PDA

View Full Version : Football thread..Answer these...(bc I'm bored and wanting football)

CadaverDawg
07-11-2015, 02:42 PM
Does Mullen let Fitz get the second team QB reps in garbage time this year to prepare for next year, or is D Williams going to get them do to his experience in case we need him if Dak goes down?

Who produces more this year...Morrow, F Brown, or D Gray?

Who produces more this year...Aeris, D Lee, Holloway?

Who has more sacks...Jones, R Brown, Jefferson?

Who has a better year....G Green, JT Gray, Z Jackson?

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2015, 02:45 PM
1. Whoever wins the 2nd team job in fall camp. If Staley is fully healthy I think he's the 2nd best QB

2. Fred Brown

3. Aeris

4. R. Brown

5. JT Gray

shoeless joe
07-11-2015, 03:38 PM
1. History says Williams is the guy

2. F brown

3. Lee

4. AJ...most underrated player on the team IMO

5. Least amount of knowledge here but I think the best player of that bunch is green.

Coach34
07-11-2015, 03:57 PM
Does Mullen let Fitz get the second team QB reps in garbage time this year to prepare for next year, or is D Williams going to get them do to his experience in case we need him if Dak goes down? I think Williams is 4th QB by the end of August and Mullen gets Staley and Fitz some snaps

Who produces more this year...Morrow, F Brown, or D Gray? Morrow. Big target to help take pressure off Ross and Bear

Who produces more this year...Aeris, D Lee, Holloway? D Lee works his way to being #2 and gets some big carries

Who has more sacks...Jones, R Brown, Jefferson? Ryan Brown

Who has a better year....G Green, JT Gray, Z Jackson? Green just because of sheer ability

in bold

CadaverDawg
07-11-2015, 04:00 PM
in bold

Coach, that was Ryan Brown, not Richie. Shoulda been more clear, sorry

Coach34
07-11-2015, 04:09 PM
Ahhhh- Ryan Brown is the easy choice there. I think he gets 9-10 this year

dawg21
07-11-2015, 04:25 PM
I know Staley has been injured some..but I thought Fitz was ahead of him in every aspect.

gravedigger
07-11-2015, 04:57 PM
Does Mullen let Fitz get the second team QB reps in garbage time this year to prepare for next year, or is D Williams going to get them do to his experience in case we need him if Dak goes down?

Fitz
Brown
Lee
Jefferson
Green

Rayburn8
07-11-2015, 05:06 PM
I know Staley has been injured some..but I thought Fitz was ahead of him in every aspect.

Pre injury during bowl practice last year Staley had pasted Fitz and was taking more reps.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2015, 05:11 PM

I'll answer my own question like this...

1. Williams - I think Fitz is our next starter, but Dan will go with Williams' experience if Dak goes down, so he'll get him snaps early in garbage time.

2. Morrow - I like what I saw out of Morrow late last year, and I think he has a slightly more productive year than Brown, but I like Brown a lot too.

3. Aeris - Y'all better hope I'm right too, because Aeris is a stud. Too many people fell in love with Lee in the spring game. He may be good, but he isn't passing Shumpert nor Aeris this fall IMO. Jeremy Chappelle and Brandon Holloway had huge Spring Games at one time too...don't forget that. Lee will be really good in time, but I think people are jumping the gun on him being an impact guy this year. Maybe I'm wrong.

4. Jefferson - AJ may be the most underrated guy in the Conference. He will go Pernell McPhee this year IMO.

5. JT Gray - This one is tough, bc Green is the most talented, but I think Diaz's scheme will allow Gray to come in and blitz some and really utilize his speed to cause havoc. I see Gray and Green both having good years, but this one may come down to who gets more snaps. Can Green or Gray start over Jackson? We know the Bros Brown are starting, so who gets that 3rd starting spot at LB?

Coach34
07-11-2015, 05:12 PM

health yes- playing QB? No

archdog
07-11-2015, 06:03 PM
in bold

Agree with all except I will take Aj Jefferson. Dude looked strong and I think he is going to like Diaz system

Madisonmd
07-11-2015, 06:21 PM
Here is what one of our OLs said, "Damian is clearly our second best QB, not even close." Take it for what you will, simply repeating a players judgement, starter btw

Coach34
07-11-2015, 06:24 PM
Agree with all except I will take Aj Jefferson. Dude looked strong and I think he is going to like Diaz system

AJ doesnt rush the passer anywhere near as well as Brown. AJ is a fantastic run-stopper and I have no doubts he will improve his pass rush- but Ryan Brown is a draft pick. Only question left like Preston last year is what round he climbs to

1bigdawg
07-11-2015, 06:27 PM
The other question about our QB's is, will the fourth string guy play receiver or something else to get on the field? Both Fitz and Staley have burned their redshirts; would they rather play another position for the season or sit on the bench?

Coach34
07-11-2015, 06:30 PM
Here is what one of our OLs said, "Damian is clearly our second best QB, not even close." Take it for what you will, simply repeating a players judgement, starter btw

Damien couldnt even dress and practice this Spring. Fitz has come a long way since the Fall- and Staley was coming along well until he got hurt in bowl practice. August will be very different now that Staley will be healthy and both of them arent true Freshmen anymore

Madisonmd
07-11-2015, 06:32 PM
Not arguing, just telling what one player judged based on play during season and bowl prep

Madisonmd
07-11-2015, 06:33 PM
Btw, id be real careful relying on Staley...

Coach34
07-11-2015, 06:37 PM
Btw, id be real careful relying on Staley...

Well, thats the outlying question that has to be solved. Staley is more talented QB than Fitz. Fitz according to the staff is an "IT" guy. Staley has to get tougher and prove he has some "IT". We'll see how it shakes out

Madisonmd
07-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Couldn't agree more, will be interesting

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2015, 07:03 PM
If Staley shows he's reliable I'm betting he's the man next year.

shoeless joe
07-11-2015, 07:32 PM
AJ doesnt rush the passer anywhere near as well as Brown. AJ is a fantastic run-stopper and I have no doubts he will improve his pass rush- but Ryan Brown is a draft pick. Only question left like Preston last year is what round he climbs to

I disagree, based solely in the eye test. I saw #47 in the backfield repeatedly when he was in the game. I think if jones and james do their job then both Ryan and AJ can have big years.

dawgoneyall
07-11-2015, 07:55 PM
Staley may be better than slice bread but Fitz has that something.

Nice situation.

CadaverDawg
07-11-2015, 08:03 PM
I disagree, based solely in the eye test. I saw #47 in the backfield repeatedly when he was in the game. I think if jones and james do their job then both Ryan and AJ can have big years.

I agree.

And another thing I think we're all forgetting is that Redmond and Calhoun have the potential to lock down good receivers, which should lead to more sacks and turnovers via INT. Our D may not have the depth at DL it had last year, but the playmakers and scheme could lead to a much more disruptive D. If our Safeties surprise us, we could end up with a MUCH better D than we're expecting.

My only real concern is DL depth against the LSU's and Bama's of the World. We need to have guys like Corey Thomas to step up early, and we need to score a lot to keep teams from being able to just run it for 4 quarters and wear us down.

War Machine Dawg
07-11-2015, 11:59 PM

1. It'll be whoever wins the QB2 battle. I don't care if it's Williams, Fitz, or Staley. They're all different. Williams is the best pure passer, Fitz the best pure runner, Staley the most balanced. Anyone writing off Williams is a fool. The kid competes and has shown he can get it done in SEC play. Being a practice All-American is great, but it's who can get it done when when it counts that matters.

2. Damn, that's a tough one. I've been a big Fred Brown fan for a while. But we saw Stonehands finally emerge last year and Gray is a wildcard. The problem for Gray is Ross is going to start in the slot, so that'll limit his chances. I guess it ultimately depends on your definition of "produces." If you're talking yards and plays in the middle of the field, I'll go with Brown. If you're talking TDs, I take Morrow.

3. Lee. Shump is pure power. I'd love to see us use him in a hybrid FB/H-back type of role. Aries is very similar. Lee is the best all-around back. I was extremely impressed with what I saw from him in the spring game. Quick burst into and through the hole, good speed in the open field, quick to the edge, very physical, and good hands receiving. I get why everyone thinks A-Train is the Next Big Thing, but I'm not sold. His highlight tapes were mostly him just running over smaller defenders then getting caught from behind. A ton of 15-20 yard runs on the HS level, but nothing that made me think he's got the explosiveness needed to be a big time SEC RB. SEC LBs are as big or bigger, so he won't truck them the way he did guys in HS. I just didn't see the wiggle you'd expect for a guy who gets so much hype. Then aGAIN, I could be dead wrong and he could be what everyone seems to think, leaving here as the best RB to ever wear Maroon and White. I don't care who it is, but I want one of these 3 to nut up and absolutely take the job from the other two. We've seen how well a 3-headed monster works back in '99 with Rainey, Zo, and Dontae. I'd be fine with 2 RBs getting a bunch of carries between them, but someone has to be odd man out, imo.

4. I know the popular pick will be Jones, but I'm taking Ryan Brown. I think Jones will see lots of double teams, leaving the DEs with opportunities. And between Brown and Jefferson, Brown is the better pass rusher. I think he has the potential to go off in a big way, similar to Preston Smith last season.

5. I'm taking JT Gray here. Jackson sucks. Gray has the potential to take over the Matt Wells role. He's not as fast as Wells, but there aren't a whole lot of guys on the planet, especially at the LB position, faster than Wells. But Gray is faster than most LBs and certainly faster than Jackson. I was actually really impressed with how well Gray played down the stretch last season. He looked like he had good instincts and definitely wasn't afraid to get physical. Green will be good, but he's blocked by the Brown Brothers.

Quaoarsking
07-12-2015, 12:07 AM
If Williams has any chance of winning the job in 2016, we should redshirt him this year, so that we can use him for 2 years instead of just 1. It would be similar to Georgia redshirting Hutson Mason as a true junior so he would be eligible as a 5th year senior starter.

If Dak gets hurt this year, or if Williams is clearly #4 and it doesn't matter, then don't bother. But I'd sure hate for him to be our best QB in 2016, and then not get to play in 2017.

TUSK
07-12-2015, 01:17 AM
I agree.

And another thing I think we're all forgetting is that Redmond and Calhoun have the potential to lock down good receivers, which should lead to more sacks and turnovers via INT. Our D may not have the depth at DL it had last year, but the playmakers and scheme could lead to a much more disruptive D. If our Safeties surprise us, we could end up with a MUCH better D than we're expecting.

My only real concern is DL depth against the LSU's and Bama's of the World. We need to have guys like Corey Thomas to step up early, and we need to score a lot to keep teams from being able to just run it for 4 quarters and wear us down.

I'm moderately concerned about these cats...err... dawgs.... good tandem on the corners, imo.