PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Story involving Billy G

BeastMan
07-10-2015, 09:27 PM
On my ride home listening to Bomani Jones. He says at Florida Percy Harvin got in a fight with Billy G and beat the hell out of him. Says team was running bleachers for conditioning and Harvin sits down mid workout and said this shit stops now. The next day they were playing basketball for conditioning. I had never heard all that.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2015, 09:29 PM
I had heard the story about Harvin beating up the coach but didn't know it was Billy.

War Machine Dawg
07-10-2015, 09:30 PM
On my ride home listening to Bomani Jones. He says at Florida Percy Harvin got in a fight with Billy G and beat the hell out of him. Says team was running bleachers for conditioning and Harvin sits down mid workout and said this shit stops now. The next day they were playing basketball for conditioning. I had never heard all that.

If true, that doesn't exactly make me feel better about Billy G.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-10-2015, 09:32 PM

It's not the 1st or last time Harvin has whooped somebody. It's a common occurrence wherever he's at.

BeastMan
07-10-2015, 09:33 PM

Harvin known for fighting someone everywhere he goes. Guys in the league are scared of him. Doesn't make me feel any different about Billy G. Just sorry he had to coach a crazy person

sandwolf
07-10-2015, 11:50 PM

It doesn't really make me feel any particular way about Gonzales. But if true, it does make me think that Urban Meyer has absolutely no problem with letting the inmates run the asylum. If a player puts his hands on a coach, you kick his ass off the team immediately.

Dawg61
07-11-2015, 12:49 AM
I wanna hear Billy G's side of the story. Bet you'll feel better about him then WMD.

BulldogBear
07-11-2015, 01:03 AM
It doesn't really make me feel any particular way about Gonzales. But if true, it does make me think that Urban Meyer has absolutely no problem with letting the inmates run the asylum. If a player puts his hands on a coach, you kick his ass off the team immediately.
This. And sit his a$$ overnight in County to think about it. Completely unacceptable.

BeastMan
07-11-2015, 06:20 AM

Agree 100%. You can only imagine what that locker room was like with Harvin and Hernandez... And that's the only ones we know about.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2015, 06:44 AM
Agree 100%. You can only imagine what that locker room was like with Harvin and Hernandez... And that's the only ones we know about.

Pouncey twins on that team too. They had a team that rivaled those Miami & Nebraska early 90's team as far as wildness & recklessness.

BeastMan
07-11-2015, 06:53 AM
Pouncey twins on that team too. They had a team that rivaled those Miami & Nebraska early 90's team as far as wildness & recklessness.

It really goes to show what a great leader Tebow was as a collegiate QB. He was some hellified glue holding that moral abomination of a roster together.

Ifyouonlyknew
07-11-2015, 07:13 AM
It really goes to show what a great leader Tebow was as a collegiate QB. He was some hellified glue holding that moral abomination of a roster together.

Goes to show how talented those guys we named are. They could act a fool all week & then go out & play at an AA level on Saturdays.

BrunswickDawg
07-11-2015, 07:20 AM
It does make you wonder if Urban can keep it together at OSU. It's also obvious Dan learned an important lesson from those teams too.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
07-11-2015, 08:13 AM
It's also obvious Dan learned an important lesson from those teams too.
I've often thought about that with our recruiting strategies. It seems we really try to stay away potential troublemakers.

BeastMan
07-11-2015, 08:34 AM
I've often thought about that with our recruiting strategies. It seems we really try to stay away potential troublemakers.

To an extent. We aren't assembling a Boy Scout troop lol. I do think your point is valid in that Mullen takes some "character risk" in every class but just a few. And by "character risk" I'm casting a wide net to cover any off-the-field situation including grade issues. There are always gonna be a few guys with crazy talent that you hope once integrated into a positive atmosphere they mold themselves for the better. A perfect example would be Nick James and Quay Evans. Both were risk; one bought in, one didn't. You have guys like Jamoral Graham and Eli Staley who were kicked off high school sports teams. Graham has had a few bumps and Staley (who I'm really really excited about) has been a model teammate. Malik Dear is another guy who should benefit from the stability and program culture.

It's easier to take a few risk here and there once you have your program culture in place and Mullen has a blue collar atmosphere installed now. In big-time college football you have to roll the dice some but it can never turn into an inmates running the asylum situation like the end of Nutt at OM or what it appears is going on at FSU now. If your culture turns toxic, the guys who need that stability and positive atmosphere the most are at a higher risk of not panning out.

Madisonmd
07-11-2015, 10:14 AM
WELL SAID!

preachermatt83
07-11-2015, 01:29 PM

THIS!!!

sandwolf
07-11-2015, 02:11 PM
To an extent. We aren't assembling a Boy Scout troop lol. I do think your point is valid in that Mullen takes some "character risk" in every class but just a few. And by "character risk" I'm casting a wide net to cover any off-the-field situation including grade issues. There are always gonna be a few guys with crazy talent that you hope once integrated into a positive atmosphere they mold themselves for the better. A perfect example would be Nick James and Quay Evans. Both were risk; one bought in, one didn't. You have guys like Jamoral Graham and Eli Staley who were kicked off high school sports teams. Graham has had a few bumps and Staley (who I'm really really excited about) has been a model teammate. Malik Dear is another guy who should benefit from the stability and program culture.

It's easier to take a few risk here and there once you have your program culture in place and Mullen has a blue collar atmosphere installed now. In big-time college football you have to roll the dice some but it can never turn into an inmates running the asylum situation like the end of Nutt at OM or what it appears is going on at FSU now. If your culture turns toxic, the guys who need that stability and positive atmosphere the most are at a higher risk of not panning out.

Good post.....completely agree.

AlSwearengen
07-11-2015, 03:52 PM
I remember Megan mentioning a few years ago about how the kids on the State team were nice kids and then she referenced Florida in a way that she was comparing them to the kids at Florida and it was night and day difference.

Florida truly had a scary locker room complete with a psychopathic killer.