. The folks that have been running the enforcement side of things the past several years are no longer there; thus my reference to a new sheriff in town. The last head of enforcement was fired for her incompetence and bumbling of the Miami case. The North Carolina situation, one that has been made public, if concluded before the Northern Mississippi case, will let us know what this new regime will be like. Since North Carolina, the NCAA has said up to 20 other schools are being looked at with academic fraud.

If this new head of enforcement wants to make a splash, he will certainly have the opportunity to with the Tunsil situation, if they can dig up things.

And as I alluded to, if an assistant is proven to have been involved, then Freezus will be held responsible whether he knew anything or not.

blacklistedbully
07-19-2015, 12:19 PM
Another thing I find interesting, and perhaps over-looked is that in Miller's initial report to police he claimed he told Tunsil's mom what Tunsil was doing was, "stupid", and that she them ran outside to get Laremy, who them came inside and beat him.

Tunsil's initial account was that Miller, "shoved" his mom, prompting Laremy to, "defend" his mother by getting physical with Miller. But, when under oath, Tunsil's mom said this incident was another where Miller, "cussed at her and got physical with her son".

Anybody notice how the initial accusation of Miller being the one to get, "physical" first got changed? As far as I know, it's not legal or even justified for Tunsil to physically attack Miller in response to Miller,"cussing at" his own wife.

I also find it hard to take seriously their suggestion that a 53-yr-old Miller decided to get physical with future NFL O-lineman, young stud Laremy.

Also, part of Laremy's account of the incident is that Miller also threw punches, as if that's some mitigating factor. What, is the old man not supposed to try to defend himself at all? Is it no longer considered assault if the victim attempts to fight back?