PDA

View Full Version : Latest Tunsil rumor

Coach34
07-17-2015, 08:05 AM
it's getting bad when even my Bearshark buddies are starting to worry. Said Tunsil's stepdad was flown to Indianapolis this week to visit with the NCAA again. The #Network tried to buy Miller off before the last NCAA meeting and he gave them a big F.U. It's become personal between him and Freezus. Miller wants to burn the campus down.

Supposedly a church in Oxford has been paying the Tunsil family's house note. Ask God to provide eh Freezus?

Ive become cautiously optimistic the NCAA may actually do something this time. Go Miller Go!!!!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-17-2015, 08:08 AM
It's MILLER TIME!

FISHDAWG
07-17-2015, 08:08 AM
"IT" is almost here

MetEdDawg
07-17-2015, 08:15 AM
it's getting bad when even my Bearshark buddies are starting to worry. Said Tunsil's stepdad was flown to Indianapolis this week to visit with the NCAA again. The #Network tried to buy Miller off before the last NCAA meeting and he gave them a big F.U. It's become personal between him and Freezus. Miller wants to burn the campus down.

Supposedly a church in Oxford has been paying the Tunsil family's house note. Ask God to provide eh Freezus?

Ive become cautiously optimistic the NCAA may actually do something this time. Go Miller Go!!!!

If this is all true, here's what I see/wonder. If Miller knows the church paying the house, can/will the NCAA pull CHURCH bank records to match payments of that nature? Is that something the NCAA would even dare to do?

And as long as this stays personal, it's got a chance to go somewhere. That's the only chance anything has every had of burning this thing down is a personal vendetta against the Network. If it stays that way, this thing has a chance to blow up.

archdog
07-17-2015, 08:16 AM

If it is true about the church, wonder what the members thing and the IRS?

Coach34
07-17-2015, 08:19 AM
If this is all true, here's what I see/wonder. If Miller knows the church paying the house, can/will the NCAA pull CHURCH bank records to match payments of that nature? Is that something the NCAA would even dare to do?

And as long as this stays personal, it's got a chance to go somewhere. That's the only chance anything has every had of burning this thing down is a personal vendetta against the Network. If it stays that way, this thing has a chance to blow up.

NCAA doesn't have that power. But they can ask for Mrs Tunsil's financial's where she has to prove she is paying her rent and how she affords it. Plus whatever else Miller fills them in on. Could get interesting

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2015, 08:19 AM

That could be an interesting caveat. I'm not sure the NCAA would have to, though. Miller has told them how they are affording a house they otherwise couldn't. All they have to do is ask mama Tunsil to show where she paid for the house and the means by which she acquired those funds. If she can't, or won't, then by default I think they have to go with Miller's story since he would have knowledge of the situation.

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2015, 08:20 AM
This just another in a long line of EliteDawg rumors showing our obsession*****
#MSUMafia hits again

MetEdDawg
07-17-2015, 08:22 AM
NCAA doesn't have that power. But they can ask for Mrs Tunsil's financial's where she has to prove she is paying her rent and how she affords it. Plus whatever else Miller fills them in on. Could get interesting

Yeah I didn't think they could go that far. My only concern here is what is provable? What can Miller prove and maybe more importantly, have the NCAA verify?

They will have to pull Mama Tunsil's records and I would assume Miller has given the NCAA everything they could want as far as his records go. But if Mama Tunsil refuses to disclose her bank records, I don't think the NCAA can do anything about it can they?

Seems like we've still got a little ways to go, but the fact that Miller has made this personal gives this thing legs. If in fact they've tried to pay him off once and he said screw you, we've crossed an important threshold. Not buyable and looking for blood. That's what this situation needed to blow it up.

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2015, 08:25 AM
Yeah I didn't think they could go that far. My only concern here is what is provable? What can Miller prove and maybe more importantly, have the NCAA verify?

They will have to pull Mama Tunsil's records and I would assume Miller has given the NCAA everything they could want as far as his records go. But if Mama Tunsil refuses to disclose her bank records, I don't think the NCAA can do anything about it can they?
Renardo Sidney says yes they can.

Coach34
07-17-2015, 08:28 AM

Seems like we've still got a little ways to go, but the fact that Miller has made this personal gives this thing legs. If in fact they've tried to pay him off once and he said screw you, we've crossed an important threshold. Not buyable and looking for blood. That's what this situation needed to blow it up.

If Mama Tunsil refuses- Laremy is done playing college football

MetEdDawg
07-17-2015, 08:32 AM
If Mama Tunsil refuses- Laremy is done playing college football

That would be my guess too. It seems to me if Miller continues to press this, Tunsil has something done to him. I just can't imagine something not happening with Miller spilling everything to them.

I have to believe this reaches a threshold between minor and major and if the NCAA can get in and see the web that OM created in this situation, it could turn major in a hurry, especially if they find lack of institutional control or find evidence Freeze was involved. I will be stunned if Tunsil plays game 1 and we probably won't know that until game day unless the NCAA breaks something between now and then. But I think we've reached the point that the NCAA probably has enough to do something minor here. But what more can they get and prove and/or tie back to OM. That would tip this to a major violation and OM would be in serious trouble.

coastratdog
07-17-2015, 08:33 AM
If their bank/financial records are held jointly then Miller can give them everything.

messageboardsuperhero
07-17-2015, 08:40 AM

Renardo Sidney says hello. http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/4517145/renardo-sidney-family-attorney-plays-hardball-ncaa

The NCAA has requested specific documentation for the Mississippi State signee -- the income tax returns from Sidney's family to explain how it paid for housing while the Jackson, Miss., native was playing at Fairfax High in Los Angeles. But Sidney's Birmingham-based attorney, Donald Jackson, says he has provided plenty of information already and will not hand over that final piece.

The result is that no one at Mississippi State knows if the heralded 6-10, 260-pound forward will be able to play this season.

ScottH
07-17-2015, 08:48 AM

Star your post. You will get to reference it.

This is going to be the grandest "I told you so and here's where I originally posted it" you have ever posted.

thf24
07-17-2015, 08:50 AM
As already discussed in earlier threads, the difference between this incident and Sidney's is that Sidney had not yet been cleared. The NCAA couldn't force his camp to produce records in that situation, but they could hold his then-ungranted eligibility over his head until they gave them up willingly. Even though the NCAA has proven in the past it can and will do anything it wants, I'm not sure if there are regulations or precedent for revoking the eligibility of a long-cleared player and making him prove his legitimacy again without already holding solid evidence of misconduct, which Miller may or may not actually have.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2015, 08:56 AM

2 things...

1) Wasn't a church involved with Cam Newton too? You have to be a slimy group to use a church to do your cheating through.

2) Surely they won't stop with Tunsil if they find this to be true, will they? I mean, we all know there are multiple players on that team whose families moved to Oxford after signing. Knemdiche's, Ward, Tunsil, who else?

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2015, 08:58 AM
As already discussed in earlier threads, the difference between this incident and Sidney's is that Sidney had not yet been cleared. The NCAA couldn't force his camp to produce records in that situation, but they could hold his then-ungranted eligibility over his head until they gave them up willingly. Even though the NCAA has proven in the past it can and will do anything it wants, I'm not sure if there are regulations or precedent for revoking the eligibility of a long-cleared player and making him prove his legitimacy again without already holding solid evidence of misconduct, which Miller may or may not actually have.
Then the Cam Scam is a better comparison. NCAA had significant smoke to investigate, he was declare ineligible and Auburn had to apply for his reinstatement.

Coach34
07-17-2015, 09:02 AM

The NCAA probably has never had a parent so willing to tell all either

thf24
07-17-2015, 09:03 AM
Then the Cam Scam is a better comparison. NCAA had significant smoke to investigate, he was declare ineligible and Auburn had to apply for his reinstatement.

Did the NCAA actually declare him ineligible though? I may be wrong but I thought Auburn themselves declared him ineligible for show then applied for reinstatement, which the NCAA almost immediately granted.

The NCAA probably has never had a parent so willing to tell all either

True, that's what I've been telling all my even more skeptical buds and coworkers. The way I see it, the issue right now is whether or not Miller actually has the entirety of what he says he has. If he does, this thing will indeed blow wide open.

Maroonthirteen
07-17-2015, 09:05 AM
Yep, the NCAA is the prosecutor, jury and judge. They don't have to prove anything to anyone but themselves.

This was before my time but i understand the reason we forfeited games in late 70s was because we played a player that the NCAA later determined received a discount at George Shermans. Also, Fant was suspended for a game as we looked into his tire purchase (maybe that was just Bracky being cautious). Also, Alabama forfeited a number of games in the early 90s after playing a player that had contact with an agent. So, North Miss can either sit him or risk forfeiting games.

Coach34
Did the NCAA actually declare him ineligible though? I may be wrong but I thought Auburn themselves declared him ineligible for show then applied for reinstatement, which the NCAA almost immediately granted.

The NCAA had no actual proof on Newton. This situation is an actual parent telling what he knows that went on. Huge difference. Cam was deny, deny, deny- Tunsil is a case of "ok, this is how it happened...."

32 Dive
Miller may need witness protection, IF all of this is true. He could have a terrible accident...

They'll end up disassociating from a dead alumnus, for the sake of proactivity...

#ClickAnAdNorthernMissFans

Seriously, I'll still believe "IT," if and only when I see "IT." It does make for good fodder, though. (Especially since we aren't the ones behind it...)

OdaMaeBrown
Their crap has been going on for too long. I can't wait to rub it in their faces when it all comes apart.

BrunswickDawg
07-17-2015, 09:06 AM
2 things...

1) Wasn't a church involved with Cam Newton too? You have to be a slimy group to use a church to do your cheating through.

Some of the biggest scam artists going today. Living in a town of 14000 with a church on every block, I can tell you it is a huge tax dodge to be a "minister". Now, many are legit - but there are a number that get ordained and use it as a ponzi/pyramid scheme. It's a short trip down morality lane to funnel money to "hep" someone when you can take 10% of the top.

MetEdDawg
07-17-2015, 09:07 AM

True, that's what I've been telling all my even more skeptical buds and coworkers. The way I see it, the issue right now is whether or not Miller actually has the entirety of what he says he has. If he does, this thing will indeed blow wide open.

If I remember correctly, I believe he was declared ineligible on the Monday before the Iron Bowl, then was declared eligible the next day. It was something odd like that if I remember correctly.

EAVdog
07-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Some of the biggest scam artists going today. Living in a town of 14000 with a church on every block, I can tell you it is a huge tax dodge to be a "minister". Now, many are legit - but there are a number that get ordained and use it as a ponzi/pyramid scheme. It's a short trip down morality lane to funnel money to "hep" someone when you can take 10% of the top.

In Atlanta we ran across a number of folks who had second jobs as 'Priest and Priestess' of some little church. There was a run down church in our neighborhood that had some new 'Mom and Pop superstar all about them leaders' church swing through renting it every year. They'd have yard sales, fund raisers, etc... and bam it'd be empty again. The cult of personality type posters disappeared and it went all back to normal.

32 Dive
07-17-2015, 09:15 AM
Yep, the NCAA is the prosecutor, jury and judge. They don't have to prove anything to anyone but themselves.

This was before my time but i understand the reason we forfeited games in late 70s was because we played a player that the NCAA later determined received a discount at George Shermans. Also, Fant was suspended for a game as we looked into his tire purchase (maybe that was just Bracky being cautious). Also, Alabama forfeited a number of games in the early 90s after playing a player that had contact with an agent. So, North Miss can either sit him or risk forfeiting games.

Bama's forfeiture was due to playing Antonio Langham the year after he signed a napkin contract, following the Sugar Bowl. So, Tunsil's contact isn't quite in this league. But if UNM then plays an ineligible player, which Tunsil could be proven to be, then all of that comes into play.

This is, to me, really closer to another part of that Alabama probationary period. If anyone remembers Gene Jelks, who "told all" (Even though it is assumed an Auburn booster paid him to talk). Miller is potentially playing the part of Jelks.

gravedigger
07-17-2015, 09:17 AM
2 things...

2) Surely they won't stop with Tunsil if they find this to be true, will they? I mean, we all know there are multiple players on that team whose families moved to Oxford after signing. Knemdiche's, Ward, Tunsil, who else?

1. I believe it was cam's fathers church.

2. They will act on what they have proof of. Or reliable testimony of. Unless there is another miller, no. Of course, some other family could be struggling and use this to get more money.

wayneland5025
07-17-2015, 09:20 AM
actually. the player who received the discount was declared ineligible by the NCAA and we played him anyway while contesting the NCAA in court over the eligibility status. As a result of that, the NCAA made us forfeit all games in which he played. I believe his name was Larry Guilloit?

DancingRabbit
07-17-2015, 09:29 AM
actually. the player who received the discount was declared ineligible by the NCAA and we played him anyway while contesting the NCAA in court over the eligibility status. As a result of that, the NCAA made us forfeit all games in which he played. I believe his name was Larry Guilloit?

Larry Gillard

Liverpooldawg
07-17-2015, 09:53 AM
Reggie Bush would like to say they withdrew HIS eligibility after he had been in the NFL a few years. There are vacated titles and a vacated Heisman to prove it.

codeDawg
07-17-2015, 10:03 AM
I think something is going to happen before the start of the season. It might not be much, but something is going to happen.

The Northern MS crew tried to come down on Miller, but Miller has nothing to lose. They can't go after his family. They can't ruin his career. They are f-ed.

1bigdawg
07-17-2015, 10:05 AM
Wasn't a church involved with Cam Newton too? You have to be a slimy group to use a church to do your cheating through.

Churches have been used in recruiting by a lot of programs for several decades because the money cannot be tracked. In Cam's case, his dad was the preacher.

fishwater99
07-17-2015, 10:08 AM
I think something is going to happen before the start of the season. It might not be much, but something is going to happen.

The Northern MS crew tried to come down on Miller, but Miller has nothing to lose. They can't go after his family. They can't ruin his career. They are f-ed.

I think Tunsil will be ineligible his year, what else comes out we will have to wait and see.

BeastMan
07-17-2015, 10:34 AM
I do t think we'll hear much either way now that SEC media days is over until game week with UT Martin. It wouldn't shock me if no one knew anything until OM takes the field.

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 11:06 AM
2 things...

Daddy Newton was a BLT preacher, if memory serves. It was his church involved with Newton.

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 11:14 AM
Their crap has been going on for too long. I can't wait to rub it in their faces when it all comes apart.

http://i.imgur.com/GZIoeto.gif

TUSK
07-17-2015, 11:49 AM
If I remember correctly, I believe he was declared ineligible on the Monday before the Georgia game, then was declared eligible the next day. It was something odd like that if I remember correctly.

fify

TUSK
07-17-2015, 11:51 AM
I'm sure in the Cam situation a good bit of money was washed in the Blood of the Lamb...

However, word from West Georgia is that most of it came via casino chips...

Tbonewannabe
07-17-2015, 12:30 PM
I'm sure in the Cam situation a good bit of money was washed in the Blood of the Lamb...

However, word from West Georgia is that most of it came via casino chips...

Didn't it come out with all the Lowder deal that AU players were "winning" a lot of money at casinos. It is the new $100 handshake. I guess you don't have to know how to play craps to win like a champion.

Thrill1
07-17-2015, 02:25 PM
Since its been brought up and I was curious as to exact facts surrounding the case as well, here is all you need and more about the Larry Gillard case.

It was Howard's Clothing in Okolona, not George Sherman's. (As in Howard Miskelly)

The discount was for 1/3 off. And yes, Miskelly gave the discount to "students of all colleges."

What I want to know is who turned us in? Obviously Tyler was starting to win and the rebs were pissed we had him. Anybody got the goods?

http://www.leagle.com/decision/19771424352So2d1072_11393.xml/NATIONAL%20COLLEGIATE%20ATHLETIC%20ASS'N%20v.%20GI LLARD

Drugs Delaney
07-17-2015, 02:40 PM
it's getting bad when even my Bearshark buddies ......I call bullshit on you having bearshark buddies.... ; )

MedDawg
07-17-2015, 02:47 PM

Bama_Dawg
07-17-2015, 03:25 PM
I just hope we can all handle it when nothing comes of the Tunsil situation. It seems they are like Teflon...nothing sticks.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there is certainly something to this story, but I've got a bad feeling about this...

Tbonewannabe
07-17-2015, 03:45 PM
I just hope we can all handle it when nothing comes of the Tunsil situation. It seems they are like Teflon...nothing sticks.

Don't get me wrong, I believe there is certainly something to this story, but I've got a bad feeling about this...

Only thing different with the Tunsil situation is UM screwed over UGA and FSU not MSU. They also did it outside of the state combined with trying to throw the step dad under the bus. If nothing comes from this, I don't see how it wouldn't be completely open season in recruiting.

TUSK
07-17-2015, 06:28 PM
I'm glad UA & AU don't have this type "relationship", anymore.

whosyourdawgy
07-17-2015, 06:48 PM
👍🏻👍🏻 to whoever that was

Mutt the Hoople
07-17-2015, 07:21 PM
I thought Tunsil came out for the Confederate Flag.