PDA

View Full Version : Hoops starts with Miami in Puerto Rico tournament

CadaverDawg
07-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Per twitter

@robbiefaulk247: According to a report by @JonRothstein, MSU will play Miami in hoops on Nov. 19 in the Puerto Rico Shootout.

BeardoMSU
07-14-2015, 01:59 PM
Sweet. We should get a good idea pretty quick how decent we'll be....

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2015, 02:05 PM
We get 1 game at home before we have to travel to Puerto Rico. We host Eastern Washington Nov 13th.

MetEdDawg
07-14-2015, 02:10 PM
So we've got Miami and Eastern Washington so far confirmed non conference. Do we still have Northern Colorado confirmed too? I thought I remember them being scheduled right before Christmas.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2015, 02:17 PM
So we've got Miami and Eastern Washington so far confirmed non conference. Do we still have Northern Colorado confirmed too? I thought I remember them being scheduled right before Christmas.

We host UMKC on 12/12 host Tulane on 12/19 & host Northern Colorado on 12/23. We also travel to Florida State but don't have the date yet.

MetEdDawg
07-14-2015, 02:22 PM
Ok I thought we had scheduled a few more but couldn't remember them all. Guess that means we've got about 8-10 more games to schedule. With Miami, FSU, and Eastern Washington, I think we've got 3 legit opponents. I think we add at least 2-3 more quality opponents and fill the rest with what should be for sure wins.

messageboardsuperhero
07-14-2015, 02:25 PM
Ok I thought we had scheduled a few more but couldn't remember them all. Guess that means we've got about 8-10 more games to schedule. With Miami, FSU, and Eastern Washington, I think we've got 3 legit opponents. I think we add at least 2-3 more quality opponents and fill the rest with what should be for sure wins.

The non-conference schedule is supposedly already done. Just waiting for the go-ahead from the SEC to release it.

MetEdDawg
07-14-2015, 02:27 PM
The non-conference schedule is supposedly already done. Just waiting for the go-ahead from the SEC to release it.

Any rumor as to who we've got? I have to imagine Howland is going to be willing to play some additional quality teams. I'm looking forward to hearing who all we scheduled.

messageboardsuperhero
07-14-2015, 02:57 PM
Any rumor as to who we've got? I have to imagine Howland is going to be willing to play some additional quality teams. I'm looking forward to hearing who all we scheduled.

Howland didn't have a whole lot of say about this year's schedule. It was almost done by the time he got here.

I do know that we plan on scheduling really well in the future- Howland isn't stupid and will make the right moves to beef up our RPI.