PDA

View Full Version : Vandy has some problems ahead

Coach34
07-10-2013, 03:03 PM
http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2013/07/10/report-vanderbilt-football-player-allowed-teammates-to-rape-his-girlfriend/

I hope this isnt true

FreeBoosie
07-10-2013, 03:19 PM
I hate that for Coach Franklin. He's beginning to turn Vandy into a perennial winner and something like this could derail a career.

Pollodawg
07-10-2013, 03:26 PM
Franklin had been bringing in top twenty classes to Vandy. Expect that to come an end. This could be a program killer. You have to question: How much did Franklin know? How much did the other coaches know?

Goat Holder
07-10-2013, 03:27 PM
I think Erik Ainge has been accused of running his mouth before. I'd wait and see what comes of this.

Coach34
07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
They will get some bad press and such- but it's not a program killer. They definitely need to get it handled.

As someone who lives every waking day with a former sexual assault counselor- never judge these types of things until you have all the facts. It's not uncommon for women to have remorse after these types of actions and claim rape- just like it's not uncommon for drunk young guys to try and pull something like this.

Pollodawg
07-10-2013, 03:42 PM
They will get some bad press and such- but it's not a program killer. They definitely need to get it handled.

As someone who lives every waking day with a former sexual assault counselor- never judge these types of things until you have all the facts. It's not uncommon for women to have remorse after these types of actions and claim rape- just like it's not uncommon for drunk young guys to try and pull something like this.

Numerous, numerous stories out there about stuff that was mutually consensual until momma/daddy/husband/ found out....Some are genuine and needs to be punished to the fullest. Some are not.

msstate7
07-10-2013, 03:43 PM
Who would want to let his buddies have a turn on his girl?

Spider-Man
07-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Who would want to let his buddies have a turn on his girl?

No joke.

SignalToNoise
07-10-2013, 03:47 PM
That's pretty 17'd up, if true.

msstate7
07-10-2013, 03:51 PM
That's pretty 17'd up, if true.

Yes it is. If true they should all get some time in prison, but the boyfriend should be thrown away. He's a sick, sick dude. Again, if true...

Coach34
07-10-2013, 04:05 PM
or they need to put her away for awhile for the stigma those guys will have after going thru all this if she is lying....

Political Hack
07-10-2013, 04:29 PM
4 players already dismissed so there has to be something to it. I don't see how this reflects on Franklin, but it could hurt recruiting some I guess.

AlSwearengen
07-10-2013, 07:40 PM
This type of stuff doesn't happen at places like vanderbilt. The danger for franklin and the football program is that the alumni are so disgusted and ashamed that it happened at their school that they demand more scrutiny into recruits that are allowed to sign with them. Vandy fans aren't bama or olemiss fans. A typical vandy alum isn't going to pimp out their daughter to a football player.

Political Hack
07-10-2013, 07:43 PM
This type of stuff doesn't happen at places like vanderbilt. The danger for franklin and the football program is that the alumni are so disgusted and ashamed that it happened at their school that they demand more scrutiny into recruits that are allowed to sign with them. Vandy fans aren't bama or olemiss fans. A typical vandy alum isn't going to pimp out their daughter to a football player.

This is why CJ didn't sign with Vandy (or State).

MSUDawg4Life
07-10-2013, 07:53 PM

No decent parent would want something like that to happen to their daughter. Vandy alums aren't special in that regard.

I do understand that some Bama and OM parents are not decent ....

mic
07-10-2013, 07:56 PM
This is why CJ didn't sign with Vandy (or State).

Good stuff there hack..

Spider-Man
07-11-2013, 08:25 AM

Just BJs in a photobooth.

col. forbin
07-11-2013, 08:57 AM
I might be in the minority here but after Franklin's comments about how he doesn't want the type of kids that we recruit, I hope he goes down. Unnecessary shot at us,imo. How do our recruits look now compared to yours, Franklin?

Esmerelda Villalobos
07-11-2013, 09:03 AM
Franklin is bullet proof. They will put this behind them. Nobody in their camp is worried about it effecting recruiting.