PDA

View Full Version : OK OLE MISS and the media, put up or shut up.............

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2015, 08:56 PM
Hugh Freeze and OLE MISS can't change the state flag. Dan Mullen and MSU can't change the state flag. OLE MISS however, can easily do something along those lines if they are really serious about this stuff. Immediately eliminate the name OLE MISS and the name REBELS. If media that are harping on what they THINK Mullen was saying don't start harping on this then we know what the agenda is. Put up or shut up. Anyone that might want to flea this idea and post it elsewhere, feel free to do so.

confucius say
07-16-2015, 09:33 PM
Hugh Freeze and OLE MISS can't change the state flag. Dan Mullen and MSU can't change the state flag. OLE MISS however, can easily do something along those lines if they are really serious about this stuff. Immediately eliminate the name OLE MISS and the name REBELS. If media that are harping on what they THINK Mullen was saying don't start harping on this then we know what the agenda is. Put up or shut up. Anyone that might want to flea this idea and post it elsewhere, feel free to do so.

Yep. Been saying this for a month. The media is spineless. It's sitting on a platter for them bc dan jones has already admitted the definition of ole miss and disassociated the phrase from everything to do with the university except the athletic teams.

Bullsy
07-16-2015, 09:34 PM
Freezus said at the press conference that "if it caused ill will (he) would support change"

Well. Me and all my friends are DEFINITELY ILL at the name ole miss!!

confucius say
07-16-2015, 09:40 PM
Freezus said at the press conference that "if it caused ill will (he) would support change"

Well. Me and all my friends are DEFINITELY ILL at the name ole miss!!

All I saw freeze say about it is that if it caused ill will he would imagine it would be addressed. If mullen said the same thing about the flag, kellenberger would have written novel about it.

starkvegasdawg
07-16-2015, 09:51 PM
I've seen some Bears actually try to say that them being the Rebels is not an homage to the confederacy. It's just a generic rebel. Yes, I'm being serious.

confucius say
07-16-2015, 09:55 PM
I've seen some Bears actually try to say that them being the Rebels is not an homage to the confederacy. It's just a generic rebel. Yes, I'm being serious.

And how do they explain away the meaning of ole miss? If it's anything other than a slave owners wife, they are calling dan jones and their own faculty, both of which led the fight to do away with term because of it's meaning, liars.

starkvegasdawg
07-16-2015, 10:01 PM
And how do they explain away the meaning of ole miss? If it's anything other than a slave owners wife, they are calling dan jones and their own faculty, both of which led the fight to do away with term because of it's meaning, liars.

It just shows the level of delusion and denial they live in every day.

PassInterference
07-16-2015, 11:02 PM

Yea, they banned From Dixie With Love where students shouted "the south will rise again". That would be a good talking point.

PMDawg
07-17-2015, 08:16 AM

They admit it means that, but say it is not offensive because it is not widely known that it means that.

fishwater99
07-17-2015, 08:43 AM
They admit it means that, but say it is not offensive because it is not widely known that it means that.

So by that reasoning, the battle flag is not offensive..

confucius say
07-17-2015, 09:01 AM

So as long as people don't know about it, it's ok. But they know about it, and obviously it is not offensive to them.