PDA

View Full Version : rumor has it that Shea Patterson is looking around.

dawgclub99
07-15-2015, 06:20 PM
Rumor going around that he visited UCLA. Uh Oh. Kid probably doesnt want to be a part of the eventual death penalty coming to Oxford.

msstate7
07-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Is his brother shopping around? If not, Shea will be at OM

dawgclub99
07-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Is his brother shopping around? If not, Shea will be at OM

Why not? 3 jobs in 4 years. Why not a 4th job?

codeDawg
07-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Supposedly the IMG thing is an "out of network" decision.

Schultzy
07-15-2015, 06:42 PM
Rumor going around that he visited UCLA. Uh Oh. Kid probably doesnt want to be a part of the eventual death penalty coming to Oxford.

He must not have heard what happened on Judge Judy the other day.

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Unless Shea Patterson wants to go watch Josh Rosen throw passes for two years, I doubt he'll be going there… And to be honest, I seriously doubts he goes anywhere other than Ole Miss.

Coach34
07-15-2015, 06:58 PM
Kid probably doesnt want to be a part of the eventual death penalty coming to Oxford.

Members of the NCAA came out and said they wished they hadnt given SMU the death penalty. It will never happen again.

They are being investigated- so we'll see what happens. But it wont be the death penalty

msstate7
07-15-2015, 07:03 PM
Members of the NCAA came out and said they wished they hadnt given SMU the death penalty. It will never happen again.

They are being investigated- so we'll see what happens. But it wont be the death penalty

Hopefully just life in prison*

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2015, 07:06 PM
I'll be extremely shocked if he's not at OM next year.

Todd4State
07-15-2015, 07:28 PM

Exactly. It will never happen to us either when Ole Miss fans bring it up about us when a booster gets caught buying a recruit a Coke by Bracky.

Todd4State
07-15-2015, 07:33 PM
Hopefully just life in prison*

Honestly, I'd rather them not get the death penalty.

I'd like to see them be on probation for five years with a loss of 75 scholarships over that period with significant restrictions on official visits along with a five year bowl ban. That adds up to classes of ten a year- which would put them in a position of a ten year rebuilding program if not longer. I'd also like to see Freeze get the same treatment that Bruce Pearl got at Tennessee.

In other words, I'd rather kick their ass 56-0 every year for ten years than play USM in the Egg Bowl three years in a row.

5 Star
07-15-2015, 08:42 PM
I'll be extremely shocked if he's not at LSU next year.

msstate7
07-15-2015, 08:44 PM

Interesting. Why is that? Hunch?

Billy Ray Valentine
07-15-2015, 08:52 PM

Wut?

5 Star
07-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Interesting. Why is that? Hunch?

Highly rated Louisiana kid, that LSU wants. I have no evidence besides that. But nobody expect Ryan Perrilloux to flip to LSU in he summer either, after he'd committed to Texas. They'll have something to say about it in the end, bet on that. Unless they stumble upon another quarterback they feel is better.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2015, 08:59 PM
Highly rated Louisiana kid, that LSU wants. I have no evidence besides that. But nobody expect Ryan Perrilloux to flip to LSU in he summer either, after he'd committed to Texas.

Big difference. Patterson isn't a Louisiana kid.

5 Star
07-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Big difference. Patterson isn't a Louisiana kid.

Is he not from Shreveport? I just did some quick research and it appears he's moving to Florida for prep school or something. Almost sounds John David Booty-esque. Might end up out at USC like he did.

I don't really know, but I can't see the guy at Ole Miss. 2013 or not, they are still Ole Miss. I guess they did get Robert Lane up there, he was supposedly a high level recruit.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2015, 09:42 PM
Is he not from Shreveport? I just did some quick research and it appears he's moving to Florida for prep school or something. Almost sounds John David Booty-esque. Might end up out at USC like he did.

I don't really know, but I can't see the guy at Ole Miss. 2013 or not, they are still Ole Miss. I guess they did get Robert Lane up there, he was supposedly a high level recruit.

Moved to Shreveport a couple years ago from Texas. Again I'll be extremely extremely shocked if he doesn't end up at OM.

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 09:44 PM
I'd say there is a 90% chance he's at Ole Miss…. That 10% being some extraordinary circumstance (Freeze leaving, Severe Probation, etc.). I could be wrong, but LSU has there QB in this class with Felipe Franks correct?

msstate7
07-15-2015, 09:50 PM
I wonder what Jason pellerin thinks of the shea madness at OM. Wasn't pellerin a highly thought of guy?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2015, 09:52 PM
I wonder what Jason pellerin thinks of the shea madness at OM. Wasn't pellerin a highly thought of guy?

TE bound

TrapGame
07-15-2015, 10:00 PM

If so then this raises a red flag. There could be another player in the game with more finesse and resources than ole miss. If some kind of punishment comes out of this Tunsil thing and they lose Patterson too I'd expect all of Oxford to be on suicide watch.

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 10:00 PM
TE bound

Louisiana-Lafayette bound…. Hudspeth will be pumped.

Homedawg
07-15-2015, 10:02 PM

Lsu doesn't want the guy.

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 10:08 PM
Lsu doesn't want the guy.

That's obviously not true…. He's a consensus 5-star. When ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 247 agree on something, it's probably pretty accurate.

engie
07-15-2015, 10:36 PM
That's obviously not true…. He's a consensus 5-star. When ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 247 agree on something, it's probably pretty accurate.

And LSU has one that's rated basically just as highly already committed that they chose over Patterson on the front end -- hence why they actually allowed his brother to take the job at OM rather than doing everything to keep him in Baton Rouge.

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 10:47 PM
And LSU has one that's rated basically just as highly already committed that they chose over Patterson on the front end -- hence why they actually allowed his brother to take the job at OM rather than doing everything to keep him in Baton Rouge.

Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player
Won Elite 11 MVP, Team Won The Opening

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player
Rivals- #7 QB, #94 Player

I guess "rated basically as highly" means different things to different folks….. I hope Patterson busts as much as anybody, but be real. LSU wanted him, and they, as well as every single school in the country, would take him tomorrow if he wanted to come.

Political Hack
07-15-2015, 10:52 PM

that's what they want you to think. better check that ua connection again. How'd those kids get from the UA game back to Birmingham so quickly for the OM bowl game again?

Political Hack
07-15-2015, 10:55 PM
Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player

I guess "rated basically as highly" means different things to different folks….. I hope Patterson busts as much as anybody, but be real. LSU wanted him, and they, as well as every single school in the country, would take him tomorrow if he wanted to come.

I can promise you LSU's board doesn't follow the composite rankings of recruitnik sites. That's for the paying masses. It's a "bidness." Just like Dak, our Heisman candidate/3-star recruit, wasn't "ranked as high" as probably 90% of the QBs signed in the SEC that season.

msstate7
07-15-2015, 10:56 PM
Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player

Believe it or not, coaches have their own rankings. I have no idea if lsu wants this kid or not. I do know Dan Mullen didn't pull up 247 rankings when he took Tiano over virgil (4* at the time)

Political Hack
07-15-2015, 10:57 PM
also, there's no reason to hope the kids a bust. We only play them once a year. I hope he excels no matter where he goes because it's going to be tough as hell to live up to those expectations. if he does, he's got it together upstairs as well as the physical tools.

engie
07-15-2015, 10:58 PM
Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player

What was dak Prescott rated? Remind me again. But Kiehl Frasier was the #1 qb across sites and an elite11 guy -- so obviously he was the no doubt take over Dak***

I'm saying there is not a ****ing nickel worth of difference between Qb#1 and Qb#10. Much less qb #1 and qb#4. LSU chose Franks over Patterson. true or false? LSU allowed Patterson's brother, who was once on staff at LSU, to leave for Ole Miss in virtually a lateral move? True or false? You can go on believing whatever you want to believe -- but if you legitimately want to argue that LSU didn't choose Franks over Patterson -- well... I'm not even going to say what I think beyond that...

RDawg90
07-15-2015, 11:17 PM
What was dak Prescott rated? Remind me again. But Kiehl Frasier was the #1 qb across sites and an elite11 guy -- so obviously he was the no doubt take over Dak***

I'm saying there is not a ****ing nickel worth of difference between Qb#1 and Qb#10. Much less qb #1 and qb#4. LSU chose Franks over Patterson. true or false? LSU allowed Patterson's brother, who was once on staff at LSU, to leave for Ole Miss in virtually a lateral move? True or false? You can go on believing whatever you want to believe -- but if you legitimately want to argue that LSU didn't choose Franks over Patterson -- well... I'm not even going to say what I think beyond that...

#1 or #2 QBs in (According to Scout)
2014- Kyle Allen…. #10 that year Drew Barker (Kentucky)
2013- Christian Hackenburg… #10 that year Troy Williams (Washington)
2012- Jameis Winston… #10 that year Anthony Alford (Southern Miss/Ole Miss)
2009- Matt Barkley… #10 that year Kevin Newsome (Penn State)
2008- Terrelle Pryor… #10 that year Sean Renfree (Duke)
2007 Jimmy Clausen… #10 that year Robert Marve (Miami/Purdue)
2006 Matt Stafford… #10 that year Neil Caudle (Auburn)
2005 Mark Sanchez… #10 that year Willie Tuitama (Arizona)

That looks like a little more than a "nickels worth of difference."

Also, you're basing your argument of there being no difference between Franks and Patterson by trusting the judgement of an LSU staff that since 2009 has signed high school QBs Brandon Harris, Anthony Jennings, Hayden Rettig, Jeremy Liggins, Jerrard Randall, Stephen Rivers, Zach Lee, Russell Shepard, and Chris Garrett.

Thanks For Playing

Ifyouonlyknew
07-15-2015, 11:50 PM
You're arguing over 2 top 5 QB's. There isn't much difference of 2 consensus top 5 guys. 3 out of the 4 recruiting services have them within 3 spots of each other. There isn't much difference.

CadaverDawg
07-15-2015, 11:54 PM
Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player

I guess "rated basically as highly" means different things to different folks?.. I hope Patterson busts as much as anybody, but be real. LSU wanted him, and they, as well as every single school in the country, would take him tomorrow if he wanted to come.

^^^^ I won't say any names, but it appears someone has outed themselves tonight. ^^^^

Hmm, who worries about recruiting rankings more than any fan base in Merica? Who thinks Shea is the next big thing?

RDawg90
07-16-2015, 12:10 AM
^^^^ I won't say any names, but it appears someone has outed themselves tonight. ^^^^

Hmm, who worries about recruiting rankings more than any fan base in Merica? Who thinks Shea is the next big thing?

Well I don't work for Scout, 247, ESPN, Rivals, Elite 11, or The Opening…. Nor did I, at any point, say that Patterson "was the next big thing." I simply sited what the large majority of the people in that industry think… In addition to pointing out that LSU's coaching staff is about as good at picking QBs as Pamela Anderson is at picking husbands… So if they, as some people here have suggested, picked Franks over Patterson, history suggest that Franks is doomed.

662dawg
07-16-2015, 12:50 AM
Well I don't work for Scout, 247, ESPN, Rivals, Elite 11, or The Opening?. Nor did I, at any point, say that Patterson "was the next big thing." I simply sited what the large majority of the people in that industry think? In addition to pointing out that LSU's coaching staff is about as good at picking QBs as Pamela Anderson is at picking husbands? So if they, as some people here have suggested, picked Franks over Patterson, history suggest that Franks is doomed.

If we are going on history, it says Patterson is the one doomed. LSU has actually started a HS QB in the last 10-12 years.

And I also went back to 2009 & found all the notable QBS according to Scout. It's kind of interesting.

2013 -
Max Browne #1
Christian Hackelburg #2
Josh Dobbs #12
JT Barrett #13
Malik Zaire #14
Kenny Hill #16
Jared Goff #21
Jeremy Johnson #24

2012 -
Gunner Kiel #1
Jameon Winston #2
Matty Mauk #14
Jeremy Liggins #19
Chad Kelly #20
Patrick Towles #33
Cardale Jones #85

2011 -
Jeff Driskell #1
Braxton Miller #2
Brent Hundley #3
Teddy Bridgewater #7
Cody Kessler #13
Everette Golson #16
Johnny Manziel #22
Brandon Allen #32
Marcus Mariotta #34
Trevon Boykin #37
Dak Prescott #70
Conor Cook #82
Rakeem Cato #126

Jake Heaps #1
James Franklin #11
Tyler Bray #26
Conor Shaw #31
Garret Grayson #120
Blake Bortles #148

Matt Barkley #1
Aaron Murray #3
Tahj Boyd #4
Garrett Gilbert #5
Geno Smith #12
Tyler Russell #13
Zach Mettenberger #14
Derek Carr #16
AJ Mcarron #17
Taysom Hill #30
Bryce Petty #35
Jordan Lynch #137

SDDawg
07-16-2015, 01:07 AM
Shea-dog been looking around. No surprise there to anyone other than blind OM homers, the money guys knew this would happen and have the additional cash ready to deploy as needed. Problem is, you can't teach height or heart...

662dawg
07-16-2015, 01:10 AM
The last several elite 11 MVP's

2015 - Shea Patterson
2014 - Blake Barnett
2013 - Sean White
2012 - Asiantii Woulard
2011 - Jameon Winston/Neal Burcham/Tanner Mangum
2010 -Jeff Driskell
2009 - Jake Heaps

Todd4State
07-16-2015, 01:57 AM
The last several elite 11 MVP's

2015 - Shea Patterson
2014 - Blake Barnett
2013 - Sean White
2012 - Asiantii Woulard
2011 - Jameon Winston/Neal Burcham/Tanner Mangum
2010 -Jeff Driskell
2009 - Jake Heaps

2011 had three MVP's? Was Elite 11 sponsored by YMCA that year?

Todd4State
07-16-2015, 02:00 AM
2014- Kyle Allen…. #10 that year Drew Barker (Kentucky)
2013- Christian Hackenburg… #10 that year Troy Williams (Washington)
2012- Jameis Winston… #10 that year Anthony Alford (Southern Miss/Ole Miss)
2009- Matt Barkley… #10 that year Kevin Newsome (Penn State)
2008- Terrelle Pryor… #10 that year Sean Renfree (Duke)
2007 Jimmy Clausen… #10 that year Robert Marve (Miami/Purdue)
2006 Matt Stafford… #10 that year Neil Caudle (Auburn)
2005 Mark Sanchez… #10 that year Willie Tuitama (Arizona)

Also, you're basing your argument of there being no difference between Franks and Patterson by trusting the judgement of an LSU staff that since 2009 has signed high school QBs Brandon Harris, Anthony Jennings, Hayden Rettig, Jeremy Liggins, Jerrard Randall, Stephen Rivers, Zach Lee, Russell Shepard, and Chris Garrett.

Thanks For Playing

They also had the judgment to sign Jamarcus Russell who while he was a bust in the NFL also became the first pick in the entire draft and also bring in Zach Mettenberger who is in the NFL right now.

Todd4State
07-16-2015, 02:02 AM
I can promise you LSU's board doesn't follow the composite rankings of recruitnik sites. That's for the paying masses. It's a "bidness." Just like Dak, our Heisman candidate/3-star recruit, wasn't "ranked as high" as probably 90% of the QBs signed in the SEC that season.

Ole Miss is probably the only team in the country that actually uses the recruiting web sites as a legit source.

If Dan did that it would scare the hell out of me.

GreenheadDawg
07-16-2015, 05:10 AM

Ha I was thinking the exact same thing. He's getting really defensive that some people are sucking patterson's dick. Busted

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-16-2015, 07:10 AM
TE bound

LOL no shit? That's pretty damn funny when the rebs signed him and were saying, "We got our DAK!!!!!!!"

Homedawg
07-16-2015, 07:42 AM
That's obviously not true?. He's a consensus 5-star. When ESPN, Scout, Rivals, and 247 agree on something, it's probably pretty accurate.

Ok go w what you think then. I don't give a crap if he's got 8* and is the consensus #1. Lsu doesn't want the guy.

engie
07-16-2015, 07:49 AM
2014- Kyle Allen?. #10 that year Drew Barker (Kentucky)
2013- Christian Hackenburg? #10 that year Troy Williams (Washington)
2012- Jameis Winston? #10 that year Anthony Alford (Southern Miss/Ole Miss)
2009- Matt Barkley? #10 that year Kevin Newsome (Penn State)
2008- Terrelle Pryor? #10 that year Sean Renfree (Duke)
2007 Jimmy Clausen? #10 that year Robert Marve (Miami/Purdue)
2006 Matt Stafford? #10 that year Neil Caudle (Auburn)
2005 Mark Sanchez? #10 that year Willie Tuitama (Arizona)

Thanks For Playing

So why did 662dawg just own you with what was basically the same way I was going to refute it? One of the last 8 elite 11 mvps have gone on to be a household name as a college qb. Obviously, success is guaranteed when you win that thing**
And that was a REALLY convenient bet hedge by going "number one or number two" instead of sticking with #1 -- but at the same time applying a hard line to sticking with #10. Which is you purposefully skewing results in favor of the kid. My point is the same -- recruiting QBs is far from an exact science -- and I certainly am not giving the kid the Heisman because he led his team to a 3-4 record in 7 on 7 drills at the Elite11 and happened to get hot on the right day. He gets credit for it, sure. How many of these QBs have they signed as anointed ones over the past decade? 4? 5? 6? We beat every single one of those guys. Pardon me if I'm not quaking in my boots.

I guess you'd argue that Mullen is a QB idiot too. Just 2 classes ago, he took 3* Damian Williams over 4* elite eleven MVP Asiantii Woullard. Wouldn't even invite Woullard in on a visit. And that was after we had missed on some targets and it was a big threat that Sandberg was going to go pro. In 2014, he took 2* Fitzgerald and 3* Staley early and never pursued anyone else. I guess you'd trade both for #3 Dual Threat Brandon Harris though**

MedDawg
07-16-2015, 07:58 AM

Jack Lambert
07-16-2015, 08:06 AM
Unless Shea Patterson wants to go watch Josh Rosen throw passes for two years, I doubt he'll be going there? And to be honest, I seriously doubts he goes anywhere other than Ole Miss.

I say it's 50/50 if he gets to Ole Miss. If LSU wants him Coach O will get him. We all know LSU has a QB problem.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2015, 08:28 AM
I say it's 50/50 if he gets to Ole Miss. If LSU wants him Coach O will get him. We all know LSU has a QB problem.

I think it's more like 95/5 he's at OM next year. He won't be at LSU I can pretty much put a guarantee on that.

Jack Lambert
07-16-2015, 08:37 AM
I think it's more like 95/5 he's at OM next year. He won't be at LSU I can pretty much put a guarantee on that.

Only if LSU don't want him.

Bothrops
07-16-2015, 08:58 AM
He's way overrated. Seriously

msstate7
07-16-2015, 09:12 AM
He's way overrated. Seriously

I have no idea if he's overrated or not, but I wouldn't trade staley or fitz for him. I'm sure Patterson is a better pure passer than both, but our guys are bigger and faster. I like our guys

Maroons
07-16-2015, 09:29 AM
Highly rated Louisiana kid, that LSU wants. I have no evidence besides that. But nobody expect Ryan Perrilloux to flip to LSU in he summer either, after he'd committed to Texas. They'll have something to say about it in the end, bet on that. Unless they stumble upon another quarterback they feel is better.

They already have - his name is Phillipe Franks (sp).

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2015, 09:33 AM
Only if LSU don't want him.

LSU wanted him before it's not that they moved on it's just that it's damn near impossible for 1 school to get 2 top 5 QB's. He doesn't have any ties to LSU & LSU already had a great QB committed. This isn't a situation where LSU backed off they just lost out but they don't feel bad bc they already have a great QB committed.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-16-2015, 09:39 AM
Give it up people he will be at OM. 100%

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2015, 09:56 AM
I swear "our" people don't know how to play this game. Any negative UM thread always brings out "our" people to debunk whatever is said. It happens on every single one of our boards. I just don't get it.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-16-2015, 09:59 AM
I swear "our" people don't know how to play this game. Any negative UM thread always brings out "our" people to debunk whatever is said. It happens on every single one of our boards. I just don't get it.

I'm sorry I'd rather be negative about things that are factual not stuff made up just for the sake of making it up. Sorry that's just me. They have enough negative stuff that's really happening that we don't have to make up junk.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
07-16-2015, 10:02 AM

That is because "people" try to start rumors because they can't stand the fact that OM is getting a potential high caliber QB. Not debunking, just stating facts. I really don't care what OM does. I am a State fan. I think we all should have learned by now how much recruiting ratings really matter. I prefer good coaches that can turn 2 and 3* into 5* before they leave.

Liverpooldawg
07-16-2015, 10:10 AM
Facts? On a message board? About recruiting? Seriously? :p

engie
07-16-2015, 10:10 AM

That is because "people" try to start rumors because they can't stand the fact that OM is getting a potential high caliber QB. Not debunking, just stating facts. I really don't care what OM does. I am a State fan. I think we all should have learned by now how much recruiting ratings really matter. I prefer good coaches that can turn 2 and 3* into 5* before they leave.

If you are so laissez faire about the whole deal -- why now post twice on the matter in order to take the OM mantle on it before feeling the need to qualify yourself as an MSU fan? You don't think people find it strange when people go out of their way to give their opinion before telling them how little they care?

War Machine Dawg
07-16-2015, 10:21 AM
Patterson
Scout- #1 QB, #3 Player
247- #2 QB, #5 Player
ESPN- #3 QB, #25 Player
Rivals- #1 QB, #2 Player

Franks
Scout- #4 QB, #71 Player
247- #5 QB, #45 Player
ESPN- #5 QB, #57 Player

I guess "rated basically as highly" means different things to different folks?.. I hope Patterson busts as much as anybody, but be real. LSU wanted him, and they, as well as every single school in the country, would take him tomorrow if he wanted to come.

Been thinking it for a while now, but glad he finally made it obvious. He's clearly a:

http://i.imgur.com/tVMM5m5.gif

RDawg90
07-16-2015, 10:28 AM
A troll for saying that any school in the country would take, according to every recruiting service, at worst the #3 QB prospect in the country? Doesn't his offer list suggest that to be a factual statement? I'm confused.

Or is it because I pointed out that LSU's track record of signing high school QBs since 2009 is nothing short of abysmal?

HancockCountyDog
07-16-2015, 10:38 AM
Facts? On a message board? About recruiting? Seriously? :p

You keep talking to CDM like that, you are going to find a Yeezy in your ass.

662dawg
07-16-2015, 10:39 AM
A troll for saying that any school in the country would take, according to every recruiting service, at worst the #3 QB prospect in the country? Doesn't his offer list suggest that to be a factual statement? I'm confused.

But this is simply not true. Most schools do not recruit per recruiting services. We didn't recruit Patterson for a reason. Small, slow & obviously very unloyal & that's not something Mullen looks for in a QB. He's got bust written all over him if he chooses Ole Miss because as you like to say, History proves it.

TrapGame
07-16-2015, 10:58 AM
Got a Bayou Bengal alum working with me. She's serious into some LSU recruiting. She's heard the LSU working on getting Patterson rumor too.

LC Dawg
07-16-2015, 11:01 AM

Or is it because I pointed out that LSU's track record of signing high school QBs since 2009 is nothing short of abysmal?

I don't know how hard we recruited him but I know Coach Mullen wouldn't take someone based solely on recruiting rankings. Based on our offense and looking at our roster of quarterbacks I would say if we signed a Shea Patterson we would have to totally change our offense or we would just have someone to run the scout team during Egg Bowl practices.

Tripp McNeely
07-16-2015, 11:41 AM

I'm not sure how much LSU wants him...Franks is a better QB and can actually move

Tbonewannabe
07-16-2015, 12:23 PM

I believe LSU has an exponentially better record at signing QBs out of high school than UM. Aren't they working on the 2nd decade since they signed a high school QB and he started more than a couple of games. All their QBs are transfers or Jucos that play.

Johnson85
07-16-2015, 01:25 PM

A troll for being inconsistent and in a way that favors UM?

No clue if LSU wanted patterson, but I seriously doubt they pay that much attention to recruiting rankings. But with your religious belief in the accuracy of recruiting rankings and your belief that LSU is abysmal at picking QBs, why would it surprise you that they had a lower ranked QB higher on their board?

I don't think you're a troll but you have to understand why you sound a little off to people.

Cabo32
07-16-2015, 01:37 PM
I have a friend that coaches at barbee high school..he said lsu still has interest in Patterson but the feeling isn't mutual..which is one of the reasons why he was looking to transfer. He was getting pressure from lsu folks..said Patterson is legit, but he's slightly over rated. This is the same guy that told me a month after Dax committed that he was extremely underrated and that we were getting a steal.

engie
07-16-2015, 01:48 PM
A troll for being inconsistent and in a way that favors UM?

From an Oxford IP, mind you...

messageboardsuperhero
07-16-2015, 02:09 PM
Patterson is a consensus top 3 QB
Franks is a consensus top 7 QB

There's really not a whole lot of difference there as far as rankings go. And it's not like the coaches are studying the recruiting rankings to determine who to offer- only UM coaches do that. They are both top 5-10 QBs and among the elite in their class- after that it's pretty much a coaches preference. I honestly have no idea if LSU wanted the kid or not- but I can assure you that a guy like Cam Camereon (who has coached Phillip Rivers and Joe Flacco) is not sitting at his computer and basing his decision on who to offer over the fact the one QB is rated #2 by a recruiting site and the other is rated #5. That would be absurd.

Also, I have a hard time imagining LSU allowing UM to hire Patterson's brother away so easily if they really and truly were devoted to him as the #1 QB on their board. They probably would have upped the ante if that had been the case.

5 Star
07-16-2015, 02:43 PM
I stand corrected.

Only thing I knew is he was 5 stars, supposedly highly recruited, and spent time in Shreveport (so I figured he was an LSU 4-lifer like many are). I have no idea if LSU wants him or if he's as good a quarterback as he's rated. All I know is, if he's truly projected to be a great player, he'll SHOULD end up somewhere where the average surrounding cast is better. Not at Ole Miss, where he's just being sold on Freeze's idealistic dream.

TrueMaroon
07-16-2015, 02:50 PM
From an Oxford IP, mind you...

https://s.yimg.com/cd/resizer/original/nQD7CHGzNXHjb7AjZOJ8ngsPGsQ.GIF

Todd4State
07-16-2015, 03:03 PM
I stand corrected.

Only thing I knew is he was 5 stars, supposedly highly recruited, and spent time in Shreveport (so I figured he was an LSU 4-lifer like many are). I have no idea if LSU wants him or if he's as good a quarterback as he's rated. All I know is, if he's truly projected to be a great player, he'll SHOULD end up somewhere where the average surrounding cast is better. Not at Ole Miss, where he's just being sold on Freeze's idealistic dream.

Some of these kids think that they are too good for Ole Miss to screw up and take the money.