PDA

View Full Version : Big Dawg Camp Commitment Tracker

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 07:59 AM
Who's the first to commit? How many should we expect today?

CadaverDawg
07-17-2015, 09:11 AM
Bump

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 09:19 AM
At least 4 today but if things got rolling as many as 7. I know of 3 for sure, 2 I feel pretty good about, & 3 more that the spirit may hit them & shut it down. I don't wanna ruin guys moments so I won't name names.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 09:37 AM
I don't wanna ruin guys moments so I won't name names.
That's cool, looking forward to the new bulldogs! What time does the camp get started?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 09:44 AM
Registration is from 3-5pm

msstate7
07-17-2015, 09:58 AM
At least 4 today but if things got rolling as many as 7. I know of 3 for sure, 2 I feel pretty good about, & 3 more that the spirit may hit them & shut it down. I don't wanna ruin guys moments so I won't name names.

With 12 commits (11 if you don't count Cooper) and you counting maybe 7 today, would we be essentially done? How many can we take this year!

CadaverDawg
07-17-2015, 10:03 AM
With 12 commits (11 if you don't count Cooper) and you counting maybe 7 today, would we be essentially done? How many can we take this year!

We'll probably end up with a class of 20-ish when all's said and done. We'll have a few Juniors go pro and create some spots.

My guess anyway

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 10:19 AM
The commit list will have some changes. We'll sign a little over 20.

HancockCountyDog
07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
The commit list will have some changes. We'll sign a little over 20.

How many Juco guys are we going to take? Im hearing that we are going to sign at least one JUCO DL. That is from a JUCO coach down this way.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 11:02 AM
How many Juco guys are we going to take? Im hearing that we are going to sign at least one JUCO DL. That is from a JUCO coach down this way.

3 maybe 4.

HancockCountyDog
07-17-2015, 11:39 AM
3 maybe 4.

Im hearing Champion and Myers won't be signed this year - you hearing the same?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 11:49 AM
Im hearing Champion and Myers won't be signed this year - you hearing the same?

Champion still has a chance but if I was betting id put my money on them being in the 2017 class.

Coach34
07-17-2015, 11:51 AM
We really need a juco DT

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 11:54 AM
We really need a juco DT

I think you'll see 1 on our commitment list tonight.

HancockCountyDog
07-17-2015, 12:07 PM

Yeah, thats what Im hearing too. Good deal

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 12:47 PM

Is Pope still at Co-Lin?

archdog
07-17-2015, 12:48 PM
Yeah, thats what Im hearing too. Good deal

Bump

17thebears
07-17-2015, 01:03 PM
Is Tre Brown at Co-Lin CC a take? If so, we will get him.

jumbo
07-17-2015, 01:35 PM
Is Tre Brown at Co-Lin CC a take? If so, we will get him.

He's been committed for a while now. Will go public with it tonight.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2015, 01:38 PM
How good is Tre? Is he rated? Any other big offers? Impact type of guy?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-17-2015, 01:49 PM
How good is Tre? Is he rated? Any other big offers? Impact type of guy?

Tre is a good player had offers from all 3 instate schools coming out of HS. We placed him without signing him so Davis has protected him at Co-Lin.

17thebears
07-17-2015, 01:49 PM
The Instagram account for Co-Lin Athletics posted a video on him saying he was committed to MSU a week or so ago.

CadaverDawg
07-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Tre is a good player had offers from all 3 instate schools coming out of HS. We placed him without signing him so Davis has protected him at Co-Lin.

3 years of eligibility, or 2?

Do you really think he can come in and make an impact next year? Is he that type? I think we need someone that can come in and be on the 2 deep next season

HancockCountyDog
07-17-2015, 02:05 PM
3 years of eligibility, or 2?

Do you really think he can come in and make an impact next year? Is he that type? I think we need someone that can come in and be on the 2 deep next season

Id expect an impact in his second year, and decent depth in his first year.

3 to play 2, but I don't think he will redshirt.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2015, 02:59 PM
Korey Charles just committed

http://247sports.com/Player/Korey-Charles-23282

Over the past few years, I've come to love Big Dawg Camp, not just because we get commitments on this day, but because it is the annual day that verifies that we are moving forward and not backwards.

This day is evidence every year that MSU's program is getting better, not going anywhere, & damn sure not going back to where it was in the past.

Now, we may finish last in the West occasionally, or only win 7 or 8 games, but we are now attracting the talent required to compete at the highest level.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2015, 03:44 PM
Nigel Knott is on campus.

FlabLoser
07-17-2015, 03:48 PM
Gimme some Nigel Knott.

Barking 13
07-17-2015, 04:24 PM
Korey Charles just committed

http://247sports.com/Player/Korey-Charles-23282

Over the past few years, I've come to love Big Dawg Camp, not just because we get commitments on this day, but because it is the annual day that verifies that we are moving forward and not backwards.

This day is evidence every year that MSU's program is getting better, not going anywhere, & damn sure not going back to where it was in the past.

Now, we may finish last in the West occasionally, or only win 7 or 8 games, but we are now attracting the talent required to compete at the highest level.

BDC is becoming our February.....

Bothrops
07-17-2015, 04:36 PM
Cool get. Had offer from Lsu..enough said.

ShotgunDawg
07-17-2015, 04:52 PM
Emmitt Gooden is a suprise visitor at BGC.

Not sure if he'll qualify, but a good player nonetheless

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 07:33 PM
QUOTE=ShotgunDawg;388832]Nigel Knott is on campus.[/QUOTE]

RossDawg82
07-17-2015, 08:39 PM
Seems like a slow night. Am I missing something or just being impatient?

starkvegasdawg
07-17-2015, 08:49 PM
Seems like a slow night. Am I missing something or just being impatient?

They're all at the pony.***

cbrunt29
07-17-2015, 09:12 PM
Nero Nelson has committed

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-17-2015, 09:40 PM
Nero Nelson has committed

There we go!!

cbrunt29
07-17-2015, 09:48 PM
Tre Brown commits

ScoobaDawg
07-17-2015, 10:27 PM
Nero Nelson
http://247sports.com/Player/Nero-Nelson-37737

Todd4State
07-18-2015, 12:35 AM
We got some nice pick ups today! Two guys that can play slot WR or DB and can potentially return kicks and a guy that can play on the interior of the d-line.

TUSK
07-18-2015, 01:41 AM
what's the skinny on AJ Brown?

I know Bammer is making an effort for his services...

any chance he leaves the state?

Dallas_Dawg
07-18-2015, 08:25 AM
Hopefully AJ stays home but who knows. Supposedly Bammer is crootin him the hardest. Would be sad to lose a hometown stud to Bammer.
Could you IMAGINE if Tuscaloosa had a 4 star receiver that Bama wanted and we were recruiting him? Would like be trying to steal a piece of bacon from a lock jawed pit bull.

MetEdDawg
07-18-2015, 08:41 AM
This class to me is going to be very interesting. We've got some big fish still out there, but I see this as a working mans class. Not high on star power, but high in work ethic and will be very underrated. We've got 3 really big OL and I think we are beginning the process of building one sick secondary. Look at Stamps, Smitherman, Peters, and McLaurin from last year. Then Morgan-Walker, Allen, Jones, and Dantzler for this year. We've been weakest defensively in the secondary for a while now and I see some sick position battles there for a long time.

Maroons
07-18-2015, 08:51 AM
I think we are beginning the process of building one sick secondary. Look at Stamps, Smitherman, Peters, and McLaurin from last year. Then Morgan-Walker, Allen, Jones, and Dantzler for this year. We've been weakest defensively in the secondary for a while now and I see some sick position battles there for a long time.

DL will always be extremely important, but having a dominant secondary will be imperative going forward based on the ongoing evolution of the offenses in our league.

drummerdawg
07-18-2015, 09:11 AM
Seems like those are the types Dan goes for since he's been here but I do wonder how far these "working mans classes" will take us. At some point I think we do need to start landing some big targets. Last years recruiting class was nice but we need to be consistent with those kind of classes to really compete in the SEC. Last years class seemed to be a good mix of both.

defiantdog
07-18-2015, 09:14 AM
what's the skinny on AJ Brown?

I know Bammer is making an effort for his services...

any chance he leaves the state?

He's a 2 sport player, and the other sport isn't track. This situation is similar to J. Winston when he came out of Hueytown. Saban is a one sport coach..... 5 star or not. but he won't have a problem telling a player they can play both sports.

GreenheadDawg
07-18-2015, 09:25 AM
What's the deal with Simmons? I saw he was going to OM this weekend. Is he not coming to BDC?

Bothrops
07-18-2015, 09:35 AM
What's the deal with Simmons? I saw he was going to OM this weekend. Is he not coming to BDC?

Simmons was at BDC yesterday. We are doing very well at the moment.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 09:37 AM
I think we sweep the golden triangle 4. You guys are just going to have to be patient. Let these guys be recruited but it will work out in the end.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 09:38 AM
The best guys last night IMO

Kylin Hill
Daniel Crowell
Christian Roberson
Cam Dantzler(Would get camp MVP if there was such a thing)
Dontrel Allen
Lashard Durr
Gentle Williams
Kobe Jones
Jeffery Simmons
Marquiss Spencer

I only listed guys who went through the 1 on 1's. Guys like Lashley, Dickens, Charles, Walker, only did drills. Nigel, AJ, & Raekwon just hung out.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 09:41 AM
He's a 2 sport player, and the other sport isn't track. This situation is similar to J. Winston when he came out of Hueytown. Saban is a one sport coach..... 5 star or not. but he won't have a problem telling a player they can play both sports.

AJ has already said he has no plans of playing baseball in college. He almost quit after this past season to focus on football but said he will probably play his Sr year.

GreenheadDawg
07-18-2015, 09:52 AM
Simmons was at BDC yesterday. We are doing very well at the moment.

Ok good. We badly need Dlinemen

hailmari
07-18-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm surprised Dickens didn't do 1 on 1s... He's a guy I heard needed to come show what he can do position wise.

I seen it dawg
07-18-2015, 10:12 AM
AJ to State

mic
07-18-2015, 10:17 AM
AJ has already said he has no plans of playing baseball in college. He almost quit after this past season to focus on football but said he will probably play his Sr year.

Yeah everyone just chill on AJ it will be all good in the end...
And don't think we aren't in the running for Nigel Knott ..

Todd4State
07-18-2015, 11:06 AM
I think we sweep the golden triangle 4. You guys are just going to have to be patient. Let these guys be recruited but it will work out in the end.

I agree with this. We need to let these players do their thing and just be patient knowing it will all work out in the end.

RDawg90
07-18-2015, 11:13 AM
A.J Brown, Scott Lashley, and Kobe Jones are absolutely/no excuse must haves…. To really have the type of class you need to consistently compete at the upper end of this conference, we really really need to find a way to pull 2 or 3 out of Nigel Knott, Jeffrey Simmons, Daniel Crowell, and Raekwon Davis

Jacksondevildog
07-18-2015, 11:20 AM
Crowell will stay with Ole Miss I think. Knott will probably go out of state. Simmons will be MSU/OM. He will be this year's Chris Jones. It may not have the drama, but he will be the guy. I don't have a good feeling about Noxubee County. Vince Sanders coaches there and the Rebels have gotten their share from that school over the past few years. Lashley is ours. AJ and Kobe will be in maroon in my opinion. Ole Miss can't pull any shit in our back yard. It's UA/MSU with both Kobe and AJ.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 11:41 AM
I feel good about the 4 kids in the golden triangle area. I'll just leave it at that.

Jacksondevildog
07-18-2015, 11:43 AM
Would be a great pull. Simmons is the wild card. Hopefully the guy who made the deals for Pat Patterson is out of the equation or dead now.
I feel good about the 4 kids in the golden triangle area. I'll just leave it at that.

mic
07-18-2015, 11:49 AM
AJ to State

As ironclad as the LOI itself...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 12:12 PM
Would be a great pull. Simmons is the wild card. Hopefully the guy who made the deals for Pat Patterson is out of the equation or dead now.

Simmons isn't that type of kid neither is his family. Keep doing what we've been doing & Jeffery will be a Dawg.

RDawg90
07-18-2015, 12:33 PM
I think this staff have become better closers over the years, but I still think we do our best work early… Building bonds between commits, taking the drama out of it. I would be very uneasy if Dec/Jan/Feb came around and we didn't basically have the bow tied on the class. My gut tells me we surely can't lose Brown, Jones, and Lashley. I've never gotten a feel for Simmons, but how many kids can Noxubee continue to send to Ole Miss that don't really pan out? I think Knott is loving the process, loving the attention, but will end up in-state.

TUSK
07-18-2015, 01:35 PM
Hopefully AJ stays home but who knows. Supposedly Bammer is crootin him the hardest. Would be sad to lose a hometown stud to Bammer.
Could you IMAGINE if Tuscaloosa had a 4 star receiver that Bama wanted and we were recruiting him? Would like be trying to steal a peanut from a psychopant.

fify

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/elephant%20peanuts.jpg

JoseBrown
07-18-2015, 03:33 PM
And don't think we aren't in the running for Nigel Knott ..

Just curious as to why not? Are we still recruiting him at RB? His mother had been adamant to me that she wasnt letting him go far, but I haven't talked to any of them recently.

TUSK
07-18-2015, 03:44 PM
Just curious as to why not? Are we still recruiting him at RB? His mother had been adamant to me that she wasnt letting him go far, but I haven't talked to any of them recently.

He just had a visit to Bammer, but I've not heard anything about it...

If his mom doesn't want him traveling too far that'd increase all our odds as Oregon and FSU are after him, too.

AlSwearengen
07-18-2015, 04:09 PM
How old is Nigel's sister? Although , we don't have a lot of luck with the sibling angle, but If I were a parent, it would be nice to have both kids in the same town when visiting. Of course, dreams of the nfl, championships, etc, might outweigh that.

Dallas_Dawg
07-18-2015, 04:13 PM
fify

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rapgenius/elephant%20peanuts.jpg

+1 amigo

HSVDawg
07-18-2015, 04:24 PM
I don't have a good feeling about Noxubee County.

Ole Miss can't pull any shit in our back yard.

These are two conflicting statements. Based on proximity, Noxubee County should be to MSU what South Panola is to Ole Miss, but we have been on the outside looking in there for quite some time now. If Ole Miss can lock us out of Noxubee they damn sure can exercise some influence in Starkville whether people want to believe it or not.

Leroy Jenkins
07-18-2015, 04:56 PM
These are two conflicting statements. Based on proximity, Noxubee County should be to MSU what South Panola is to Ole Miss, but we have been on the outside looking in there for quite some time now. If Ole Miss can lock us out of Noxubee they damn sure can exercise some influence in Starkville whether people want to believe it or not.

You can't talk about Nox Co without comparing the football careers of Deontae Skinner vs Pat Patterson and Vince Sanders. Who were the more highly rated? Who played in the NFL? Which ones were busts? Which one went to MSU?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-18-2015, 05:21 PM
Things are going very well with Jeffery. We just have to continue doing what we've been doing.

I seen it dawg
07-18-2015, 05:31 PM

Read his statement again and more carefully. We are very much in it with Knott.

Jacksondevildog
07-18-2015, 05:41 PM
Noxubee is a school that is close to MSU that we haven't recruited very well over the past few years. I was talking about Starkville high school and AJ and Kobe. Ole Miss can't pull any shit on Hwy 12 being a 3 wood distance from Davis Wade. This also isn't 1998 MSU recruiting when Bama came on there and got Freddie Millons. Things have changed and MSU has changed.

Todd4State
07-18-2015, 06:58 PM
You can't talk about Nox Co without comparing the football careers of Deontae Skinner vs Pat Patterson and Vince Sanders. Who were the more highly rated? Who played in the NFL? Which ones were busts? Which one went to MSU?

Patterson was Croom's fault and Sanders essentially followed him up to Oxford before Dan built us into what we are now.

It's a totally different era now.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-19-2015, 04:28 PM
AJ has already said he has no plans of playing baseball in college. He almost quit after this past season to focus on football but said he will probably play his Sr year..

Todd4State
07-19-2015, 04:30 PM

I've heard that he is a draft prospect, but his athletic future is in football. I expect him to focus on football going forward.

Plus, he didn't go to any of the big baseball events at PG or anything like that, but in the meantime he went to the Opening and showed up at BDC. That indicates to me that he is more serious about football at this point as well.