PDA

View Full Version : Things that stood out to me yesterday

shannondawg
07-16-2015, 08:42 AM
In watching the replay of the Alabama game last night on the SEC network, the announcers brought up the fact that Bama had 2 players on their team that were not 4 stars and that we had a total of 2 on ours.

Also how much their fans get into the game on every play. Shit, they work as hard as the players do.

I always watch replays of games we win, but hardly ever on losing efforts.

If Dak can improve on the errors that he made in the games, we won or lost, he should have a terrific year.

Love me some SEC network. I notice that Finbaum shuts down comments about teams other than the two A's that have paid his bills thru the years, But will certainly be watching today, when he has Freezus on board.

Texted my tsun buddy this morning with the question. "Yall still paying Tunsil thru all this"?

ShotgunDawg
07-16-2015, 08:47 AM
Did you just pull an all nighter?

Total of two on ours? Have they seen our roster?

Maroonthirteen
07-16-2015, 09:04 AM
We were tight and nervous to start the Bama game. Plus, they were confident and jacked up to beat us.....again. It was a case of one team with no big game experience and one with big game experience.

I rewatched the LSU game, Tuesday. We played near perfect in the 1sh half. We made play after play after play on both sides of the ball. Just an all around great performance for the most part.

Yes, they will play Tunsil. He was just trying to save his mother from an abusive relationship.**** The Agents are a figment of his rogue step father's imagination.*****

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2015, 09:10 AM
We were a few crucial mistakes away from winning that game- it was not a case of them clearly being the better team and running us off the field like it has been in the past. I actually think we out-gained them on the day by a fairly large margin. The three Dak ints, Dak missing a wide open MoJo in the back of the endzone, the Malone false start, Jameon's drop, that killer drive we gave up in the fourth where we let Simms beat us 2-3 times with his legs, etc. There were more, but those are just off the top of my head. Change the outcome of just two or three of those 10 plays and that game ends very differently.

I look forward to getting them at Scott Field this year- hopefully we don't come out tight this time.

shannondawg
07-16-2015, 09:17 AM
Did you just pull an all nighter?

Total of two on ours? Have they seen our roster?

Have no idea, that's what he said, and to be honest, I don't know if its true or not, Or he might have just been making a joke. It just sound reasonable to me. I don't follow recruiting and pay no attn. to stars for the most part.

11:30 is what consider an all nighter these days.

basedog
07-16-2015, 09:31 AM
I have a Lsu buddy and he thinks the Sec is set up for each guy on the network to pull for a certain team and start controversy. They do have a bunch of "wtf" did he say moments!

gravedigger
07-16-2015, 09:32 AM
I dont think we lost the bama game for any reason other than we were too stubborn to continually challenge their fron 4 with dak and they were prepared and up to the challenge.

I sat in the best seats in the house and the entire game experience was awesome. People were nice and they simply do gameday right except for the steroid filled meth addict that they put in the jumbotron every 3rd down. Hell the drunk behind Tusk and i was funny.

But back to the game, we should have prepared differently. Bama was not going to lose that game by being run over by a qb or short running back and they knew lewis was stiff coming off an injury. We needed to get the ball into our wr's hands wide quickly until the middle opened when they spread to cover it. We didnt until it was too late.

Our offensive playcalling was beaten by their defensive playcalling fair and square. Dak throwing int's was a byproduct of the crappy strategy.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2015, 09:40 AM
Dak throwing int's was a byproduct of the crappy strategy.

Dak's INT were a byproduct of Dak making bad throws. Was our strategy the best early on? No but Dak threw 3 INT in plus territory 2 inside the red zone. If he doesn't make just those 2 INT in the red zone & we get just FG's not even TD's then we may be looking at a different outcome.

War Machine Dawg
07-16-2015, 10:04 AM
Dak screwed the pooch in the Bama game. No way around it. 3 INTs, 2 in the redzone, 1 in the endzone. All inside FG range. We lost by 5, but Dak's INTs cost us a minimum of 9 points, maybe more. If he can get that cleaned up, we're going to be hell to stop offensively.

Coackjek
07-16-2015, 10:42 AM
Dak throwing int's was a byproduct of the crappy strategy.

If I remember right Dak was living off passing to the back shoulder. Bama did their homework and Dak didn't adjust. Plain and simple.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2015, 10:46 AM
If I remember right Dak was living off passing to the back shoulder. Bama did their homework and Dak didn't adjust. Plain and simple.

It was Auburn who was prepared for the back shoulder throws. Dak just made bad decisions against Bama.

gtowndawg
07-16-2015, 10:53 AM
I forgot about the punt at the end. I'm not sure how Shump missed the ball? He blocks that and we probably score right there with over 3 minutes left. That plus redzone turnovers. Oh well.

gravedigger
07-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Hate to bring this up lest Tusk get the biggest head on the planet but before the game started he and i were making our predction on how the game would go. He pointed out before it started what their defensive line does. They do not bull rush into the backfield except on occasion. They stand the ol up and essentially "catch" the ball carrier. Pretty much bend dont break on the line of scrimmage.

Dak had a bad passing game because by the time we went to the strategy we should have started with, they were sitting back waiting for the throws. The intermediate throws were open. Lewis dropped an important one.

But believe what you will. After tusk pointed it out, i almost exclusively watched the bama defensive line and they would have stopped jim brown. And we kept running right into it until we could no longer afford to.

shannondawg
07-16-2015, 01:37 PM
Just how do those heathens up in oxfart deserve such a saintly coach. I was about ready to see a collection plate passed around after his time on the podium.

dawgs
07-16-2015, 01:43 PM
Hate to bring this up lest Tusk get the biggest head on the planet but before the game started he and i were making our predction on how the game would go. He pointed out before it started what their defensive line does. They do not bull rush into the backfield except on occasion. They stand the ol up and essentially "catch" the ball carrier. Pretty much bend dont break on the line of scrimmage.

Dak had a bad passing game because by the time we went to the strategy we should have started with, they were sitting back waiting for the throws. The intermediate throws were open. Lewis dropped an important one.

But believe what you will. After tusk pointed it out, i almost exclusively watched the bama defensive line and they would have stopped jim brown. And we kept running right into it until we could no longer afford to.

Yep, as soon as we started getting the ball in space on bubble screens, end arounds, etc. we started moving it, and it even opened up the middle for some gains later in the game. We just kept trying to pound it between the tackles and throw it downfield the first 2+ quarters and not making Bama cover sideline to sideline.