PDA

View Full Version : Austin Nichols Update

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2015, 11:32 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25241052/memphis-transfer-austin-nichols-eyes-virginia-but-duke-likely-destination

I think we're on the outside looking in on this 1. We'll see if we make his top 5.

DancingRabbit
07-14-2015, 11:54 AM
http://mweb.cbssports.com/ncaab/eye-on-college-basketball/25241052/memphis-transfer-austin-nichols-eyes-virginia-but-duke-likely-destination

I think we're on the outside looking in on this 1. We'll see if we make his top 5.

Gary Parrish was saying yesterday that he thought Duke might not be the pick because of lack of playing time. Same with Kentucky. Said he knew playing time was high on the list of priorities.

messageboardsuperhero
07-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Gary Parrish was saying yesterday that he thought Duke might not be the pick because of lack of playing time. Same with Kentucky. Said he knew playing time was high on the list of priorities.

I heard that as well. We knew Virginia was his #1, but that looks unlikely. We'll see about Duke.

engie
07-14-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm starting to really wonder if I want to deal with this guy for at least two years. He's certainly talented, and there's certainly two sides to every story, but there is quite a bit of negative pub out there on him right now...

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Update: Memphis has removed all restrictions & Nichols is free to go to any school he wants. The thoughts are he's headed to Virginia.

thf24
07-14-2015, 06:25 PM
Update: Memphis has removed all restrictions & Nichols is free to go to any school he wants. The thoughts are he's headed to Virginia.

Any school, even conference and scheduled opponents? If so, makes you wonder how much power schools actually have in this situation when the threat of lawyers is laid down. Or if there was a wild card in this specific case that we don't know about.

messageboardsuperhero
07-14-2015, 06:41 PM

He's UVA bound. That's where most thought he wanted to go when this whole thing started.

Oh well. Just frees up another spot for an additional 2016 big man.

JOHNHEVESYMADE
07-15-2015, 11:40 AM
We had our chance with the restrictions. Now we are out of it. He will go to Virginia or Duke.