PDA

View Full Version : Mullen's 1st 4 years vs. Jackie's 97-00 run

The Croom Diaries
07-11-2013, 08:30 AM
I thought it would be a fun summertime comparison to see how Mullen's 4 years stacks up against that great run from 97-00 we had. I mostly wanted to see just how much better the SEC is now than it was back then, and grade Mullen on a curve based on that - plus the fact that it's his first four years and JWS had 6 full years before his I'm comparing against. Here is the article:

http://tinyurl.com/p6fmnba

SignalToNoise
07-11-2013, 08:38 AM
Thant URL is broken. Not sure why "Cough cough cough" is in there so many times.

Working Link here (http://tinyurl.com/p6fmnba)

EDIT: It's doing it to me, too. This site must be enforcing a filter. It's replacing "Mullen.s" (added the .) with *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*

The Croom Diaries
07-11-2013, 08:52 AM
Thant URL is broken. Not sure why "Cough cough cough" is in there so many times.

Working Link here (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2013/7/11/4510178/comparing-*cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*-4-years-to-the-best-4-of-jackie-sherrill-97-00)

EDIT: It's doing it to me, too. This site must be enforcing a filter. It's replacing "Mullen.s" (added the .) with *cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough**cough*

I'm not sure what is happening there. That is weird. It's like Sandman hacked into my account and screwed with the URL. I tried it again and it did the same thing. I guess you could jut click on the link to FWtCT on my signature and it is the featured article.

SignalToNoise
07-11-2013, 08:59 AM
Well, anyways, thanks for posting that. Interesting to look at that data. I had forgotten that Alabama had some terrible teams during that time.

Something else that jumped off the page at me-- South Carolina. They weren't very during that 97-'00 period. Compare the image and perception of that program now with what it was then. It takes a long time to change the face of a program.

FlabLoser
07-11-2013, 09:00 AM
I fixed it by using a tinyurl. The plural of Mullen is censored on this site thanks to a user or two who won't show our relentless head ball coach in charge the respect he richly deserves.

The Croom Diaries
07-11-2013, 09:27 AM
I fixed it by using a tinyurl. The plural of Mullen is censored on this site thanks to a user or two who won't show our relentless head ball coach in charge the respect he richly deserves.

Ha - thanks. So I guess every time we see "cough cough cough" a bunch of times in a post it is because they put an 's' on Mullen?

sandwolf
07-11-2013, 10:04 AM
Ha - thanks. So I guess every time we see "cough cough cough" a bunch of times in a post it is because they put an 's' on Mullen?

Ahhhhh...... I had seen this in posts before and didn't know what the hell was going on.

Interesting read, by the way.

Pollodawg
07-11-2013, 10:14 AM
I agree with the article entirely, had JWS been faced with what we see now, I think he could have the same record as Mullen, tbh, maybe even a little worse. Mullen has done a damned fine job here.