PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Fans Predict We'll Be Worst Team In the SEC

bluelightstar
07-16-2015, 07:22 PM
http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/miss-state-picked-to-finish-last-in-the-sec-west.104775/

I think every team that loses to us should make Meltdown Time next year, since apparently we're the worst team in football since Ellis Johnson's Southern Miss.

Dallas_Dawg
07-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Shit I thought you were talking about basketball. Those fools don't stand a chance in starkville next year.

tenureplan
07-16-2015, 07:31 PM
One guy actually said that Dak won't have anybody to throw to...

LC Dawg
07-16-2015, 07:33 PM
LOL at the guy who said we'll be worse than every team in the East. I didn't even know Kentucky had football fans.

mstatefan91
07-16-2015, 07:39 PM
I'll take Kentucky seriously when they finally beat us. Until then, their football opinions are irrelevant.

Coach34
07-16-2015, 07:43 PM
I'm gonna be saying this after SEC Win this year:

https://vine.co/v/hMY2Ehd969a

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2015, 07:54 PM
When was the last time Kentucky beat us? Had to have been during the Croom error.

And check out the guy who said UK has a chance against us in Starkville because of "the rivalry nature of the game." Dear lord.

tenureplan
07-16-2015, 07:57 PM
When was the last time Kentucky beat us? Had to have been during the Croom error.

And check out the guy who said UK has a chance against us in Starkville because of "the rivalry nature of the game." Dear lord.

Well, didn't we just even up the series last year?

bluelightstar
07-16-2015, 08:00 PM

In fairness, I think that's only because of our "forfeits" from the 70s. ETA: Just checked, it's only 1 forfeit -- I'm surprised it's as close as it is actually.

And -- we have our own rivalry page on Wikipedia so it must be true.

Coach34
07-16-2015, 08:06 PM

We are 16-8 vs Kentucky since 1991

CadaverDawg
07-16-2015, 08:10 PM
http://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/threads/miss-state-picked-to-finish-last-in-the-sec-west.104775/

I think every team that loses to us should make Meltdown Time next year, since apparently we're the worst team in football since Ellis Johnson's Southern Miss.

You can tell that their fans know absolutely nothing about football. OM level delusion in that thread.
"MSU doesn't reload, they will make a big drop this year". We've reloaded for the last 5 years apparently, while beating their ass in the process. Kentucky fans talking shit is like a mouse talking shit to a cat.

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2015, 08:10 PM

Yeah, thanks to us going winless against them from 1958-1990. As it is with a few other teams, our overall record against them is much better since deciding to become a semi-competent football program 25 years ago.

Since we hired JWS, we have gone 16-8 against them and won 6 in a row. Historic records that include games from 40+ years ago can be pretty deceiving when comparing modern day college athletic programs.

ETA: And that still wouldn't change my point. Regardless of the historical series record being close, we do not have a rivalry with Kentucky. I would consider that to be a pretty important game, but it ain't a rivalry. Not even close.

dawgs
07-16-2015, 08:13 PM
Can the ****ing season start already? I am sick of this bullshit.

Coach34
07-16-2015, 08:15 PM
Sept 12th

BulldogBear
07-16-2015, 08:16 PM
"They return their very good QB and lots of cowbells but very little else. "

--I laughed evilly when I read this. The season cannot start soon enough. There is an entire culture of not looking past returning starters and stars. It has been cultivated by the equally irresponsible media. Kentucky loses a bunch of starters every year in basketball. Yet they don't suck. Hmmmm....

BulldogBear
07-16-2015, 08:20 PM
Here ya go if any of the boys are reading this:

"Dak has to have someone block for him, he has to have someone to throw the ball to, he has to have someone besides him for the defense to at least know they might get the ball..."

Time for y'all to go out and finish what you started last season!!! Hail State! See you in Fattiesburg. Can't get here quick enough.

SDDawg
07-16-2015, 08:36 PM
These morons are going to blow a gasket when they realize our team is MORE TALENTED than last year. Imagine what happens when they realize that Fitz can sling it in '17....

LMFAO!!!!! This ain't yo Daddy's MSU. ��

Leroy Jenkins
07-16-2015, 08:39 PM
My favorite.... "The east teams should all be better than State even maybe Vandy. "

DaFuq you say?

moss818
07-16-2015, 09:44 PM
But I thought the guys we lost were just two and three star players? That can't hurt us right!?

SDDawg
07-16-2015, 10:02 PM
"They return their very good QB and lots of cowbells but very little else. "

--I laughed evilly when I read this. The season cannot start soon enough. There is an entire culture of not looking past returning starters and stars. It has been cultivated by the equally irresponsible media. Kentucky loses a bunch of starters every year in basketball. Yet they don't suck. Hmmmm....

Here's the thing, let's be clear. Kentucky is a BAD football program. Absolutely horrible, hasn't sniffed a bowl in forever and couldn't even beat the worst Florida team that we have seen in a long time. They're a bad team, and we let them hang around way more than we should have but they are NOT GOOD. For them to talk like this... WOW. Funny as hell, but pretty sad at the same time.

Bothrops
07-16-2015, 10:35 PM
So Kentucky football fans know as much about us as the media world. How about that!

Coackjek
07-17-2015, 12:31 AM
Aren't they still trying to tackle Robinson?

BulldogBear
07-17-2015, 12:52 AM
Aren't they still trying to tackle Robinson?
Bazinga

Joe Schmedlap
07-17-2015, 05:44 AM
Well, Robinson won't be toting the rock for us this year. He will be missed.

hailmari
07-17-2015, 07:08 AM
I can't blame them for really wanting to beat us. They've given us a pretty good scare the last two years. It's like us finally beating Auburn in 2012 after a few year streak of coming up just short.

MabenMaroon
07-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Well that just blew my euphoric bubble up. All off-season I have been extremely optimistic about the upcoming season, in fact I have been down right woolly about it. Now this comes out and boom the hope for this coming season is all gone. Now, I think I will just write this season off and sleep through it. Somebody please wake me up when the Big Blue nation starts predicting good things for us, then and only then, will I ever get excited about an upcoming season again.***

FISHDAWG
07-17-2015, 08:17 AM

the Northern Miss fanbase just gave a collective sigh - now they can keep their LSU rivalry

Johnson85
07-17-2015, 08:24 AM
I would consider that to be a pretty important game, but it ain't a rivalry. Not even close.

It's important b/c it's hard to be a decent SEC team if you aren't beating UK.

But I don't think it's ever been a rivalry, even when it was consistently UK, MSU, and UM fighting to avoid being the worst team other than Vandy.

Thrill1
07-17-2015, 08:28 AM
And you would be correct. 14-13 in '08. Awful just awful. Carlson missed an xtra point and I believe a potential gw fg. Never been so embarrassed during an entire season than that one. La tech, 3-2, ky & 45-0.

PMDawg
07-17-2015, 08:37 AM
I like the guy who said we can't overcome losing 30+ from our 2 deep. Yeah, that would be tough. Luckily, it's only 18 by my count, which leaves us with 26 returning. Must be the least knowledgeable fan base in the SEC. Understandable given their track record and love affair with basketball. Better keep winning those basketball championships so the SEC has a use for you Kentucky!

PMDawg
07-17-2015, 08:47 AM
And you would be correct. 14-13 in '08. Awful just awful. Carlson missed an xtra point and I believe a potential gw fg. Never been so embarrassed during an entire season than that one. La tech, 3-2, ky & 45-0.

I didn't even see the KY game because I had quit watching by that point in the season. I was never as mad as I was after 3-2. To make matters worse, I traveled 8 hours to Atlanta the following week only to be mocked by the GT fans. The LSU loss, then shitfest win over Vandy and follow up drubbing by a mediocre TN team did me in. I didnt watch another game in '08. Freaking Crooms...

War Machine Dawg
07-17-2015, 10:53 AM
Welp, we can skip straight to hoops now. The UK "football fans" have spoken. UK "football fans" talking shit is like a seal talking shit to a a great white shark. Sweet baby Jesus, September 12 can't get here fast enough.

Johnson85
07-17-2015, 10:58 AM

Carlson was da true MVP that year. Every game we lost that year ended up being a blessing, because we probably needed every one of them to get out of the wilderness that year rather than the next year.

DudyDawg
07-17-2015, 11:30 AM
We would run away with the east. As would probably any West team