PDA

View Full Version : Mitchell Miller MSU baseball commit

Todd4State
07-11-2015, 10:27 PM
Has made the Under Armour All-American Baseball Game along with MSU commit Alex Spaes. Miller is a LHP and Spaes is a RHP.

To me, this is the baseball version of the McDonald's All-American Game.

I don't believe we will get Spaes, but I do believe at this time that we will get Miller.

Treemydawg
07-11-2015, 10:48 PM
What is the difference between these tow guys ? What makes you think we get one and not the other? I'm not trying to be smart or controversial just wanting your honest opinion, I'm not all that into following recruiting.

Tbonewannabe
07-11-2015, 11:02 PM
Spaes is blowing up. Seems to be a 1st round pick with a chance to be top 10. Big righty throwing around 97 now.

msstate7
07-11-2015, 11:12 PM
Spaes is blowing up. Seems to be a 1st round pick with a chance to be top 10. Big righty throwing around 97 now.

A guy that can throw 97 will be hard to sneak thru top 10 rounds for sure

pilldawg
07-11-2015, 11:36 PM
A guy that can throw 97 will be hard to sneak thru top 10 rounds for sure

nm

msstate7
07-11-2015, 11:38 PM
nm

Then we're wasting time on him. It's almost impossible to get top 10 round guys much less top 10 overall

Todd4State
07-11-2015, 11:44 PM
What is the difference between these tow guys ? What makes you think we get one and not the other? I'm not trying to be smart or controversial just wanting your honest opinion, I'm not all that into following recruiting.

No, that's cool. As other have said Spaes is looking like a top ten pick. Even if his stock drops, he's going somewhere in the first round. He might even be a darkhorse to be the top pick in the draft overall- long way to go on that, but I think it's possible at this point.

Miller has pretty much said that he wants to go to school. He is going to be a two year guy because of his age. Miller is a crafty LH pitcher- he's more in the high 80's and is still developing and growing.

Todd4State
07-11-2015, 11:47 PM
Then we're wasting time on him. It's almost impossible to get top 10 round guys much less top 10 overall

I'm OK with us taking a couple of chances on guys like Spaes every year. The key is to have a contingency plan in place so that we don't have to rely heavily on guys like him and then if we do get him, we're loaded. We won't miss Fenter because we loaded ourselves at pitcher with guys like Parker Ford, Padgett, Breaux, among others.

I hope it doesn't happen- but if Spaes got hurt or something like that- then we get him. Along with our contingency plan which makes us even deeper.

MsStateBaseball
07-12-2015, 07:08 AM
And its developing the relationship w his travel team which has other good players coming in behind him. Speas will be a 1st or 2nd rounder.

We got all our LHP this year so if Mitchell goes pro it's ok, we got other LHP coming in too.

Just over sign each year and know we will lose a couple, going to happen.

AlSwearengen
07-12-2015, 10:08 AM
I'm OK with us taking a couple of chances on guys like Spaes every year. The key is to have a contingency plan in place so that we don't have to rely heavily on guys like him and then if we do get him, we're loaded. We won't miss Fenter because we loaded ourselves at pitcher with guys like Parker Ford, Padgett, Breaux, among others.

I hope it doesn't happen- but if Spaes got hurt or something like that- then we get him. Along with our contingency plan which makes us even deeper.

It is good to see Miss. St. by a players name that has just been drafted in the first round. Even better in the first few picks. Nothing wrong with getting a little positive perception in the eyes of baseball people and recruits.