PDA

View Full Version : Jackson tonight

RBritt
07-16-2015, 06:33 PM
If anybody is going tonight, a recap would be nice. Dan usually does a good job talking about the dogs.

Bigedawg
07-16-2015, 06:59 PM
Here now. Huge crowd. Lots of disappointed folks, especially kids. Guess they decided not to bring Dak. And they're out of Edam cheese! The horror....

MsStateBaseball
07-16-2015, 10:19 PM
Very disappointed at this event the last few years. Of course, I've been going to these things since the early 80's. But now its less about sports and more about kids going to college...

Used to be each coach gave a synopsis of their teams, etc. Now, its just football.

graddawg
07-17-2015, 08:31 AM
Very disappointed at this event the last few years. Of course, I've been going to these things since the early 80's. But now its less about sports and more about kids going to college...

Used to be each coach gave a synopsis of their teams, etc. Now, its just football.

While this is probably a somewhat valid complaint, it is important to remember that the Extravaganza is 100% planned, organized and put on by the Central Mississippi Alumni Board, which is comprised of a group of volunteers. This is very different than the "Road Dawgs Tour" or whatever they call it now that is put on by the university and their team of marketing folks. As a result, the Central Mississippi folks are completely dependent on the coaches and administrators agreeing to come down, and my sense has always been that the University/Athletic Department doesn't put pressure on any of the coaches to do so. Baseball and football coaches, rightfully so, think at times it is more important to be on the road recruiting in mid-July, so they don't always make it.

Also, the Central Mississippi's group lone goal is to raise money to fund scholarships, so the "going to college" component is obviously going to be highlighted.

Full disclosure: I am a former Central Mississippi Board Member, and probably a bit biased on the job done by those folks.

fader2103
07-17-2015, 09:49 AM
They had a pretty cool video that played bc Scott Strickin wasn't there. Hope the video is released soon if it already isn't.

Dawg496
07-17-2015, 09:58 AM
They had a pretty cool video that played bc Scott Strickin wasn't there. Hope the video is released soon if it already isn't.

What was it about? Why were Stricklin and Dak missing? Were they scheduled to be there originally?

DudyDawg
07-17-2015, 11:23 AM
What was it about? Why were Stricklin and Dak missing? Were they scheduled to be there originally?

Dak just spent this week with SECMD. Can't ask him to be at every single event. Dudes gotta practice.

Liverpooldawg
07-17-2015, 11:29 AM

Heaven forbid a college event should be more about kids going to college.

fishwater99
07-17-2015, 11:32 AM

Scott should definitely have been there if he was available...

DudyDawg
07-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Scott should definitely have been there if he was available...

He wasn't

fader2103
07-18-2015, 08:08 AM
I never heard why he wasn't. But the video was just a look at most of last year in all sports and what good things are to come.

Thrill1
07-18-2015, 09:06 AM
Scott is on vacation in Alaska. He posted pics on Twitter & FB yesterday.