PDA

View Full Version : Writer says MSU is 5th most disrespected program in college football

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2015, 04:18 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25243625/friday-five-the-most-disrespected-programs-in-college-football

I guess it's nice to see that some people, outside of our fan base, actually realize this as well

Barking 13
07-17-2015, 04:22 PM
Some either get it, or are starting to have that, "now wait a minute" moment....

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2015, 04:31 PM
Good list, but I'd replace TCU with BYU.

Mizzou is definitely the most disrespected program in recent memory, IMO. But I do feel like we'd be having the same kind of success as them if we were in the East though.

Bothrops
07-17-2015, 04:42 PM
I agree on all the teams mentioned there. But with our talent, I'd move us to 2nd or 3rd for sure.

TXDawg
07-17-2015, 05:31 PM
I'm a firm believer that this disrespect is mostly good for us. I love being the underdog and our team certainly plays better with a chip on their shoulder.

However, there is one thing that bothers me about this disrespect. If we were ranked in the preseason Top 15 where we likely belong, there's a string chance that College Gameday would be on campus in week 2 (LSU will likely be a preseason Top 10). As it stands, we'll probably be unranked and therefore won't stand a chance of hosting Gameday.

For that reason alone, I call BS.

Leroy Jenkins
07-17-2015, 05:44 PM
I'm a firm believer that this disrespect is mostly good for us. I love being the underdog and our team certainly plays better with a chip on their shoulder.

However, there is one thing that bothers me about this disrespect. If we were ranked in the preseason Top 15 where we likely belong, there's a string chance that College Gameday would be on campus in week 2 (LSU will likely be a preseason Top 10). As it stands, we'll probably be unranked and therefore won't stand a chance of hosting Gameday.

For that reason alone, I call BS.

What competition do we have for GD in week 2? Ten-er-cee vs OU?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/2

blacklistedbully
07-17-2015, 05:48 PM
That UCLA dude seems to have a vendetta against us. What an asshole.

PMDawg
07-17-2015, 05:52 PM
What competition do we have for GD in week 2? Ten-er-cee vs OU?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/2

GD is 100% going to be at TN/OU. Already being billed as a huge game for both programs.

TUSK
07-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Damn.... only ranked 5th????

Now, that is a lack of respect!

scottycameron
07-17-2015, 07:58 PM
GD is 100% going to be at TN/OU. Already being billed as a huge game for both programs.

That's true. It's a size em up game, a lets see where everybody actually stands game and it's power 5 OOC.

Here's what I'm wondering…. anything to the scuttlebutt that GD won't come back to MSU (or OM) b/c of this flag BS? I say it's crap but knowing how disgustingly PC Espn/abc is (only queers win courage awards) it would not shock me one bit.

Smitty
07-17-2015, 08:03 PM
That's true. It's a size em up game, a lets see where everybody actually stands game and it's power 5 OOC.

Here's what I'm wondering…. anything to the scuttlebutt that GD won't come back to MSU (or OM) b/c of this flag BS? I say it's crap but knowing how disgustingly PC Espn/abc is (only queers win courage awards) it would not shock me one bit.

Wait till a playoff committee member makes a "brave stand" by not including us because of the flag. You think it can't happen..... ESPN is Bernie Sanders on the spectrum.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 08:06 PM

Here's what I'm wondering?. anything to the scuttlebutt that GD won't come back to MSU (or OM) b/c of this flag BS? I say it's crap but knowing how disgustingly PC Espn/abc is (only queers win courage awards) it would not shock me one bit.

Shit. You are a piece of shit. Please, for the sake of all that is good and decent, censor yourself. God. I hate that you are a State fan. Just stop. Shit.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 08:15 PM
Shit. You are a piece of shit. Please, for the sake of all that is good and decent, censor yourself. God. I hate that you are a State fan. Just stop. Shit.

Haha put down the whiskey, grandpa. It ain't for everybody.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 08:27 PM
Haha put down the whiskey, grandpa. It ain't for everybody.

Well, I am old. And fat. And I am drinking whiskey. But, damn, did you read what that dude said? Makes us all look bad. Hate for my beloved alma mater to be associated with stupid people.

Smitty
07-17-2015, 08:30 PM
Well, I am old. And fat. And I am drinking whiskey. But, damn, did you read what that dude said? Makes us all look bad. Hate for my beloved alma mater to be associated with stupid people.

He did use the wrong letter in the LGBTQ arrangement but the T is only one letter off to be fair. An honest mistake. Should have said trannies instead of queers.

But then it is hard to keep up nowadays, nothing to get THAT outraged about.

TUSK
07-17-2015, 08:36 PM
Please don't stop this thread, guys....

I'm about to mix a drink.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 08:38 PM
He did use the wrong letter in the LGBTQ arrangement but the T is only one letter off to be fair. An honest mistake. Should have said trannies instead of queers.

But then it is hard to keep up nowadays, nothing to get THAT outraged about.

Yeah, it is something to get that outraged about. If you don't see the shittiness of his post, I can't help you. I just want to make it clear to the ED readers that he isn't representative of MSU fans.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 08:40 PM
Please don't stop this thread, guys....

I'm about to mix a drink.

Ha. Excellent! I'll hold up my end of the bargain for you.

TUSK
07-17-2015, 08:41 PM
Ha. Excellent! I'll hold up my end of the bargain for you.

I'm old, scrawny, and drankin' whiskey...

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 08:57 PM

So I guess you want to start flying a rainbow flag on the drill field now? Get over you tranny sensitivity, Francis.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 09:00 PM
I just want to make it clear to the ED readers that he isn't representative of MSU fans.

I bet he represents a majority of the MSU fan base, the majority is Christian.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 09:11 PM
I bet he represents a majority of the MSU fan base, the majority is Christian.

The fact that you label his comment "Christian" speaks volumes regarding the current state of Evangelical Christian community. Point me to the scripture for me where Jesus is a jackass. I'm a graduate of a Southern Baptist seminary and an ordained Baptist minister. Hate is not a Christian value. This dude's comments were way out of line. Sad that others can't see that. Shit. Yep, I'm an ordained minister that calls shitty behavior out. And cusses.

OldFatDog
07-17-2015, 09:13 PM
I'm old, scrawny, and drankin' whiskey...

How's the whiskey going down, Tusk?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 09:42 PM
The fact that you label his comment "Christian" speaks volumes regarding the current state of Evangelical Christian community. Point me to the scripture for me where Jesus is a jackass. I'm a graduate of a Southern Baptist seminary and an ordained Baptist minister. Hate is not a Christian value. This dude's comments were way out of line. Sad that others can't see that. Shit. Yep, I'm an ordained minister that calls shitty behavior out. And cusses.

Why do you take 2 baptist fishing with you? If you only took one, he'd drink all your beer.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 09:50 PM
Point me to the scripture for me where Jesus is a jackass.

Not Jesus, but will this do? If standing up for something you feel is wrong and goes against your beliefs makes me a jackass then 1392

Leviticus 18:22 - Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it [is] abomination.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11 - Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

Mutt the Hoople
07-17-2015, 10:12 PM
Point me to the scripture for me where Jesus is a jackass.
Apparently, you think Jesus was a *****.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean."
http://s3.amazonaws.com/churchplantmedia-cms/hutto_bible_church/what-would-jesus-do-whip-and-flip-tables.jpg

mparkerfd20
07-17-2015, 11:00 PM

I'm sorry you are attracted to Bruce Jenner.

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2015, 11:03 PM
Last warning. Giving it one more chance and dont want to delete posts but dont want to kill it by moving to the political board either.

Keep it to the original topic.

TUSK
07-17-2015, 11:07 PM
How's the whiskey going down, Tusk?

I'm here, buddy.... just got distracted a while....

(Beam & Coke)

TUSK
07-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Last warning. Giving it one more chance and dont want to delete posts but dont want to kill it by moving to the political board either.

Keep it to the original topic.

Scooba, am I missing something, just drunk.... Both?

How'd this digress????

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Yeah, it is something to get that outraged about. If you don't see the shittiness of his post, I can't help you. I just want to make it clear to the ED readers that he isn't representative of MSU fans.

I'd say he's representative of a vast majority of the country. There was a time when these people were called what they are: mentally ill. Now they're celebrated as "courageous." We've gotten the cart ahead of the horse.

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 11:21 PM
Apparently, you think Jesus was a *****.
"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You are like whitewashed tombs, which look beautiful on the outside but on the inside are full of the bones of the dead and everything unclean."
http://s3.amazonaws.com/churchplantmedia-cms/hutto_bible_church/what-would-jesus-do-whip-and-flip-tables.jpg

That never fails to make me laugh. There's a reason the Jewish leaders all conspired to have Jesus murdered. And it wasn't because they thought he approved of their behavior.

OldFatDog
07-18-2015, 09:51 AM
Here's what I'm wondering?. anything to the scuttlebutt that GD won't come back to MSU (or OM) b/c of this flag BS? I say it's crap but knowing how disgustingly PC Espn/abc is (only queers win courage awards) it would not shock me one bit.[/QUOTE]

MSU football does not get the respect that it should. That can be a good thing, the old chip on the shoulder thing and all.

Forty percent of transgendered youth attemp suicide. Comments such as ScottyCameron's and the defense of such comments are damaging and have real consequences. As a minister and as a licensed professional counselor I have had the privilege of walking with individuals and families that have been significantly harmed by these hateful attitudes. This thread demonstrates the courage of Caitlyn Jenner, a courage that stands in stark contrast to the cowardice of ScottyCameron and his ilk. I am hopeful that her courage will help those transgendered people that love in constant pain and danger.

OldFatDog
07-18-2015, 09:54 AM

Here's what I'm wondering?. anything to the scuttlebutt that GD won't come back to MSU (or OM) b/c of this flag BS? I say it's crap but knowing how disgustingly PC Espn/abc is (only queers win courage awards) it would not shock me one bit.

MSU football does not get the respect that it should. That can be a good thing, the old chip on the shoulder thing and all.

Forty percent of transgendered youth attemp suicide. Comments such as ScottyCameron's and the defense of such comments are damaging and have real consequences. As a minister and as a licensed professional counselor I have had the privilege of walking with individuals and families that have been significantly harmed by these hateful attitudes. This thread demonstrates the courage of Caitlyn Jenner, a courage that stands in stark contrast to the cowardice of ScottyCameron and his ilk. I am hopeful that her courage will help those transgendered people that love in constant pain and danger.

Liverpooldawg
07-18-2015, 10:14 AM
Kill this thread.