PDA

View Full Version : C34's 2015 Depth Chart

Coach34
07-13-2015, 09:26 PM
Random assholes are putting out depth charts- I will put my educated guess Depth Chart out there heading into Fall Camp:

QB- Dakota Prescott....Staley/Fitzgerald...Williams
TB- Shumpert...Lee/Williams
TE- Walley/Hutch
Slot- Ross/Myles
WR- Bear/Fred
WR- Stonehands/Gray
RT- Senior/Rankin/Robinson
RG- Desper/Thomas
C- Clayborn/Johnson
LG- Malone/Calhoun
LT- Warren/Jenkins

I think Staley/Fitz overtake Williams and Mullen is not an idiot. He is going to play the guy he thinks will win the job in 2016- and I think he plays Staley/Fitz both to make that decision
Hev loves Calhoun and Jenkins. Rankin has work to do to get in the rotation. I can tell ya right now- if Warren struggles- Senior is moving to LT. Robinson is insurance because he can be counted on to play 15 snaps a game if need be. Clayborn is so talented and the strongest player on the team- is huge for us playing 3-4 teams because he can handle NG's better
Morrow is going to be the 2015 RoJo until Gray or Fred proves they are worth starting.
Shump does it all except hit the hole naturally. Because of that- Lee and Williams get snaps and chances to get more carries. All of our RB's in 2015 are physical- and that makes us a better running team

DE- Jefferson/Dale
DT- Adams/James/Adams
DT- Jones/Thomas/Hoyett
DE- Brown/Coleman
MLB- Benni B/Dez Harris
SLB- Richie B/ Gerri G
WLB- Gray/Jackson
CB- Redmond/Jiles
CB- Calhoun/Cleveland
SS- Coman/Bryant/McLaurin
F/S- Market/Peters

Our starting DL is very good. Rushing the passer is a concern though. If Nick James continues the progress, he will be a draft pick. Thomas, Fl Adams, and Hoyett need to give us some snaps. R. Brown and Jones have to live to their potential or we got DL problems
Our starting LB's are as good as it gets. Is Harris healthy? Can Richie bump out vs Bama, UPig, and LSU so we get 3 physical LB's on the field at once?.
How quickly will Peters and McLaurin catch on?

Todd4State
07-13-2015, 09:32 PM
My inevitable question about the o-line is in the scenario that you discussed with Senior moving to LT, who plays RT? Do we just flip Warren over there or do we go ahead and start Jenkins?

War Machine Dawg
07-13-2015, 09:42 PM
My inevitable question about the o-line is in the scenario that you discussed with Senior moving to LT, who plays RT? Do we just flip Warren over there or do we go ahead and start Jenkins?

Rankin.

Coach34
07-13-2015, 09:44 PM

My guess is that Hev didnt move Senior to LT because he doesnt want a complete new side starter-wise. Warren has great feet and has the talent to play LT. Does he have the hands? The punch?
Jenkins left Spring ahead of Rankin. Is Jenkins that ****ing good or is Rankin overrated?
Calhoun is going to play. He is Gabe Jackson Jr.

I cant freaking wait for August

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 09:44 PM
I agree with most. We've already had discussions on the OT spots but Martinas will get his shot at LT in fall camp as will Elgton. If Rufus is starting Week 1 he's earned it & is the man for the job. He has the physical attributes. I'll say with a lot of confidence that Damian Robinson won't play a meaningful snap this season. I also think Fred Brown will start at the other WR over Joe. Calvin will be the backup to Jefferson. You said going into camp mine is going into Week 1.

Todd4State
07-13-2015, 09:48 PM
My guess is that Hev didnt move Senior to LT because he doesnt want a complete new side starter-wise. Warren has great feet and has the talent to play LT. Does he have the hands? The punch?
Jenkins left Spring ahead of Rankin. Is Jenkins that ****ing good or is Rankin overrated?
Calhoun is going to play. He is Gabe Jackson Jr.

I cant freaking wait for August

Even if Jenkins beats out Rankin, I'm not sure that would necessarily mean that Rankin is overrated. Hevesey likes to develop guys and I think it's hard for someone to just come in and play right away unless we have a major hole with no depth- like when we had Siddoway at RT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rankin is redshirted- like Jocquell Johnson was last year.

Todd4State
07-13-2015, 09:51 PM
I agree with most. We've already had discussions on the OT spots but Martinas will get his shot at LT in fall camp as will Elgton. If Rufus is starting Week 1 he's earned it & is the man for the job. He has the physical attributes. I'll say with a lot of confidence that Damian Robinson won't play a meaningful snap this season. I also think Fred Brown will start at the other WR over Joe. Calvin will be the backup to Jefferson. You said going into camp mine is going into Week 1.

With Dan, I think there is a difference between starting and getting the most reps. Basically being a starter for us just means you get to say your name on the JumboTron before the game.

I could see Morrow and Robinson "starting" basically because they are seniors but Brown and whomever at RT getting the most reps. I think the same thing happens with Market to an extent as well if he's not all that healthy.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 09:56 PM
With Dan, I think there is a difference between starting and getting the most reps. Basically being a starter for us just means you get to say your name on the JumboTron before the game.

I could see Morrow and Robinson "starting" basically because they are seniors but Brown and whomever at RT getting the most reps. I think the same thing happens with Market to an extent as well if he's not all that healthy.

I could see Morrow starting bc the talent gap isn't much between he & Fred. Damian won't play.

Coach34
07-13-2015, 10:00 PM
Even if Jenkins beats out Rankin, I'm not sure that would necessarily mean that Rankin is overrated. Hevesey likes to develop guys and I think it's hard for someone to just come in and play right away unless we have a major hole with no depth- like when we had Siddoway at RT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Rankin is redshirted- like Jocquell Johnson was last year.

Todd- one of your most insightful posts

If Warren and Senior hold the starting OT spots- then you will see a push to RS Rankin. Why play Rankin here and there when he can start at OT in 2016 and 2017. Play Jenkins at OT3- and RS Rankin for the future.

This could easily happen

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 10:05 PM
Todd- one of your most insightful posts

If Warren and Senior hold the starting OT spots- then you will see a push to RS Rankin. Why play Rankin here and there when he can start at OT in 2016 and 2017. Play Jenkins at OT3- and RS Rankin for the future.

This could easily happen

If Warren & Senior stay healthy it could happen & I wouldn't be opposed to it. Fall camp & the 1st few games will tell the tale.

CadaverDawg
07-13-2015, 10:32 PM
Good stuff Coach. So you think Benny will be MLB and Richie outside? I thought Richie was MLB with Gerri as backup....no doubt Benny could play any LB position and excel

Coach34
07-13-2015, 10:35 PM
Good stuff Coach. So you think Benny will be MLB and Richie outside? I thought Richie was MLB with Gerri as backup....no doubt Benny could play any LB position and excel

Benni is the man in the middle- Richie is twice the coverage LB Benni is

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-13-2015, 10:56 PM

Not that there's anything wrong with it, but is Richie Cam Lawrence 2.0? I loved Cam's game, but against some of the more physical teams he was 'better in coverage'.

Todd4State
07-13-2015, 11:55 PM
I could see Morrow starting bc the talent gap isn't much between he & Fred. Damian won't play.

I think Damien will play some- and I agree with whomever said he will get like 10-15 snaps a game. If we thought he wouldn't play at all, why would we ask him back for a sixth year? We might as well process him and let Jenkins get his snaps rather than have him taking up a roster spot. He's essentially a poor man's Tobias Smith.

Todd4State
07-14-2015, 12:00 AM
Not that there's anything wrong with it, but is Richie Cam Lawrence 2.0? I loved Cam's game, but against some of the more physical teams he was 'better in coverage'.

To me it looked like Richie had bulked up some in the spring game. Richie is listed as being about 15 pounds heavier than Cam was when he played for us. FWIW. So, hopefully he will be better in run support this year.

RiverCityDawg
07-14-2015, 06:16 AM

I thought that was a typo, but you really think that? Benni has never played a snap at mike and Richie never a snap on the outside, but you really think they switch at this point? Even after Richie at mike and Benni on the outside all spring? And Gerri and Dez switch too? I don't see that happening.

gravedigger
07-14-2015, 06:32 AM
My ONLY adjustment is that cole carter will be in the two deep on the ol somewhere.

I know this based on the fact i got to be at quite a few practices over the last two years and the lineman hevesy seemed to focus on was cole. Its no exaggeration to say that happened in every practice. Cole is hevesy's project and he'll get his shot.

I also think we see more defensive injuries this year. Mainly due to fatigue. Partially due to the idea that most have never played a full game.

A year ago id have told you that the 2016 season looked bleak with all we stand to lose, but im backing off that now. Our depth may be a worry for some, but ours is damn strong considering how much we lost this past year.

I do not expect non mau fans to see this.

Dallas_Dawg
07-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Richie has always had the body type to play LB. Cam was a QB/S who had to bulk up to play Lb, so that isn't really a good comparison. Richie knocks people backwards when he hits them, unlike Cam who made a lot of tackles downfield

Ifyouonlyknew
07-14-2015, 07:49 AM
I think Damien will play some- and I agree with whomever said he will get like 10-15 snaps a game. If we thought he wouldn't play at all, why would we ask him back for a sixth year? We might as well process him and let Jenkins get his snaps rather than have him taking up a roster spot. He's essentially a poor man's Tobias Smith.

We didn't ask him back he chose to come back. I'll be more than shocked if he plays any meaningful snaps. If I'm wrong I don't mind saying I was I just don't think I will be.

Covercorner2
07-14-2015, 07:52 AM
To me it looked like Richie had bulked up some in the spring game. Richie is listed as being about 15 pounds heavier than Cam was when he played for us. FWIW. So, hopefully he will be better in run support this year.

FWIW, I noticed Richie was listed at 245 on the roster in the media guide that came out yesterday. So you may be right...

FISHDAWG
07-14-2015, 08:00 AM
Richie has always had the body type to play LB. Cam was a QB/S who had to bulk up to play Lb, so that isn't really a good comparison. Richie knocks people backwards when he hits them, unlike Cam who made a lot of tackles downfield

Cam played smart ... I love what I see in Richie and hope he reads the O as well as Cam did

mic
07-14-2015, 08:15 AM
FWIW, I noticed Richie was listed at 245 on the roster in the media guide that came out yesterday. So you may be right...

Richie is better than Cam for sure.. Plus he will help out so much with Benni in calling plays and directing traffic on defense this will allow Benni to just play football more .. And with Manny back I think those 2 play will be very similar to what we saw with chris white and KJ.. Big difference is look who is a backing them up... (Green, Lewis, Harris )

Coach34
07-14-2015, 08:52 AM
I thought that was a typo, but you really think that? Benni has never played a snap at mike and Richie never a snap on the outside, but you really think they switch at this point? Even after Richie at mike and Benni on the outside all spring? And Gerri and Dez switch too? I don't see that happening.

its kind of splitting hairs in how they are labeled and how the DC runs his defense. Especially vs today's Spread offenses. Benni is the man to play the middle- call the D- and attack the run. Richie has more speed and is much better is coverage. He will be the guy to bump out in pass coverage while Benni stays home inside. We're not going to be throwing Benni out in coverage to leave Richie as the run stopper

preachermatt83
07-14-2015, 11:27 AM
Won't happen but my LB's would be Green in the middle with Brown Brothers taking OLB spots. That's our best 3 LBs and with the way Manny uses his LB's you want your best 3 on the field regardless because as C34 said, in today's spread offense style of football all 3 of your LB's have to be able to do virtually the same thing.

engie
07-14-2015, 11:40 AM
Won't happen but my LB's would be Green in the middle with Brown Brothers taking OLB spots. That's our best 3 LBs and with the way Manny uses his LB's you want your best 3 on the field regardless because as C34 said, in today's spread offense style of football all 3 of your LB's have to be able to do virtually the same thing.

I like it against power teams.

Stay in Nickel with Giles vs spread teams...