PDA

View Full Version : Reed Smith - New baseball commit

CadaverDawg
07-12-2015, 09:31 PM
#1 shortstop in Alabama just committed. Anybody know much about him...

@TD_JMcWilliams: Russellville's Reed Smith has committed to play baseball at Mississippi State. Smith was the Class 5A state championship tournament's MVP.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 09:31 PM
He's a 6'0 180 pound MIF from Russellville, Al. I can't find any stats, but he was the MVP of the 5A Championship series in Alabama and he was second team All-State as a junior.

CadaverDawg
07-12-2015, 09:32 PM
@MsStBaseballFan: NEW COMMIT | MIF Reed Smith 6-0 180 from Russellville, Al. Why not? The #1 ranked SS in the state of Alabama too. Natl ranked 132.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 09:36 PM
http://www.franklinfreepress.net/sports/details.cfm?clientid=38&id=180986#.VaMjW-pRHIV

Here's an article with some stats in it. He plays for the East Cobb Astros and hit .490 last year and 5 HR's for his HS team. Also stole 22 bases.

Jack Lambert
07-12-2015, 09:37 PM
He's a 6'0 180 pound MIF from Russellville, Al. I can't find any stats, but he was the MVP of the 5A Championship series in Alabama and he was second team All-State as a junior.

He's about 3" too tall.

MsStateBaseball
07-12-2015, 10:50 PM
We don't need a super star at short just steady, and we need HS guys to break the JC cycle. With him then the 2018 SS from Mobile we are looking great for a few years.

Just keep getting quality HS guys.

whosyourdawgy
07-13-2015, 07:50 AM
But how do these kids get our name wrong? I mean the University of Mississippi State? Are we UMS now? If you are going to a school, you should know which school. Happens at Ole Miss too. the University of Ole Miss. ole Miss University Southern Miss University. I think even Malik said it wrong although he was live and nervous as heck. But when ya tweeting it out and have all day to get it right, get it right. MSU. Mississippi State University. Ain't that hard. Oh and welcome to MSU

Outside Dawg
07-13-2015, 08:28 AM
But when ya tweeting it out and have all day to get it right, get it right.

I could care less...Happy to have them apart of our team.**

Seriously though, I get your point...It happens to everyone.

drummerdawg
07-13-2015, 09:24 AM
I think even Malik said it wrong although he was live and nervous as heck. But when ya tweeting it out and have all day to get it right, get it right. MSU. Mississippi State University. Ain't that hard. Oh and welcome to MSU

I have a feeling Malik did that on purpose. But I could be wrong.

maroonmania
07-13-2015, 09:32 AM
I have a feeling Malik did that on purpose. But I could be wrong.

Yea, kind of thinking Malik did it on purpose to throw everybody off but who knows. Given his Dad played at the school I have to think he knew what the correct name of the school was. Now with guys from AL with no connection to the school I wouldn't expect as much.