PDA

View Full Version : Best First-time Starter?

Big4Dawg
07-11-2013, 11:01 AM
Who has the best year as a "first time starter"?

Morrow
Chappelle
RoJo
Lewis
Malone
Preston Smith
PJ Jones
Wells
Love
Hughes
Cox

Homedawg
07-11-2013, 11:18 AM

Morrow
Chappelle
RoJo
Lewis
Malone
Preston Smith
PJ Jones
Wells
Love
Hughes
Cox

Rojo

FISHDAWG
07-11-2013, 11:26 AM
I'm going with RoJo but Tubby HAS TO HAVE a big break-out year for us to be successful .... wished Redmond was on that list

I seen it dawg
07-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Bracky took care of that for you

PMDawg
07-11-2013, 11:29 AM
Smith. And I hope it's not even close. I think our DL play defines our entire season.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2013, 11:51 AM

Morrow
Chappelle
RoJo
Lewis
Malone
Preston Smith
PJ Jones
Wells
Love
Hughes
Cox

I think it will be in the secondary. And I also think Jiles could end up starting at CB opposite of Cox by the time SEC play starts. So I will say Jiles or Cox, with Cox being the most likely.

FreeBoosie
07-11-2013, 01:36 PM
I'd love for this to be the year Joe Morrow becomes that big-time receiver we've all been waiting on.

Coach34
07-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Smith- he becomes a force playing opposite Autry

engie
07-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Worth noting that Malone, PJ Jones, Wells, Love, and Hughes all have starting experience already at different points in time...

I think a bunch of these guys have potential to have huge years. Going with Preston Smith though... followed closely by Lewis, Wells, and Cox...

msstate7
07-11-2013, 02:12 PM
Worth noting that Malone, PJ Jones, Wells, Love, and Hughes all have starting experience already at different points in time...

I think a bunch of these guys have potential to have huge years. Going with Preston Smith though... followed closely by Lewis, Wells, and Cox...

I like wells as well

Big4Dawg
07-11-2013, 03:23 PM

True, but they weren't everyday starters like they will be this year.

Coach 57
07-11-2013, 08:10 PM
Correction....because he will not ONLY have Autry but good interior DLmen as well as a DL coach that can help said DTs get to the next level.

RichardHarrow
07-12-2013, 01:32 AM
I am going with Cox. I think schematically the defense is in a better position to have players "break out" this year because they were held back last year because of the style they were forced to play.

I've written off Morrow due to lack of production compared to how highly thought of he was out of the high school, but he's still young and this could be his time to shine, but he has to decide he wants it. The upside is there, he has the potential to do great things. We need to fine that deep threat, that will just open up other avenues for our offense

sbcmortgageman
07-12-2013, 04:58 AM
Fred Ross.

Political Hack
07-12-2013, 07:42 AM
Cox is going to make plays for sure. I think that's a safe pick (pun intended).

In the two TE set I'd love for Brandon Hill to make some major contributions. He's primarily a blocker, but I could see him making some big time grabs for us this year. Not trying to make a redonkulous comparison, but I can see a little Tony G in him. He's just got to find his comfort level on the field and learn more about how defenses shift and move. Once he gets that, he'll put a defender in his hip pocket, block em' out like he's going for a rebound, and be a 1st down machine (if he can hold on to the ball). If he's able to make that transition this year, we could be very difficult to get off the field.

Hump4Hoops
07-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Rojo and Tubby would be the heavy favorites. If we're going to be worth a shit, our pass defense needs to stand up. I'm hoping it's Wells.

Bullmutt
07-12-2013, 10:11 AM
Wells.

Irondawg
07-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Tubby although I don't think he's the most important first year starter - I just think he's primed for a really good year if we make it a point to get him the ball 5-7 times a game.

LiterallyPolice
07-12-2013, 01:30 PM
Cox is going to make plays for sure. I think that's a safe pick (pun intended).

Pun? Oh, I get it:

Safe Pick
Picking a Safe
Picking a Lock
Pickin' Locks
Bustin' Locks
Justin Cox

Good One. ***

archdog
07-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I think the pun was that Cox is in the business of getting "picks" sir.

archdog
07-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I will go with Morrow, Cox, or Ross.

LiterallyPolice
07-12-2013, 01:51 PM
I think the pun was that Cox is in the business of getting "picks" sir.

If I may borrow a phrase from The Dude.... "Well, that's like your opinion, man."

---------------------------------

(I got the joke. What can I say, I'm bored and I was trying to be funny. But mainly bored.)

gravedigger
07-12-2013, 02:21 PM
Of course.