PDA

View Full Version : The Dan Mullen Show..........

corona con lima
07-12-2015, 10:05 AM
In need of a complete remake or OK the way it is? What are your thoughts. I say blow it up and do a studio show the next day.

CCL

CadaverDawg
07-12-2015, 10:13 AM
In need of a complete remake or OK the way it is? What are your thoughts. I say blow it up and do a studio show the next day.

CCL

I agree, it sucks....start fresh

FlabLoser
07-12-2015, 10:21 AM
Blow it up. Current format is not worth our time or his.

I'm hear they are changing it this year.

MafiaDawg
07-12-2015, 10:37 AM
I'm sure Dan likes it the way it is because he gets to knock it out immediately after the game as opposed to having to do it on Sundays (especially after a road trip). It can still improve with the production phase while keeping the schedule of doing mullen's part right after the game.

TheRef
07-12-2015, 10:59 AM
They are just doing the "Relentless" series instead of the show. High quality production.

the59dawg
07-12-2015, 02:16 PM

CCL

currently 50% ads, 25% talking and 25% fb action. What do you want to see in 30 min? Let the ad sponsors continue but put them together in a 3 min segment at beginning or end but still pay for it. Delete the ads if possible and acknowlege the sponsors.

ShotgunDawg
07-12-2015, 02:21 PM
currently 50% ads, 25% talking and 25% fb action. What do you want to see in 30 min? Let the ad sponsors continue but put them together in a 3 min segment at beginning or end but still pay for it. Delete the ads if possible and acknowlege the sponsors.

What I want to see is behind the scenes stuff.

I watched the game already & can find all the analysis in the world on twitter, message boards, SEC Network, etc...

What I can't see is the locker room before the game. The mood of the team during practice the week before, the mood of the team following the game in the locker room & the next day during film study.

I want behind the scenes stuff. I don't want highlights, I don't want player profiles about charity work, I don't want to hear about academics. I want behind the scenes.

I want to get to know our coaches & players in their everyday lives. I want to know that they are real people, I want to know what Mullen eats, I want to know what our coach's daily schedule is, I want to know Dak interacts with others in the locker room. I want to know who the team clowns & leaders are.

I don't need Mullen's analysis of the game or a play at any point. Mullen doesn't even need to be officially part of the show.

If the show were a 30 minute free running video that followed the team from Sunday till after the game, I would be excited about that.

I don't understand why this is rocket science. The "Hard Knocks" "The Season" model works & attacks viewers. USE IT

FlabLoser
07-12-2015, 04:36 PM
Do it like Hard Knocks. Or The Season. I don't care if they say we ripped them off.

TheRef
07-12-2015, 04:40 PM
Do it like Hard Knocks. Or The Season. I don't care if they say we ripped them off.

They are....it's called "Relentless". They started it during basketball.

dickiedawg
07-12-2015, 05:05 PM
I'd love to see a film room show with Matt Wyatt (for example) breaking down what went right, what went wrong, etc. Stuff you'd miss on the first watch through or especially watching the game in person.
A behind the scenes "reality" type show would be cool and compelling too but some in-depth analysis would be awesome. Make 2 shows.

TXDawg
07-12-2015, 07:49 PM
They are....it's called "Relentless". They started it during basketball.

I've seen a few of these "Relentless" programs, but they don't seem to be put out on any sort of regular basis. Any idea if they're planning to make it a weekly episode once football starts?

TheRef
07-12-2015, 08:09 PM
I've seen a few of these "Relentless" programs, but they don't seem to be put out on any sort of regular basis. Any idea if they're planning to make it a weekly episode once football starts?

From what I understand, yes.

Bothrops
07-12-2015, 08:13 PM
Didn't know they still did these shows. I don't think I've seen one since the 2013 season.

SDDawg
07-12-2015, 08:15 PM

The NFL won't care... **