PDA

View Full Version : SEC grid schedule

DancingRabbit
07-14-2015, 01:27 PM
I thought I would post this here as it is somewhat buried on the SEC site. I also converted it from a PDF to a JPG.

I'm posting it from the converter site, so it may not work or it may disappear at some point.

http://pdf2jpg.net/files/51840989f3a206fd848cdd868e8b4daa74166585/2015%20Football%20Schedule%20Grid.indd-H-page-001.jpg

DancingRabbit
07-14-2015, 01:29 PM
Here's a link to the PDF version

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2015/0625/2015%20Football%20Schedule%20Grid.indd-H.pdf

MafiaDawg
07-14-2015, 01:35 PM
They will eventually update our helmets. Or we may actually move back to that style first.

RAYn_Man
07-14-2015, 02:20 PM
Anyone else find it weird that we play Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arky the week after they play LSU?

DancingRabbit
07-14-2015, 02:27 PM
Anyone else find it weird that we play Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, and Arky the week after they play LSU?

I think it was mentioned on the board that after Sept. 12 they are our best friends. They're a physical team. I hope they do their part after we beat them.

MetEdDawg
07-14-2015, 02:36 PM
Just looking at Ole Miss and their schedule I just don't see how people see them competing for the West. They get 10 straight weeks before a buy and games 8-10 are TAMU, @Auburn, and Arkansas. Then they get a bye and get LSU and @MSU. Someone tell me why they will go better than 2-3 in that stretch. Then you get @Bama Week 3 who will punk them after last year and @UF week 5. That's rough. I see them 8-4 at best next year.

As for our schedule, I think a lot of us agree that this is the best odd numbered year schedule we've had. Get LSU and @Auburn very early, which is where you want them with an experienced QB at the helm. We get 3 in a row at home before our bye week and all 3 should be wins. We get extended time to prep for @Mizzou on a Thursday (even though they do too) and we get 2 extra days to prep for Bama the week after they play LSU. I love our set up. Only thing I hate is the back to back SEC West road games @Auburn and @TAMU.

I also think Bama loses 2 with that schedule. They've got a couple rough stretches and if they play a freshman QB like some are saying they will, I think they will be hard pressed to do better than 10 regular season wins.

Johnson85
07-14-2015, 03:14 PM
Just looking at Ole Miss and their schedule I just don't see how people see them competing for the West. They get 10 straight weeks before a buy and games 8-10 are TAMU, @Auburn, and Arkansas. Then they get a bye and get LSU and @MSU. Someone tell me why they will go better than 2-3 in that stretch. Then you get @Bama Week 3 who will punk them after last year and @UF week 5. That's rough. I see them 8-4 at best next year.

Ole Miss's schedule looks pretty good to me. They get two OOC games before Bama, who will be playing a qb in his third start, and possible third game. Then they get a week off with Vandy before playing a physical Florida team. Then they get two OOC games before having a tough three game stretch, but at least those three get more physical each week. Much better to go A&M, Auburn, and Arkansas than to go Arkansas first, which might leave them beat up enough that they drop an otherwise winnable game to A&M or Auburn. Then they get a bye after probably the most physical game they'll play, before finishing up with LSU and MSU.

Certainly not how I would arrange it if I were them and got to choose the order of every game, but it doesn't seem particularly bad for an SEC West schedule. Just not a lot of way to play 12 games in thirteen weeks, including 6 SECW games without having some brutal stretches.

As for our schedule, I think a lot of us agree that this is the best odd numbered year schedule we've had. Get LSU and @Auburn very early, which is where you want them with an experienced QB at the helm. We get 3 in a row at home before our bye week and all 3 should be wins. We get extended time to prep for @Mizzou on a Thursday (even though they do too) and we get 2 extra days to prep for Bama the week after they play LSU. I love our set up. Only thing I hate is the back to back SEC West road games @Auburn and @TAMU. Agreed. Certainly not how I would pick to arrange them, but it could be worse. Wish we didn't have Bama, then Ark, then UM three weeks straight, but you're just going to have tough stretches in any SEC West schedule.

I also think Bama loses 2 with that schedule. They've got a couple rough stretches and if they play a freshman QB like some are saying they will, I think they will be hard pressed to do better than 10 regular season wins.

@MSU and @Auburn and @UGA are the major threats on their schedule. Arkansas, UT, and LSU might be dangerous on the road, but should be manageable in Tuscaloosa. It would be hard for them to do better than 10 b/c it's always hard to avoid any slipups. But 10 looks very doable for them.

MSUDawg99
07-15-2015, 12:29 PM
Here's a link to the PDF version

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2015/0625/2015%20Football%20Schedule%20Grid.indd-H.pdf

THANK YOU! I've been trying to find this. ASAP Printing used to bring us hard copies to our office for doing print work with them but that's been a few years now. Miss this. Thanks again!