PDA

View Full Version : Raekwon?

Tripp McNeely
07-13-2015, 02:38 PM
How confident are we about him in Maroon...and if so, why and what's the timeline? I've got a Bammer buddy who's convinced he'll stick...and everything I've heard says the opposite

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 02:45 PM
We're quietly confident. He's not 100% committed to Bama & has said as much repeatedly. Don't expect him to flip anytime soon more than likely an OV type thing in January.

RealHastings
07-13-2015, 03:02 PM
He'll be a dawg in the end, I'm quite confident in saying that. Think Benito Jones, Leo Lewis, etc. type situation.

TUSK
07-13-2015, 03:16 PM
He'll be a dawg in the end, I'm quite confident in saying that. Think Benito Jones, Leo Lewis, etc. type situation. Bama starts filling the pockets of MS recruits early in the process which inevitably leads to a subsequent commitment from said recruit. Only later on in the process they figure out where they really want to go. This is not speculation, might I add.

I think you're probably right, RH... Especially when one considers the commitment of Kendall Jones a couple months ago...

Jack Lambert
07-13-2015, 03:19 PM
A friend of mine was recruited by Bear Byrant and he stills brags about it. I guess I would too.

TUSK
07-13-2015, 03:42 PM
A friend of mine was recruited by Bear Byrant and he stills brags about it. I guess I would too.

Can you say who it was, Jack?

MSUDawg99
07-13-2015, 04:15 PM
I think you're probably right, RH... Especially when one considers the commitment of Kendall Jones a couple months ago...

I've heard Rosebowl say the same thing...they offer guys early to keep them from looking or taking visits elsewhere. Then when they see who they really want later on down the road, then they cool things off with said recruit & leave him hanging out to dry.

Bothrops
07-13-2015, 06:04 PM
I don't see Raekwon at Bama. I think they will cool off on him later.

Gordon Gekko
07-13-2015, 07:31 PM
I don't follow recruiting at all. When I clicked on this thread I thought it was about one of the Wu Tang Clan guys.