PDA

View Full Version : Baseball recruiting

MsStateBaseball
07-12-2015, 09:25 PM
I think you won't see us sign 10 junior college players like we did last year. We are getting kids consistently now off the travel teams and that should give us a steady flow. We will sign JCs some are excellent, Brett Pirtle.

This was the year to really get after it too. No postseason means we have plenty of time. The 16 class is excellent right now.

CadaverDawg
07-12-2015, 09:29 PM
I think you won't see us sign 10 junior college players like we did last year. We are getting kids consistently now off the travel teams and that should give us a steady flow. We will sign JCs some are excellent, Brett Pirtle.

This was the year to really get after it too. No postseason means we have plenty of time. The 16 class is excellent right now.

Just saw where the #1 SS in Alabama committed tonight as well! Big day for the Diamond Dawgs

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 09:38 PM
Just saw where the #1 SS in Alabama committed tonight as well! Big day for the Diamond Dawgs

We added two of the top four players in Alabama today.

msstate7
07-12-2015, 09:41 PM

Draft stock?

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 09:54 PM
Draft stock?

Right now PG has him rated as the 132 best high school player in the country. That's roughly in the lower end of the top 10 rounds assuming nothing changes (which it will one way or the other). He doesn't appear to be a huge power guy like Pickett or Riley, so we probably stand at least a decent shot of landing him as things stand right now.

msstate7
07-12-2015, 09:57 PM
Right now PG has him rated as the 132 best high school player in the country. That's roughly in the lower end of the top 10 rounds assuming nothing changes (which it will one way or the other). He doesn't appear to be a huge power guy like Pickett or Riley, so we probably stand at least a decent shot of landing him as things stand right now.

That's the type of player I want to target then. Guy that could go either way, but not a certain loss come draft day

KB21
07-12-2015, 10:01 PM
I'm hoping Speas is going to be a high bonus guy that wants a ridiculous amount to sign.

MsStateBaseball
07-12-2015, 10:43 PM
We have 11 committed so I'm thinking we need 4 more plus a couple walk-on or JC types. We will lose roughly 12 off this year's team via Sr or draft.

Speas is gone I think. He has the fever. He is going to all the events he can to get noticed. I'll be tickled if we just lose him.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 10:48 PM
I'm hoping Speas is going to be a high bonus guy that wants a ridiculous amount to sign.

The thing is he will probably get whatever he wants. Unless it's like 40 million.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 10:49 PM
That's the type of player I want to target then. Guy that could go either way, but not a certain loss come draft day

Exactly. This is how Vanderbilt started out recruiting. Guys like this.