toss up

5 Star
07-16-2015, 07:37 PM
LSU I guess
Florida easily, especially if you've lived in Florida
In 2015 MS, it's MSU - wasn't that way 20 years ago

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2015, 07:48 PM
Wasn't there a survey done a couple of years ago that said MSU was the most popular college sports team among Mississippians? I know we have more alumni in MS than UM does.

LC Dawg
07-16-2015, 08:03 PM
Wasn't there a survey done a couple of years ago that said MSU was the most popular college sports team among Mississippians? I know we have more alumni in MS than UM does.

If you take the didn't attend, never been to campus fans out of the equation it's not even close.

scottycameron
07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
For the summer doldrums

Saints or LSU
Canes or Gators or Seminoles
State or Ole Miss

LSU
Gators
MSU

LSU/Saints is close. Saints in/around N.O., LSU the rest of the state. Gators is not close. MSU/OM is close and could teeter back and forth over the years depending if one is doing well and the other isn't. If both are equal MSU holds the edge.

scottycameron
07-17-2015, 08:28 AM
If you take the didn't attend, never been to campus fans out of the equation it's not even close.

Exactly, that is where their big out of state alumni base bites them in the ass. We probably have roughly equal alumni overall as the schools are about the same size but a good chunk of theirs leave the state (back home or elsewhere). This will continue and the gap will slowly widen over time.