PDA

View Full Version : Graham Ashcraft- new baseball commit

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 07:10 PM
RHP from Huntsville, Al who has topped out at 93 per PG and 95 and the WWBC per twitter. He also made Team USA's U17 team.

Also of note he hit 16 home runs last year.

messageboardsuperhero
07-12-2015, 07:17 PM
Stud.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 07:25 PM
http://leaguelineup.com/welcome.asp?url=socalntt

Here's an article about him yesterday along with some video.

Drugdog
07-12-2015, 07:49 PM
I get excited about these new Stud recruits. And the I think about the coaching he will receive and the first game of the year with a runner on first and he is asked to bunt. Depressing. Hopefully not the scenario , but until Cohen proves "us " wrong that's what I think.

Todd4State
07-12-2015, 08:47 PM
I get excited about these new Stud recruits. And the I think about the coaching he will receive and the first game of the year with a runner on first and he is asked to bunt. Depressing. Hopefully not the scenario , but until Cohen proves "us " wrong that's what I think.

Not sure why some of our fans don't understand baseball. You have power hitters- you bunt less. Cohen is not the only coach in America that bunts with singles hitters. It's not like we are asking guys like Hunter Renfroe to bunt a lot.

SignalToNoise
07-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Todd that is a fair point but the question it raises is why is our lineup loaded with singles hitters? To the casual fan (like myself) it looks like our line up is loaded 5'10" 175 pound guys that hit three-hoppers back to the pitcher. Have we just done a poor job recruiting power?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 10:05 AM
Todd that is a fair point but the question it raises is why is our lineup loaded with singles hitters? To the casual fan (like myself) it looks like our line up is loaded 5'10" 175 pound guys that hit three-hoppers back to the pitcher. Have we just done a poor job recruiting power?

Collins, Rea, Humphreys, Rooker, & Reynolds are in the lineup often they aren't those size hitters. They just have to produce. We have plenty guys with size but if they're not hitting for power what can you do? Replace them with more singles hitters so the fans can bitch some more?

engie
07-13-2015, 10:08 AM

We've done a good job recruiting power. MLB has done a better job of gutting us by overpaying in the draft. We've lost 4 potential power hitters in the last 2 classes alone.

MzTerry
07-13-2015, 10:14 AM
Collins, Rea, Humphreys, Rooker, & Reynolds are in the lineup often they aren't those size hitters. They just have to produce. We have plenty guys with size but if they're not hitting for power what can you do? Replace them with more singles hitters so the fans can bitch some more?

Agree w/ your overall point, but Luke Reynolds only hit 5 hr in juco in ~300 appearances. I do not see him as a power threat in the SEC, but I would think he should at least show a little more consistent gap power than he has.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-13-2015, 10:48 AM
Agree w/ your overall point, but Luke Reynolds only hit 5 hr in juco in ~300 appearances. I do not see him as a power threat in the SEC, but I would think he should at least show a little more consistent gap power than he has.

I agree. I was speaking more to the point of our lineup is full of a bunch of 5'10" 175lbs guys.

SouthMsDawg
07-13-2015, 10:59 AM
RHP from Huntsville, Al who has topped out at 93 per PG and 95 and the WWBC per twitter. He also made Team USA's U17 team.

Also of note he hit 16 home runs last year.

That alone sounds like hes 100% MLB bound with that velocity and swing. He sounds similar to Riley.

SignalToNoise
07-13-2015, 01:04 PM
We've done a good job recruiting power. MLB has done a better job of gutting us by overpaying in the draft. We've lost 4 potential power hitters in the last 2 classes alone.

I figured that has something to do with it. A combination of losing some power guys to the draft and still waiting for the power guys we have now to have the light turn on.