PDA

View Full Version : Is it really worth it?

Bucky Dog
07-11-2015, 05:25 PM
I am sitting here watching the recent stories on the FSU guys beating up women and the whole Winston rape/no rape, and his bizarre behavior on campus last year. Not to mention Jimbo has got some crazy shit going on at him now!

Go back to Auburn and Cam and bringing in Chizik to be a puppet to win. What about all of the other questionable players they bought and brought in?

Throw in the recent Miami and UNC cases where they were trying to be relevant again.

Now you have the Bears, possibly getting what many have suspected for a few years. Academic fraud, second chance thugs, players who have been Paidwell, and so on. And you have Bucky, who is probably a good guy, but personally I don't think he doesn't know what all has gone on and I think he has just turned a blind eye.

My point is, you are seeing people go all in to win, and in the end you see lives destroyed, coaches take the fall, programs take a hit, and all in the name of winning. I know the pressure is great on coaches and programs, but damn I hope we never sell out that way, it seems Mullen and staff continue to recruit guys that have character and want to be here, and they do a great job at developing players, and I am proud of that. Now do I think any program is squeaky clean? No, but just don't be stupid and arrogant and hypocritical either!

Leroy Jenkins
07-11-2015, 05:49 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/chrissmith/2013/01/07/the-money-behind-the-bcs-national-championship/

gravedigger
07-11-2015, 06:04 PM
Good observations. And why i think mullen gives less than optimal effort for kids he doesnt think will be receptive to his style and expectations.

Would he like to have them all? Sure. But there is a level of chemistry yhat must exist no matter the talent.

Some will be a colossal waste of time.

That is what ratings cannot capture.
And why o many good players wash out everywhere.

Msu is a school first and student athletes must live up to a minimal level of behavior no matter thieir ability to bring us a championship

Dawgcentral
07-11-2015, 07:24 PM
You really think Bucky doesn't know what's going on?

dawgoneyall
07-11-2015, 08:39 PM
"And you have Bucky, who is probably a good guy"

There are some girls (more likely parents) from Briercrest who would disagree.

5 Star
07-11-2015, 08:44 PM
When someone gets a free pass or shown favoritism, there is always respect lost somewhere. Always. Chizik won a national title but his players ran wild afterwards, and he lost the program. Jackie got a little lax at the end, same thing.

So no, in my opinion, it's not worth it. Cam Newton lining up a national title was a once in a quarter-century type thing. Just look at the luck they got in the Alabama game. You really can't judge by that year, freak occurrence.

I don't know how Ole Miss will shake out but I suspect it ends the same. Bucky will probably jump ship before the train derails, though.

Schultzy
07-12-2015, 08:19 AM
You really think Bucky doesn't know what's going on?

No kidding, this guy was essential to the network during his years as an assistant. It's why he has the job now.